PDA

View Full Version : End boss- random?

tan
06-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Doesn't anyone else think FFIX's boss was random? He just came out of nowhere and said "I've been watching you and want to fight you!" Wow what a plot twist that was.

Moon Rabbits
06-04-2006, 06:46 AM
Necron was more symbolic than plot-driven.

jjturtle12
06-04-2006, 06:51 AM
It kinda startled me bc i had no idea and barely made it though trance kuja. as it turns out though Necron was pretty easy, and made Zidane seem more like a good guy.

Twilight Edge
06-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Just when you thought you've already finished off the main villian,and suddenly another one that has almost no connection of the main plotline pops up,now that's TOTALLY RANDOM.If it was Garland I wouldn't be that surprised.

Moon Rabbits
06-04-2006, 07:05 AM
[After beating Kuja,] suddenly another [boss shows up] that has almost no connection of the main plotline pops up

Hence Necron being more symbolic to something in the FFIX world, exactly what maybe up to interpretation. Her goal is to return everything to a "zero-world" where there is no Crystal to renew the life that has been destroyed by Necron herself. Necron, perhaps, is symbolic to FFIX beings' wish for a world with no fear, pain, etc. for her goal is to return everything to nothing. If we do not exist, neither do negative emotions, and if we do not exist, we cannot feel them even if they remained. Therefore I feel Necron represents the extreme end of the strive for a painless world. She also could be tied into the idea of "maybe we don't exist" rather easily.

Christmas
06-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Try reading the plot analysis done by Squall of SeeD in Gamefaq.com.

Moon Rabbits
06-04-2006, 07:42 AM
He says that Necron is the main function of the Iifa Tree, doesn't he?

I don't really agree with many of his plot analysis (gaaaah, AC!)

Zeromus_X
06-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Deus ex Machina final boss. Homage to Zeromus/Neo X-Death/CoD, and so on.

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2006, 08:12 AM
compared to zeromus and neo X-death i wouldnt call that random. necron has a purpose and explanatoin. this question has been asked too many times.

Elpizo
06-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Even if he's random, does it matter? He's a good Final Boss with one of the best Final Boss tunes of all FF's. ANd believe me, I heard almost every Final Boss tune :D

But, like others said, he's not all that random, there's a reason behind his appearance.

I mean, compare him to NeoExDeath, that dude also just shows up saying "I'll destroy everything including myself!". It's the same.
But I never thought NeoExDeath as bad, he was at least challenging, compared to ExDeath. :mad:

So, yeah...

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Necron's presence is explanable, but I've tried putting my theory into words and it didn't even make sense to me. You just have to figure it out for yourself.

Fantasy Fan
06-04-2006, 11:04 AM
when I first saw Necron I thought I was gonna be finished, it actually took me atleast a hundred fucking times to do so. :D

Captain Maxx Power
06-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Random bosses are the in-thing with FF's. Haven't you noticed? We've had time-travelling knights, undead emperors, irate patches of cloud, mutated moon-men and crazed nothingness beasts. Heck, we didn't get a sensical end boss until FF6.

Fantasy Fan
06-04-2006, 11:38 AM
but there was that tree man in 5

Elpizo
06-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Random bosses are the in-thing with FF's. Haven't you noticed? We've had time-travelling knights, undead emperors, irate patches of cloud, mutated moon-men and crazed nothingness beasts. Heck, we didn't get a sensical end boss until FF6.
But at least the unexpected Final Bosses were at least a challenge. :p
Think about it, Kefka, Seph and Ultimecia weren't that hard at all. ;)

Dell
06-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I think Necron is explainable. Squall of SeeD FAQ can help you. At least, the battle theme is good.

Twilight Edge
06-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Eternal Darkness is probably one of the bestest piano music ever composed.

Dell
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Eternal Darkness is probably one of the bestest piano music ever composed.

Bestest?

Anyway, isn't Necron battle theme is called 'The Final Battle' ? Eitherway, Trance Kuja's battle theme is better than this, probably the best ever.

Twilight Edge
06-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Bestest is somewhat my way to symbolise 'best of the best'.

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Pffrt. Pandemonium is the bestestestest tune ever....est.

kain_ex
06-05-2006, 01:32 AM
First time I defeated Kuja and Necron appeared I said: "Wtf is this thing?". After I defeated it, I was just too much confused. I thought she (he?) was a monster which used to live inside the Crystal, planning to escape from it and destroy all, and Kuja helped it. Pretty ludicous huh?

Well, now I guess there's nothing with that... but still I can't understand it's existence well :confused:

GrandLethal
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM
yeah, necron was really random. where were you sposed to be when you fight him anyway? theres like moans in the background and fire everywhere and then you float up after everyone gives you thier powers??
I thought they were like dying by doing that wierd blue floaty thing (NOOOO STORY IS RUINED). Maybe its sposed to be deep in the lifa tree or something. hmm

H-Kazami
06-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, either random...or because it was made around 1999, which a lot of games had "God" as last bosses and etc...and funny that ALL Gods wanted to destroy the world.

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2006, 04:24 PM
God's a right git.

daggertrepe
06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I thought both Necron and the crystal came out of nowhere! I was like

"Dude, WTF?"

But then again, if it was Garland, that wouldn't make sense, because he turned semi-good at the end, then again he didn't....

I think maybe Necron was Soulcage in a different form, then again, it could also be the soul of the Iifa Tree itself...

I like Kuja's Trance Theme, his regular theme, pandemonium, Beatrix's Theme...and gosh, just every piece of music is great!

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Necron's my beotch haha. The crystal's there as a throwback to the earlier FF's. Can't remember the reason it's in the game. I think it's just kinda like the heart of existence. Can't remember.

Elpizo
06-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, Necron... I said my points about him already, but maybe I might add some of my own theories?

Necron appeared right after Trance Kuja destroyed the Crystal, source of all life and existence. I've always imagined that Necron was sealed in teh crystal, it's exact counterpart.

Think about it, Necron is destruction, The Crystal is the bringer of Existence.

Inside teh crystal, Necron saw all of Trance Kuja's actions and made his own conclusion about it all: Kuja wanted a total destroyed world, so he would not be alone in death. Necron concluded: All life desires a world where there is no pain, or suffering, or all the other problems life brings.

Teh crystal was destroyed and Necron came free. His mind was set on his ultimate and only goal: give life what they desired. A world without all those problems caused by life. How? By destroying every existence, where there no longer could be a crystal to give life and suffering.

You can't call that random. He had a goal and that goal was caused by Kuja's actions. Some sort of chain reaction. NEcron can be seen as a better worked out version of NeoExDeath (which is logic, they even use the same smurfing attack, Grand Cross).
So, random? Don't think so.

Now, teh place where you fight him... That's a harder cookie.
Well, I see it like this, and I think it kinda makes sense.

Trance Kuja destroyed teh crystal with his all powerful Ultima. I think such an immensly powerful attack could easily destroy the ground our characters stood on.
Trance Kuja destroyed the crystal world and we saw him fall. It would be nothing more but logic if our characters fell with him. And where tehy landed was the Hill of Despair, with Necron's 'colloseum' up in the smoke of the fires (or clouds, whatever) around them.

It would make sense if the Hill of Despair was below the Crystal World. How else would Kuja have teleported Zidane and the otehrs to safety after the battle? So Kuja was somewhere on or below the Hill of Despair as well.

Conclusion: Necron fitted in the storyline completely and not random. His actions were caused by Kuja and so was his freedom. Can you call that random? Sure, it was unexpected that he came, but not random.

Also, you could have guessed Trance Kuja was not the end. He's too un-Final-Bossish for it. He's too small and not very impressive, ya know. He could not be the Final Boss. Making him transform again would kill the story and making his trance form more impressive would have spoiled the Final Boss form on the end of the 3 disc.

So, please stop complaining about Necron. This post may be completely wrong, but if you look it through my way, you can see some logic, I think. Trance Kuja had a great soundtrack, but it was also not very Final-Bossish, and his background was not very Final-Bossish as well. Necron had a great battle theme as well, less cool than 'The Dark Messenger', but still great and surely fitting the last battle. My only complaint was Necron's background. I found it not very Final-Bossish. I think a cross between Zeromus and NeoExDeath's background would have suited him better. :)

daggertrepe
06-13-2006, 08:14 PM
I liked Safer Sephiroth's backround in 7. :p

Elpizo
06-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I liked Safer Sephiroth's backround in 7. :p
Me too, that's the only thing I don't really like about our almighty God of erasing, his poor background. A blue one with some voidy aspects like NeoExDeath would have suited him much better.