PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody help me with the Battle Arena

DoaJ
06-03-2006, 07:00 PM
So, thats pretty much it. But, more specifically, I need hlep with this ghost ship that has a skeleton controling it. It keeps using this attack that flings me out of the arena, and I have no chance against it. Is there anyway to stop it? Because I've fun into it three times, and it did it to me all three times. I wouldnt have as much a problem with it, but its the final enemy in the 8 enemies that I ahve to fight. So, I go through all that effort of getting to the last stage, and it flings me away. I'm sure somebody knows what I'm talking about. Please give me some way to prevent it, or stop it, or something...

Twilight Edge
06-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Ultima Weapon+full HP+double cut=instant kill.

Or...

just pwn him before he pwns you.Even I don't stand a chance if can't kill him in one or two hits.

DoaJ
06-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Hmmm...well, I havent gotten rid of the meteor yet, but I'll try that once Im far enough, lol. Is there an accessory or anything that can stop that?

TheSpoonyBard
06-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I guess you mean Ghost Ship and the Goannai move. There's no way to avoid it, but you can kill the Ghost Ship with Life(2) or a Phoenix Down since it's undead.

DoaJ
06-03-2006, 07:18 PM
ET, thats so friggin genious!!! Thank YOU!!! Now all I need is folr my items to be there when I get to him, lol. Thanks so much.

Fantasy Fan
06-03-2006, 07:46 PM
yeah, I like that too :D

blue phoenix
06-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I dont know as i havent tried it but will the Phoenix down be misaccurate? ie in the Gi Nattak battle it can take quite a while to hit. If it misses use 2 X-Potions instead, they dont miss.

And why do u keep getting him as the final? it should be different every time (you know what i mean, there are something like 6 other possibles for a final battle)

TheSpoonyBard
06-03-2006, 08:12 PM
2 X Potions? It's only got 6,600 HP, so wouldn't one be enough? I like to cast Regen, makes him suffer more.

There are three other possible battles: Ho-Chu, Sea Worm and Serpent. Ghost Ships is by far the most difficult purely because it can knock you out of battle.

blue phoenix
06-03-2006, 08:21 PM
6600? *Goes off to consult bestiary* damn! sorry, the other guy said double cut and ultima weapon so i figured it was between 10-15,000. My fault. Yes use one. Are u sure they are the only other 3? i cant remember off by heart but i thought there was at least one more.

TheSpoonyBard
06-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Sorry, my mistake. I forgot that in the Battle Square all enemies have +200% HP, so it'd be 13,200 HP.

blue phoenix
06-03-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah that makes more sense. But i didnt know that. (call myself an FF7 expert? tsh). is that for all enemies?

TheSpoonyBard
06-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Yep, it applies to all enemies, even Proud Clod in the Special Battle (120,000 HP!!). The Atk and Mag stats are 125% of their normal value as well.

blue phoenix
06-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Proud Clods always like that. What HP is he meant to have?

hang on soz hes meant to have about 100,000HP or something

TheSpoonyBard
06-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Nope, he's got 60,000 usually.

blue phoenix
06-03-2006, 08:43 PM
no way! if ive gpot this wrong, i seriously need a slap. hes got more than 60,000. he must do. i remember reading 100-120 when u fight him in Midgar

DoaJ
06-03-2006, 09:16 PM
I thought Ochu was one of the finals too? No? Cuz Malboro is before Ochu, correct? But Malboro is the one right before the finish...Maybe Im trippin'

blue phoenix
06-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Ho-Chu looks like Ochu

TheSpoonyBard
06-03-2006, 09:23 PM
There is no Ochu in FFVII, only Ho-Chu. It was intended to appear in the Ancient Forest, but was omitted from the game. Now it only appears in the Battle Square.

DoaJ
06-03-2006, 09:24 PM
whoops, my bad. I was wondering why it was supposedly better than Malboro. lol.

Mirage
06-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't think malboros show up in the battle square. The only place I've ever seen them is at Gaeas Cliff.

Carl the Llama
06-03-2006, 09:59 PM
i dont know what you lot are talking about with the battle, if you want an easy win all you need is KotR+HP Absorb and Mime+Counter (preferably mastered) thern go in KotR... you get the picture with the mime and counter if a mob gets an attack in before you he wil automatically kill all his buddies

TheSpoonyBard
06-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Malboros appear on Gaea's Cliff, in the Battle Square and in the Northern Cave.

DoaJ
06-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the help everybody, Ive beaten it four times now. And with Malboros, I usually just use Odin. Makes it much easier, lol. Those Serpents are Hilarious. If I have more than 3000 max health when I get to one, then he ends up running out of skill points, hahahhaa.

YuffiezBf
06-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Yo do you have a ribbon makes u immune to all status attacks.
Im sucha dummy fer passing it up in the temple of ancients.
I member thinkin i jus wanna get outta here da hell wif a ribbon...
Not knoing its wun the best accessories in the game.
Poor me.:cry:

blue phoenix
06-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Nope, he's got 60,000 usually.

*slap* turns out you were right. sigh. gotta get back to playing. Although hes probably immune to sense

Carl the Llama
06-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Yo do you have a ribbon makes u immune to all status attacks.
Im sucha dummy fer passing it up in the temple of ancients.
I member thinkin i jus wanna get outta here da hell wif a ribbon...
Not knoing its wun the best accessories in the game.
Poor me.:cry:
if you really want an unlimited suply of ribbons then go to the north creater and get into fights with master tonberrys and when his health is low morph him and he will turn into a ribbon.

Rengori
06-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Whoa, I think I'm tripping. I haven't seen Kaiser Dragon in months.

Carl the Llama
06-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Whoa, I think I'm tripping. I haven't seen Kaiser Dragon in months.
look into my eye's *you have not seen me, you have not seen me* lol iv been around, just check my profile and you can see all the posts iv made lol

DoaJ
06-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Alright, I have one other problem. Ho-Chu. Is there any strategies you could give me for him as well. This is my frst run through the game, and I havent gotten past the meteor headin towards the planet. Its coming at me as we speak, lol. So, yeah...HoChu

TheSpoonyBard
06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
If you're protected against Paralysis and Sleep you should have no problems. Hades=Added Effect or Ribbon will be sufficient.

DoaJ
06-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Hmmm...I have Ribbon, but Im not far enough to get Hades yet. Usually by the time I get there, ive gotten around 1500-3500 max health, so its regular attacks finish me. I triede to berserk it for that reason, but it didnt work too well

EDIT: How much health does it have?

blue phoenix
06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
if you dont already know it, theres a tip for the handicap wheel. when its spinning press the square button repeatedly as the two screens clash, youll notice the wheel slows down quite a bit. it can be done to avoid nasty penalties. wear a ribbon, id also wait till disc 3 (if youre not already on it)

DoaJ
06-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Nope, not there yet. Hmmmm...I'll try the square thing. Thanks

TheSpoonyBard
06-04-2006, 09:27 PM
It'll have 8,600 HP. Berserking it isn't advised as it increases its attack power and means it will always use Whip Sting. Big Pollen deals less damage.

blue phoenix
06-04-2006, 09:32 PM
the battle arena is pretty hard as you are probably relying a great deal on your materia and sheer luck about missing status penalties (you should have a ribbon already though) in Disc 3 when u get Double cut this reduces your materia demand significantly (the only real materia i would use would be KOTR, Enemy Skill, Double Cut and Cure (for Regen). Big Guard and Regen should be cast, and with a ribbon (+ haste that big guard gives) it should be easier, and the fact that command materia is rarely broken and requires 0 MP helps

DoaJ
06-04-2006, 09:38 PM
I got the ribbon, I actually go for the status effects, but it just really sucks whenever I get Half HP or Half MP...or both. Those ones or broekn all materia are the only ones that I dont like. And When I last fought Hochu, I had gotten all three of them and had 1800 health...that sucked. Well, thanks a bunch to everybody for helpin' me out, I needed it, lol.

TheSpoonyBard
06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
The more severe your handicaps, the more BP you are awarded. If I remember correctly, Break All Materia yeilds the greatest amount.

DoaJ
06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Hmmm...do you know the actual amounts they give you? Or should I work on figuring those out and sending them to somebody that knows where they couold go?

blue phoenix
06-04-2006, 09:51 PM
yes indeed, they do endless twilight, but if hes depending on his materia to see him through its not a price worth paying. There is a guide somewhere on gamefaqs.com go to "in depth faqs" on the ff7 part.

Dell
06-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey, DoaJ, did you buy HP Plus and MP Plus? If you can master for about three of them, I'm pretty sure that you can have 9999 HP and 999 MP.

For the battle, I usually use Omnislash/Meteorain to attack them and keep miming it. Make sure to Morph Ghost Ship into GuideBook which can net you an Underwater Materia. With Underwater Materia, you can fight Emerald Weapon without time limit (I usually beat him before the times end).

blue phoenix
06-05-2006, 03:19 PM
^You cant mime limits, so thats obviously not true vivi-ultima.

DoaJ
06-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Thank you, Blue Phoenix, I went to game faqs and found one. Itr was very helpful, and Im going back once I reavch the third disc. I also prepared by getting a gold chocobo and getting all of the materia caves.

Twilight Edge
06-05-2006, 03:41 PM
^You cant mime limits, so thats obviously not true vivi-ultima.

You CAN mime limits,but only your own.I did that loads of times when fighting Emmy Weapon and the special battle.

blue phoenix
06-05-2006, 03:45 PM
i seen a japanese video of that. i figured it was only japanese version, and i tried it and it didnt work. hmmmm

does it require a complex materia setup? the japanese version seemed to be full of materia (it all looked command though)

again sorry vivi-ultima, im fast gaining a reputation for cocky stupidity.

EDIT- oh and glad to help DoaJ

Dell
06-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Don't worry, blue phoenix.

Anyway, DoaJ, you can reach Hades. All you need is Exit Materia and a little luck. You can use Escape when you equip Exit Materia, so whenever you enter a battle, quickly use Escape, the battle end but you don't receive anything. C'mon, you only need Hades =). Reno and Rude is the problem here. If you have extremely low level/stat, they can conquer you before you attack, but you can kill them with magics and summons especially Bahamut ZERO and Typoon. I hope my tips help and I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

By the way, you can buy Exit Materia in Rocket Town. If you go to Gelnika in disc 3, you will not fight Rude and Reno, so that sucks.

LASTLY!!!! DO NOT TOUCH A GREEN MACHINE THAT IS MOVING UNDERWATER, IF YOU DO IT, YOU'RE A TOAST MEAT!!!

blue phoenix
06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Toast meat? lol thats hilarious. but seriously dont. youll find out "curiosity killed the cat" is a good motto for FFs especially this one, ie look at my sig for more warnings on dont be curious.

what makes it worse is he sometimes guards the friggin Gelnika.

EDIT- oh and thanks vivi-ultima for not rightly crucifying me like you shoulda (you too Omnislasher draco)

TheSpoonyBard
06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
does it require a complex materia setup? the japanese version seemed to be full of materia (it all looked command though)
The materia in that video is simply Mime=Counter x8, although in the battle a HP Plus, MP Plus and two other materia are replacing two set as Barret's HP and MP are maxed and he only counters six times.

A character can Mime their own Limit Break as long as nothing happened between them performing their LB and them selecting Mime.

blue phoenix
06-05-2006, 07:41 PM
i thought limit break where the only thing you couldnt mime, although i probably misread it (it probably said you cant mime other peoples limits). Does skipping a go (ie switching between characters count as an action?)

TheSpoonyBard
06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Pressing Triangle to switch between characters with full ATB gauges won't count as an action, but doing anything else will.