PDA

View Full Version : Last Anime You Watched

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 06:15 PM
As the title says, which anime did you watch last? You can list up to the last 3 you watched if you wish, as long as they're from different shows! But please explain what the anime is about briefly and what you liked or disliked. Please dont say; "I watched Naturo, it was cool" or something along those lines. Put effort into it! Ok then, I watched:

School Rumble: Episodes 4 & 5
This has to be the most random anime Ive seen. It has no real plot like saving the world or being in a fantasy. Its all about Tenma, a girl in school who falls in love with classmate Karasumaru, however, a bad ass called Kenji has strong feelings for Tenma! Thats really the main plot, and lots of werid stuff happens in between! Alot of fun and I love the opening and ending themes!

Full Moon wo Sagas***e: 1 - 6 (dont ask me why the title has a rude word in it!)
Lovely, but sad anime. 12 year old Kouyama loves to sing, but has a tumor in her throat. She doesnt want it to be removed as she will never talk again and she loves singing. Takuto and Meroko, two angels of death, appear to Kouyama and inform her she has one year left to live! So they help her to try and become a pop idol! Its comical and lovely, yet you have to remember she is only going to survive for a year. Tragic, but amazing!

DeathKnight
06-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Yugo-On The Anime Channel:love:

Um ok, I'll explain. It's this anime where this guy is a NEGOTIATOR living in Japan but travels around the world negotiating for clients he finds worthy. He starts off in Pakistan, trying to save a girl's father from some evil Guerilla(the man's a very important person, president of something..can't remember right). So I'll see what happens next.

The guy's name is Yugo.

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 06:33 PM
What did I say!?

But please explain what the anime is about briefly and what you liked or disliked. Please dont say; "I watched Naturo, it was cool" or something along those lines. Put effort into it!

Twilight Edge
06-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Pokemon:Destiny Deoxys.

I'm rewatching this for the fifth time.mainly about an outer space pokemon called Deoxys,the legendary dragon Rayquaza,twin pikachu lookalikes Plusle and Minun and Muntlax,the baby form of Snorlax.Mostly the battle focus on Deoxys and Rayquaza but seeing Blaziken,Metagross and Blastoise in action are cool.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Death Knight, please state a reason behind why you enjoyed the anime, as per the request of the thread.

And as for me, it was the 82nd episode of Bleach (still in the filler arc). I did enjoy it because it actually seemed to go somewhere (see: the inevitable but way to long coming end so we can get back to the cool stuff in the manga). As well as a cameo by "No Name", Ichigo's hollow self. That was happy.

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
And as for me, it was the 82nd episode of Bleach
No way! I only have 71 episodes :( Darn and thanks BTV :D

Twilight Edge
06-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Bleach rox!Too bad I only have money to afford the manga.:(

starseeker
06-03-2006, 08:14 PM
I watched Tenchi Muyo. It's about a guy called Tenchi who ends up sharing a house with 5 girls who all want a piece of him, 2 of which hate each other's guts. I just find it really funny and a bit weird in places.

DeathKnight
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I watched Tenchi Muyo. It's about a guy called Tenchi who ends up sharing a house with 5 girls who all want a piece of him, 2 of which hate each other's guts. I just find it really funny and a bit weird in places.

TENCHI! TENCHI!

Man! I love this series to DEATH!

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-03-2006, 08:21 PM
If possible, let's refrain from commenting on other anime without at least posting up an anime that we last watched and what we thought about it. If you wish to discuss the anime that are brought up, other threads can be made to do so.

And, I just got around to watching more of .hack//Roots today. Episode 3, as a matter of fact. I'm rather enjoying the series, it's a lot faster-paced than .hack//Sign which means many people may enjoy it more, and I am definitely interested in seeing Haseo's evolution as a character.

DeathKnight
06-03-2006, 08:25 PM
If possible, let's refrain from commenting on other anime without at least posting up an anime that we last watched and what we thought about it. If you wish to discuss the anime that are brought up, other threads can be made to do so.

And, I just got around to watching more of .hack//Roots today. Episode 3, as a matter of fact. I'm rather enjoying the series, it's a lot faster-paced than .hack//Sign which means many people may enjoy it more, and I am definitely interested in seeing Haseo's evolution as a character.

funny, SapphireStar was the first to do so, yet it's brought up after I do it. Interesting. Anyway, I watched Naruto yesterday, an episode I missed. Most people know what Naruto's 'bout, kick ass YOUNG ninjas who work in groups trying to become the best ninjas known to man.

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 08:27 PM
funny, SapphireStar was the first to do so, yet it's brought up after I do it.
I was thanking BTV for stepping in and sorting out your post. And I commented on Bleach and we are contining the Bleach dissucussion via PMs.

Back on topic please.

Just watched another 2 episodes of School Rumble, Kenji needs to confess his love for Tenma-san pronto!! So frustrating! I hope this doest continue for the whole series, 26 in total :(

Reeno the Alchemist
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
full metal alchemist last ep (full metal alchemist is a show about alchemy and 2 people who lost something presiouse to them and then they tried to get her back but then paid the ultimate exchange.) it was sad i hated when envy stabbed poor edward and i hate how ed died for al to bring him back.i liked it when stupid leirra(or however you spell her name)died hahahahaha!it made me cry it was so sad yet kinda educational.edward ended up in "our" world and al stayed in his own world.i almost died when mustang got shot i started to cry then (yea yea call me a baby but im a girl so ill cry when i want!)i love mustang besides all the death best ending ever!

Please use the spoiler tags.

~Void

XxSephirothxX
06-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I watched the first episode of Gundam Wing. It sucked. ;)

Shoeberto
06-03-2006, 09:08 PM
I liked Gundam Wing. The movie was pretty good. That might've even been the last anime I watched. I haven't had the chance to watch the series in a long time, though, but I always dug it.

XxSephirothxX
06-03-2006, 09:10 PM
God Hsu you're such a Philistine. :mad2:

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Probably all those FMA dubs I had. It had a nice ending, but it did stray from the manga quite a bit. (Alot.) Speaking of which...*cleans out computer* And I finished YuYu Hakusho...why did it have to end? :cat: :( It was getting very repetitive though..

I did watch 101 of Naruto, because everyone was raving about how funny that episode is. I guess it was okay. I really should get caught up on Naruto, and Bleach as well.

rubah
06-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I liked Gundam Wing. The movie was pretty good. That might've even been the last anime I watched. I haven't had the chance to watch the series in a long time, though, but I always dug it.

God Hsu you're such a Philistine.
What's Gundam Wing like?

Elite Lord Sigma
06-04-2006, 01:30 AM
I most recently watched the first episode of Pokémon Chronicles. I liked most of it, especially at the battle between Marina and Jimmy. The only two things that bugged me were two voices: Hitmonlee's voice at the beginning is way too high-pitched, and the professor for Team Rocket at the beginning is just plain annoying. Other than that, it was good.

Dreddz
06-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Black Jack ep 6 of the OAV series. Not bad, im really getting into this anime.

krissy
06-04-2006, 01:36 AM
ERGO PROXY

EPISODES 8 AND 9

NeoCracker
06-04-2006, 02:12 AM

God Hsu you're such a Philistine.
What's Gundam Wing like?
from what I remember its about a war between the space colonies and the planets waged with giant robots called mobile suits. The gundams are special suits far superior to the others. The main Character pilots the Zero wing. Others include Death Scythe, Sand Rock, Heavy Arms, Dragon, and Tall Geese. Don't remeber much past that.

Most recent one I watched was the end of GetBackers. Great series, but the ending felt rushed, and left out things i was dying to see, like a final Shodown between Ginji and Akabane, and a fight with Kagami of Babylon City.

Rostum
06-04-2006, 02:41 AM
Kirby. xD Edit: Japanese un-cut episodes.

I been reading manga though. ;o

black orb
06-04-2006, 03:41 AM
>>> I think it was a couple of KiBA episodes..

Tasura
06-04-2006, 03:53 AM
You do not realize the can of worms you have opened.

Lessse now, umm..

.hack//Roots ep 8 - Void already mentioned some about the series, and I jsut have to add that the series is really starting to pick up now, and fast, and regarding Haseo's evolution that Void mentioned, it could happen in ep 9.

Robotech eps 1-14 - Its basically a mecha anime, wiht a bit of romance added in, its based in the future about an event that happend in the past, and the reprocusions of that event.

Naruto ep 187 - Filler, need I say more?

Edit: Restricting me to three is just plain mean =(

Marshall Banana
06-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Full Moon wo Sagas***e: 1 - 6 (dont ask me why the title has a rude word in it!)
Aw, I love that one! I've only read the manga, though, and not even completely. I thought it was really cute, but I stopped reading it over halfway through. I'll probably pick up where I left off eventually. Also! Myco voices Mitsuki/Full Moon and sings a lot of songs featured in the show! Myco <3. I really should watch it. I've heard that the manga and anime are quite different.

Anyway, I think the last anime that I watched in its entirety was Mahoromatic, and before that was Saikano. Aside from those two, I watch Inuyasha episodes every now and then.

Mahoromatic is about a combat android who decides to spend the last year of her life span living out a normal life among humans, more specifically as a maid for a young boy named Suguru. Also, she hates ecchi. Saikano is about a young girl who has somehow been forged into the "ultimate weapon" and struggles to come to terms with it. It's a love story, it's tragic, there's a war going on, a lot of people die, and Chise cries a lot. Luckily, it was only 13 episodes long. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to finish it. Mahoromatic was way more enjoyable.

It feels like I'm forgetting some, though, because I watched those months ago. I probably am. Oh well.

Moon Rabbits
06-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Sailor Moon R (Season Premier):

What? I need to explain why Sailor Moon is awesome?
Really I started watching it again for nostalgic reasons, being the first anime I ever knew about. Now, however, I am back into it and am loving every episode (even the filler, I love it so). If anyone doesn't know what sailor moon is (shame) it's a show about sailor soldiers from the moon. Yep.

Full Metal Alchemist (Episode 9):

And that's quite enough of that show, thanks. It's too repetitive for my tastes, and the two protaganists are beyond annoying. Bland, I don't plan on finishing anymore episodes.

EDIT Shakugan No Shana (Episode 8):

I love this show. It's a more obscure anime but it's so freakin' good. In the beginning it was rather confusing (with terms like Guze, Flame, Flame Haze, etc) but it's easy to understand now and a very good story. Basically it's about this guy (his name escapes me at the moment) who finds out that he is a "flame". Flames are temporary place holders for people who's exsistences have been eaten by monsters. All flames slowly flicker until they disappear, but no one notices, which is a good thing because that is the main function of a Flame ("shock absorbers for reality"). Anyways, as the story progresses he meets a homicidal Flame Haze named Shana. Flame Hazes fight the monsters that eat existences. Hilarity, very good fight scenes, and drama ensue.

Tasura
06-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Fate/Stay Night - ep 22
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5394
^ theres your info, and its getting cose to the end =( but good =)

SoulTaker - ep 1
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=288
its a weird series, and not all that great so far, abit confuisng, and the colour hurts m eyes.

Utawarerumono - eps 1-7
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5746
Really good, weord series about civil unrest adn wars, with peopl with ears and tails.

Samuraid
06-05-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm watching Samurai X now. It's been a while since I have seen it.

Germ Hamee
06-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Jyu oh Sei Ep01
The latest from BONES, it was about twins that are thrown into prison after witnessing the death of their parents. Of course, prison is a giant planet of vicious plants, where the days and nights last months. The only way to survive is to cast aside your humanity and become a bunch of savage beasts.

It was alright, but hard to judge from just the first episode. It didn't hook me, as BONES anime typically does, but I'm sure it will get better as I move along.

Shoden
06-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm watching Samurai X now. It's been a while since I have seen it.
I just finished watching that. I call it Rurouni Kenshin though.

I watched alot of Naruto and Bleach too.

Roogle
06-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I can't remember what the last one that I watched was.

I think it might have been Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's the only series that I actually own. I like it a lot for the science fiction and fantasy elements.

chaos_ghost
06-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Dragonball Z: The Three Super Saiyans!(I believe that's the correct name) It's about Dr. Gero's last 3 androids(13, 14, and 15) who are activated to destroy Goku. Sets up for some great fight scenes between the androids and Goku and co.

LunarWeaver
06-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Noir. I only started watching it because Kajiura does the music, but lo and behold the series was good too!

edczxcvbnm
06-05-2006, 06:39 PM
.hack roots - 9
xxxholic - 6
tsubasa chronicles - 31
bleach - 82
Eureka 7 - 38

I will now be starting in on Ergo Proxy 1-9

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
End of Evagelion.

This concludes where the television series left off. Here we gain more background information as we see the implementation of the Human Complementation Project and find out what was the Second Impact. For those who found the T.V. series ending did not sit well with you, you will enjoy this epilogue. I do not know what else to say without giving away it.

((Sidenote: I love Kaworu/Kaoru, I wished he lasted longer))

The main reason why I watched it was because I started to rewatch the Eva series for it had been sometime since I last watched it.

DiZTewell
06-05-2006, 08:27 PM
the last ones i watched were Yugioh, Pokemon Chronicles, and Naruto

Dreddz
06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
I re-watched Akira today, amazing anime.

Rengori
06-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Naruto I think.

StarlightAngel
06-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Lovely, but sad anime. 12 year old Kouyama loves to sing, but has a tumor in her throat. She doesnt want it to be removed as she will never talk again and she loves singing. Takuto and Meroko, two angels of death, appear to Kouyama and inform her she has one year left to live! So they help her to try and become a pop idol! Its comical and lovely, yet you have to remember she is only going to survive for a year. Tragic, but amazing!

:love: :love: :love:

Yeah, I watched FMwS not too long ago. Finished the whole bloody series in about a week ._.; I LUFFS TEH ENDING D=

Recently recently though, I've watched:

.hack//roots 9
Haseo, a new player is trying out the World R2, a virtual reality MMORPG that is popular around the real world, after hearing it was a good game from a friend. However, he finds quickly that the place is swamped with PKers (player killers) that prey on "newbies" like him. After being saved by the mysterious Ovan, Haseo sets out to find out more about him. He ends up joining Ovan's guild, the Twilight Brigade, which searches for the famed and legendary "Key of the Twilight".

Tsubasa Chronicles 28-31
It's the second season of Tsubasa Chronicles, continuing the story of another dimension's Sakura and Syaoran (both originally from CardCaptor Sakura) who are out on a journey with the grouchy Kurogane, overly relaxed Fai, and cute little world jumping critter Mokona (originally from Magic Knight Rayearth) to the different worlds looking for Sakura's memories, which have taken the form of highly magical feathers. The episodes I watched feature their adventures in the filler worlds of Piffle and another (which I can't recall at the moment) wherein a temple floats in the sky.

Yyyyyup :)

Tasura
06-06-2006, 02:26 AM
.hack//Roots - ep 9

Bleach - eps 73-82 (shh I was behind)

Utawarerumono - eps 8-9

Edit: I think it was Jade world, where they were in the first season, and returnd this season.

Edit 2:

Black Cat - eps 21-23
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5245

Akagi - eps 6-8
Its about Mahjong, thats it.

Ultima Shadow
06-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Fate/Stay Night episode 23. Soon, I'll be watching the last episode. Man, I'll miss this anime so much! :crying:

A sequel must be made!

School Rumble episode 8. Freaking hilarious anime. :greenie:

DeathKnight
06-18-2006, 03:41 AM
the last ones i watched were Yugioh, Pokemon Chronicles, and Naruto

jesteranimefreak
06-18-2006, 03:44 AM
Digimon Adventure Zero Two :D All though I'd like my friend to return my Pilot Candidate DVDs.... I need to re-watch those...

As to what I liked about this anime.... well it's a sequel for Digimon Adventure. And it's the only true sequel of the series. As for ins and outs.... Digimon was one of my gateway animes (the other was Sailor Moon). I remember the first time I watched Digimon.... it was at my grandparents house on New Years Day.... I think 2000? either that or 1999.... either way it was an episode of 01 and I was hooked instantly.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-18-2006, 03:47 AM
Bleach ...ugh im so behind :S and i have decided not to watch naruto until the fillers are finished...actually the last anime i watched was the second naruto movie...gaara was its only good thing about it and OMG sakura did stuff (not alot)...well its alot better than screaming "NARUTO" all the time!

Mythra
06-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Just watched InuYasha, episodes 64-66. The only other anime I can think of that I watched before those was the season finale (i think?) for Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG but I think that was a few weeks ago on Adult Swim.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Whisper of the Heart. It is a great film, and everyone should watch it. Thank you.

Freya
06-18-2006, 07:33 AM
The Twelve Kingdoms:
A girl gets taken to another world and becomes a queen of the world with her own Kirin. Kirin: The holy creature that is bound to and chooses the ruler of each kingdom. It resembles a white horned deer; black kirin are rare. A kirin also possesses a human form. Kirin abhor the scent of blood, and killing a person near a kirin will greatly weaken it. A kirin will only bow before his or her ruler. Kirin are named after the kingdom that they are bound to.
It's intriging i don't remmeber which one i'm on.
http://www.geocities.com/greenfilms/pics/12kingdoms_icon.jpg

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal:
Kenshin as a hitokiri, love and what not.
I have to watch this at least once a month.
http://www.animefu.com/images/samuraix2.jpg

Saiyuki:
Journey to the west fo sho! It's all revamped, and such, with cussing and guns and demons and such. Really cool.
http://www.animeish.com/images/wallscrolls/saiyuki-bz137.jpg
I can member any others atm

Armisael
06-18-2006, 10:17 AM
The last week i rewatched:

1--->http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/the_seventh_child/pl7.jpg

Neon Genesis Evangelion Pl:07! My fav anime and one of my favorites volumes!

2--->http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/the_seventh_child/d-r.jpg

Usually watch it after vol:07, i don't know why though! ^_^

3--->http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/the_seventh_child/talesmeij.jpg

I like Kenshin a lot, though sometimes i prefer the manga version which is the original of course. Anyway, i like this "chapter" with Shogo and the religion stuff!

dragoonknight_kain
06-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm watching Rurouni Kenshin and One Piece now.

One Piece is the best anime ever (imo)!!!!! It's about Luffy, who wants to become the King of Pirates, so he must obtain the treasure One Piece to achieve his goal. In the beginning he's looking for a crew (or nakama, as he calls it), but later on he goes to the Grand Line (where the One Piece is). It's the funniest anime I've seen till now, and I recommend it to everyone.

I don't know this anime is famous in the USA, but as no one wrote about it, I'm writing!:p

look_out_below
06-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Naruto episode 101
A filler episode where Naruto, Saskake and Sakura try to find out what the face of their sensie, Kakashi, really looks like since his face is always hidden behind a mask. Even though this episode was a filler i throughly enjoyed due to the fact i believe it is the funniest Naruto episode i have seen out of all 188 episodes i have watched so far.

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 04:20 AM
I rewatched Evangelion a while ago. It was just as bad/good as it was the first time. I don't really watch anime anymore, because all of it is the same. ALL of it. Yes, that one too.

Zeromus_X
06-19-2006, 04:24 AM
Paranoia Agent. Can't get enough of it. Dunno why shorter anime tend to be of more quality though...:cat:

MageLuingil
06-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Full Moon wo Sagashie: 1 - 6 (dont ask me why the title has a rude word in it!)
I loved that show! I just watched some of it over again a few weeks ago... btw, Sagashie is the Japanese word for 'search' or 'searching,' so the title means (roughly) "Searching for a Full Moon"

Let's see ... I just watched disc 6 of X earlier today. It's about ... the endo of the world. Basically a whole bunch of people fighting over control of weather the planet will be left in the hands of mankind, or be destroyed and reborn. Interesting show, I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: I misspelled the word in Full Moon's title on purpose, in case you were wondering

Materia Hunter Yuffie
06-20-2006, 04:12 AM
I have been watching a lot of anime lately...
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie - Its really cute, but it has it's moments for guys
Gravitation - Saw the end recently, don't want to spoil anything
Loveless - same as with Gravitation
Ai Yori Aoshi - Funny, reminds me kind of, of Tenchi
Sukisho - there are only guys in this anime
Phantom the Animation - really awesome
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - Awesome Miyazaki film

kidney / theif
06-20-2006, 04:49 PM
InuYasha Movie #4
And Cowboy Bebop - 'Sympathy for the Devil' *I LOVE* that episode.
And Sailor Moon.
And Trigun :love:

Yepyep all the classics I guess.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Just watched the most recently fansubbed Tsubasa Chronicle. I'm utterly astonished because they're actually returning to the manga arc in the next episode. This last episode seemed to be devoted to emo Fai and Chi cuteness.

Slade
06-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Last anime I watched was 'Gun Smith Cats'. It wasn't that great.....wasn't bad though.

Tasura
06-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Kasimasi - all
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5835

Hunter x Hunter - all (incuding the 3 OVAs)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1134
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1135
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2282
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3177

Matantei Loki Ragnarok - 1-18
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=75

Umm, Ive watched alot, so Ill just add

Etc. - n-n

lord shishio
06-22-2006, 01:04 AM
--Blood the Last Vampire--
<br>Great animation quality, cool effects...but it was way too short (as in, 48 minutes)<br>
--Full Metal Alchemist--
<br>Really good story, nice and long. Only problem is the ending leaves you wanting more<br>
--Abenobashi-Magical Shopping Arcade--
<br>Funny, but really wierd. I personally liked the mange version better. Plus, the ending made no sense

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 01:08 AM
--Blood the Last Vampire--

Great animation quality, cool effects...but it was way too short (as in, 48 minutes)
Yes it is. But an anime called Blood+ has been made. Saya is a young schoolgirl living with her family and she has no idea she is a slayer. The manga is quite good.
Blood+ manga 1-3 (http://a.sigh.org/downloads/)

lord shishio
06-22-2006, 03:44 PM
**Thanks for the link**

TifaLockhart7
06-24-2006, 08:49 AM
The Vision of Escaflowne 1st disc of the series! ^^ Episodes 1-8, I think..? o.o

Pauten
06-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Amazing story and believable characters. Anno is a genious.

The Vision of Escaflowne 1st disc of the series! ^^ Episodes 1-8, I think..? o.o
Vision of Escaflowne rocks! :D

Tasura
06-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Ummm Ninja Scroll - all and movie.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1013

feona17
06-26-2006, 06:11 AM
I watched an episode of Inuyasha last night. I like Inuyasha, it has... an interesting storyline and the animation is really awesome some of the time. As well the characters seem to develop more and more all the time, but mostly the main characters Kagome and Inuyasha himself. But one thing I don't like is that this series is really really long and someone told me that it's not even done in Japan yet, but... I think that was to freak me out. x_x

Reine
06-26-2006, 06:45 AM
I also watched Inuyasha, got the Complete First Season, boxed set, last Thursday

Thought I would see what Zannith and so many otheres having been raving about.

I quite enjoyed it, especially Sesshomaru..one of the cooler villains imo..I just love the way he talks, especially when he says "die" He also looks pretty cool. Naraku seems wierd atm, but he seems to be the true villain of the series. Naraku's theme, haha..

Before I watched Inuyasha, the last thing I watched was volume three of Tenjho Tenge...one hell of an awesome anime (imo)

LunaticPandora37
06-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Wolf's Rain...it is awesome

sir helix
06-26-2006, 07:56 AM
the last anime i watched was paranoia agent im so obbsest i dressed up like lil slugger and terrized my town

JKTrix
06-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Eureka Seven: Episodes 39 & 40 (out of 50 episodes)
This is my absolute favourite show that's on my 'currently watching' list, I've been downloading it for over a year, but apparently it's on Adult Swim now.
The main character is a young boy (aren't they all?) named Renton Thurston who is living alone with his grandfather, a renowned mechanic in their hometown. He's into this sport called 'Reffing' ('Lifting' in the dub) which is essentially surfing on hoverboards, using the energy called 'Trapar' in the air. He idolizes this man named Holland, the most popular and very skilled Reffer and leader of the anti-government group, 'Gekko State'. Oh, and Renton's father saved the world.
One day, he's arguing with his grandfather who wishes he would give up Reffing and focus on being a mechanic, when a huge pink and white mech crashes into their house. Renton identifies it as the 'Nirvash' typeZERO, the prototype LFO (name of this type of mech) for all LFOs that came after it. It's also the mech that belongs to his idol, Holland. It's pilot, however, is a strange young girl with blue hair and very pale skin. Renton is immediately infatuated with her.
It was no accident that the Nirvash arrived at their location. Renton's grandfather was actually the Head Technician on the Nirvash, the first LFO. He also created the large Ref boards that the majority of mechs use to transport themselves through the air. The pilot Eureka is uncannily skilled in the operation of the Nirvash, and can even communicate with it. Renton is quickly swept up in the actions of Gekko State, home of his idol Holland and this girl Eureka that he has sworn to protect. However, Renton has a much deeper link to Eureka, Holland, the Nirvash and the fate of the world than he realizes. And it's all because of his father, the hero who died saving the world. Of course Renton doesn't see it that way. He resents his father for abandoning him, and causing his older sister to disappear as well.
Every member of Gekko State has a history that comes to the forefront at one point or another. For example, one character named Moondoggie you see doing menial jobs around the Gekko Go (Holland's ship, also stolen from the military). At one point, the Gekko Go is being pursued (they are an anti-government group after all) and their only pilot is incapacitated. This causes Moondoggie to bring up the fact (after over 30 episodes) that he is a licensed pilot--a point overlooked by Holland on his resume.
When I first started watching the show, the art style didn't appeal to me. I quickly got used to it, and even enjoyed it after I saw how well everything was animated. The mechs are all well drawn, and the battles are intense and amazing.
Like RahXephon (also made by BONES), the mechs are an important part of the story, but the real meat is the people and the relationships between them. That's something that BONES seems to do exceptionally well. Eureka 7's story is deep and twisting, and especially now that I'm in the last 10 episodes the tension seems to be rising exponentially. Holland, who seems like an aloof 'surfer dude', has everything carefully calculated. Every major plot twist changes the perspective of all the events that passed and that will come in the future, but Holland knew it all from the beginning. It's hard to talk about this show without revealing some spoilers. There are a few in this post, but not bad enough to destroy the show for you. Hands down, this is my favourite show right now. When it's all done, it might even dethrone RahXephon and Twelve Kingdoms from my #1 spot.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (http://anime.fansub.tv/series.php/786/The%20Melancholy%20of%20Haruhi%20Suzumiya/#12): Episode 12 (link goes to site where you can direct-download it, or bit torrent)
Holy crap, this show is awesome. It's totally random and extremely hilarious. The art is practically OVA quality throughout the show. This show is genuinely funny, and it doesn't resort to sweatdrops or characters falling over to punctuate its gags.
One of the quirks of this show is that the episodes are not arranged in chronological order. It's not like other shows that have the last episode (or near the end) first, and then run the rest of the shows in order. This show actually has *all* of its episodes mixed up. There's a reason for this that can be derived from the episodes if you pay attention close enough.
The title character, Haruhi Suzumiya, is an eccentric girl who isn't interested in normal things of this world. In fact, she isn't interested in anyone who isn't an alien, time traveler, esper, super human, or other things like that. Haruhi doesn't pull any punches when it comes to getting what she wants (in fact, she can actually alter reality to get what she wants...but that's a different point). These images below are an example of her blackmailing the Computer Club's president out of his newest and best computer.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3448/grab3ed.gifhttp://img107.imageshack.us/img107/488/kick9fg.gif

The show is presented in wide-screen format, which is a plus for me. This show definitely isn't your average 'kids in school' anime. The comedy is off the scale, the surprises are often, and the underlying story is interesting. There is incredible attention to detail in this show, which actually uses real locations in Japan that are drawn with great accuracy. If you watch closely, you can often see things in the background that are happening that will affect something later on in the episode.
I think this show runs at 120 frames-per-second, which translates into incredibly smooth animations. Especially in this most recent episode that randomly has two characters playing guitar (though you see them earlier in the episode in the background carrying guitar cases). The animations are crisp, blazing fast, smooth and possibly accurate. I don't know too much about playing guitars, but their fingers were moving along different strings in time with the music that looked like what a live person would do. And the songs in this episode are awesome, there are MP3s of them floating around on the 'net.
The characters are all very likeable, and the story that weaves between them is intriguing. I highly reccommend downloading this show. Now. I even gave you the link.

I'm watching a few other shows as well, including Ouran High School Host Club and Bleach, but these were my most recent watches (as per the topic).

KaakoriX
06-27-2006, 02:19 AM
BLEACH!!!! W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ICHIGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marshall Banana
06-27-2006, 02:51 AM
But one thing I don't like is that this series is really really long and someone told me that it's not even done in Japan yet, but... I think that was to freak me out. x_x
The anime ended nearly two years ago in Japan, with episode 167. Only the manga is still going. It makes me sad that the show ended before the manga could finish, though! I would love to see some scenes from the latest chapters animated.

But the only thing I don't like about Inuyasha is its dubbing.

Tasura
06-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Subs all the way <3

And i havent decided on waht im going to watch next yet, so ill eidt it in later :P

06-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Ai no Kusabi (The Wedge of Love).

Warning, this is a two part yaoi OVA. Actually it is not that graphic, but it is set in a futuristic world where the planet is ruled by an oligarchy consisted of blondes. Anyways in this world it is common to have "pets", which are more or less personal sex slaves. Anyways the top Blondie of *forgets planet's name*, Iasion falls in love with his 'pet' Riki. It involves the risks Iasion takes with Riki, Riki's gang: the Bisons and Riki's lover: Guy. Quite the moving story. A really good plot that makes you want to cry at the end. Well rounded, it feels like a movie when you watch it.

Mitch
06-27-2006, 04:50 AM
I don't know the name of it but my flatmate was watching it

its about making bread and its 70 episodes long

soooooo freakin hardcore

black orb
06-27-2006, 06:36 AM
>>> Prince of Tennis - National Championship episode 1 again.. I cant wait for the other eps, the guys who sub this stuff sure are taking their time..

Tasura
06-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Not as long as HanTsuki and Lamune took, almost 2 months between eps.

Avarice-ness
06-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Fate/Stay Night and FMA

drunkymonkey
06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Pokemon. Seriously.

I need to watch more anime.

Tasura
06-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Fate/Stay Night and FMA

<3 Fate/Stay Night was awesome

Avarice-ness
06-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Fate/Stay Night and FMA

<3 Fate/Stay Night was awesome
Yes it was. <3! I think I'm going to get some Bleach next, so ahead of time. The last thing I'll be watching is Bleach. =]

Pure Aerisbeauty7
06-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I watched a new episode of Naruto on Saturday on toonami.:kaocheer:

Tasura
06-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Im watching Angelic Layer now, ill probabyl finish the series by tomorrow.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-27-2006, 09:54 PM
The last Anime I've watched is Blue Seed on DVD that Anime series is great I love the preverted humor.LOL!:)

Ichigo321
06-27-2006, 11:03 PM
i watch Naruto><>< i don't really like the storyline as it become very bad after it seperate to another story from the manga.......i also like Bleach and One Piece>< i like Ichigo (as my name) and Luffy!!!

41-Inches-Wide
06-28-2006, 02:34 AM
I don't know the name of it but my flatmate was watching it
its about making bread and its 70 episodes long

Yakitate Japan. :DD

The last anime I watched was Tsubasa Chronicles. Bored me to sleep.

JKTrix
06-28-2006, 06:43 PM
... Tsubasa Chronicles. Bored me to sleep.

Seconded. I have zero interest in 2nd season, or XXXHolic for that matter.

Wasn't Yakitake a show about planes? I was kinda interested in seeing that.

Roto13
06-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I watched "Ebichu" yesterday. South Park is for kids.

anacacia
06-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Princess Tutu

Her magic is unexplainable and spinning out of control. Darkness hid the pieces of her beloved’s shattered heart and time’s running out for Princess Tutu to find them. Using the power of an enchanted amulet, she must uncover the mystery and keep herself and the Prince alive.

:D

06-29-2006, 12:25 AM
I started to rewatch Loveless

For those of you playing at home, it is an anime about a sixth grader named Ritsuka Aoyagi who has just transfered school after the murder of his older brother Seimei. Ritsuka is distant from most people, his brother was the only one who understood him. Not only does he have to deal with his brother's death, but abuse from his mother (I do not think the father is mentioned at all). In the first episode, Ritsuka encounters Soubi, a 'friend' of his late brother. Turns out Soubi was Seimei's Fighter. In the world of Loveless, Spell Battles occur. Two pairs fight against each other. The pair shares a name (Seimei's and Soubi's was Beloved), and one partner receives the damage (The Sacrifice) while he orders the other to fight (The Fighter). It would seem Seimei order Soubi to become his brother's Fighter when he died. Ritsuka's true name is Loveless yet his partner does not appear in the anime (I do not know about the manga). Anyways, with the help of Soubi, Ritsuka is looking for the Seven Moons, the organization responsible for his brother's death. It is to note that in the world of Loveless, everyone is born with cat ears and tails. Once you preform an intimate act (not-necessisarily sex), you lose both of them. Also there is usually a deep, profound love between Sacrifices and Fighters.

Tasura
06-29-2006, 10:19 PM
So i ifnished Angelic Layer, now im going to watch the newest Konjiki no Gash Bell eps, then the rest of Ayakashi, ya know, this will probably be a what im about to watch thing from now on =P

41-Inches-Wide
06-30-2006, 03:49 AM
Basilisk. OMG.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-30-2006, 04:55 AM
Been watching Eyeshield 21 for some time now, in spite of myself. It's an interesting, primarily humor-driven anime about a Japanese high school American Football team. My friend got me on it when she had me download it for her because the main character is voiced by the same guy who does Sora from Kingdom Hearts, and the angsty blonde pretty boy from another team is voiced by the guy who does Riku.

It's surprisingly good.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
My favorites would have to be Paranoia Agent and Fullmetal Alchemist
I'm so sad that Paranoia Agent was only 13 episodes long. I have yet to see a FMA movie. I watch a lot of Adult Swim so I happened to catch these from the beginning and got hooked.

Darkmage
07-01-2006, 01:57 AM
I download Naruto daily to watch from www.narutochaos.com
And Full Metal Alchemist.

Other than that, I only read mangas. Mostly because I don't know any sites where I can download anime.

edczxcvbnm
07-01-2006, 02:04 AM
I had a bit of catching up to do. Just watch in the past 2 days

Tsubasa Chronicles: 2nd Season 6-9
.hack//G.U. 11 & 12
Eureka Seven 39 and 40

Today day I tackle xxxHolic 7 and 8

Materia Hunter Yuffie
07-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Tactics
Peace Maker
Fushigi Yugi
Chrono Crusade

daggertrepe
07-13-2006, 02:52 AM
Tenchi, tenchi, tenchi!

I literally sat in my sis's room for 74 hrs straight watching Tenchi Muyo, Universe, and Tokyo. I have to say, though, Universe was my favorite. :)

Tenchi series-GO WATCH IT!

Ryth
07-13-2006, 03:33 AM
Last anime I watched was Paranoia Agent. I lurve that anime lots.

Jebus
07-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Azumanga Daioh. <3

Kuzotz
07-13-2006, 04:46 AM
GunGrave

This series literally made me cry man it was pure genious to me.

Mushishi is the next one I'm trying to finish it.

Hambone
07-13-2006, 05:40 AM
Sailor Moon episode 23 (subbed in english)

I can't remember what the episode was about because I watched it like 12 days ago, but Sailor Moon itself is about a girl named Usagi (Serena) who lives in Tokyo. She's pretty normal girl. (except for the fact that her hair is like 6 feet long) One day, she's walking to school and notices a cat with a crescent moon bald spot. She walks off to school continuing her day. Later that day when she returned home school, the cat was in there in her room. She gives Usagi a transforming brooch and from then on, Serena is given the alias, "Sailor Moon" And then she fights a whole bunch of bad guys meeting other sailor scouts along the way. (I don't know too much. I've only watched
up to episode 24) I like Sailor Moon because it's funny and I like the storyline. I'm sorry if this post isn't up to your standards, ~SapphireStar~ . But it's all I feel like typing. I'm tired.

Tasura
07-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Ive watched a hell of a lot since my last post in here, so Ill just say

Groove Adventure Rave
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

The last two i plan on starting after I finish Rave, which only has 5 eps left.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2006, 05:18 AM
So now here is what I am in the middle of watching.

Eureka Seven - 41
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: The 2nd Gig - 5 and counting
Noein - 7 and counting(awesome show)
.hack//roots - 16
Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season - 11
xxxHolic - 9

I have yet to start Ergo Proxy(kind of) but it is on the hit list. I started to watch it but then a few months have passed and I have to start over, hence the "kind of". That does it for this update.

LunarWeaver
07-26-2006, 05:39 AM
I watched more Elfen Lied back to back then should be allowed by law.

Roto13
07-26-2006, 05:40 AM
I've been watching Monster and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Moon Rabbits
07-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Sailor Moon ep 59-

Sailor Moon is already explained in this thread. I just finished the Makaiju arc and am starting the Black Moon arc. :}

Serial Experiments Lain 1-

I don't even know what it's about :S But it's trippy and the themesong is excellent.

Kefka_Almighty
07-26-2006, 06:56 AM
The last entire series I've watched was GANTZ. Last actually episode was, I believe, Paranoia Agent.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
&
Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GiG

the 2 seasons of the series that are parallel to the movie "Ghost in the Shell"

it is about a Special Government Group in Japan that are the most Elite People in Law enforcment. It Takes place in Japan, in the Future. Many people have Cybernetic implants. they take down Terrorists, Murderers, and even Hackers.

I really like both seasons of this series because the Cases that the group must solve are very interesting and some are very philosophical causing the characters and the audeince to question what they know about reality and human nature. Also the Futuristic technology is very cool, and the Main character kicks ass. :D

The Unknown Guru
07-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Most recently, I watched something called Big O. The main character is Roger Smith, a "negotiator" in a city where everyone seems to have amnesia somehow. A lot of his "negotiating" involves guns, fighting, and a giant robot called the Megadeus. I've seen some of it before, and it has original art and a good plot. Overall, I think it is pretty good.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-26-2006, 05:46 PM
I recently watched Sailor Moon.:) :kaocheer:

LunarWeaver
07-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Loveless. And I'm a horrible person for watching it. But I don't mind being a horrible person.

Alive-Cat
07-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I sat in a darkened room and watched the masterpiece that is Akira.

Auragaea
07-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Record of Lodoss War

AnnabelleRoxayne
07-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Noein Episode 19 - Memories

black_cloud
07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
wow i havent watched a complete series ina while preferably my last anime i was watching was robotech,and im omost done,i think im on eopisode 65 of 85?
and im loving the old anime like tenchi,robotech,ranma,and lot others,but all the full anime series like
ninja scroll
silent mobius
trigun
hellsing
cowboy bebop (the best)
FAKE
wild arms
and alot more.
i plan on wathcing the rest of robotech and naruto,bleach,.

Mercen-X
07-27-2006, 12:50 AM
GetBackers, SuperGALS, Ayane's High Kick, Ghost Stories, Princess Tutu, Darkside Blues, Desert Punk . . .

My favorite has to be "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World" . . . although, I've only seen two episodes and there was only a little bit of fighting in the first episode.

As for Samurai Champloo, I watched episodes 24, 25, and 26 . . . or 25, 26, 27 . . . either way, I didn't like the way the end said "to be continued . . ." and then none of the other episodes actually continued the damn thing. They didn't even contribute a fragment of information that was relevant to the previous episode. WTF!

Tasura
07-27-2006, 04:50 AM
So Finished Groove Adventure Rave, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/A's and started on School Rumble.

Thorn
07-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Twould have to be Howels moving castle which I saw at the movies. Then porco Rosso which I have on dvd.

Nominus Experse
07-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Blue Gender was the last I watched, though I am now thinking of watching Cowboy Bebop again, for around the 1000th time.