PDA

View Full Version : Father

DeathKnight
06-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Inspired by Rye's "Oh Snap" thread.

Ok here we go:

-What are your feelings 'bout fathers?
-experiences? are you going to be a good father?
-are you going to have kids at all?
-and what do you want to teach your children as fathers?
-Is our society corrupted with men who don't care 'bout their kids?
-What is your father like? are they with you?

Discuss these and other topics related.

PS: If any of those it's too personal, it's ok.

Twisted Tinkerbell
06-04-2006, 04:13 PM
I never knew my dad, he left just before I was born, and due to the stories I've heard about him, that is not a bad thing. I was raised by my mum'd parents, and my Grandad was a great substitute father to me. I was really close to him, and I still really miss him (he died a few years ago).

Dell
06-04-2006, 04:14 PM
What a kid should feel about his father. Well, I'm a kid. Sometimes, my father really make me mad.

Depends on my future.

I'm not barren so I will, probably.

Good things! I also teach him/her how to kick AG.

Like hell, I know.

Well, yes when I need to, I'll go to him or else, I just stay in my room playing RPG, soemtimes my father comes to my room.

I'm way too young to answer this but I'm a genius, I will.

~SapphireStar~
06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
My parents spilt up shortly after I was born, but we kept in touch. Took me to Florida for the first time, played computer games with me, gave me a shoulder to cry on and helped me out money wise. Sadly Ive not spoken to him since he moved to Perth 2 years ago. And I recently found out he abused my mum ...

Little girls adore their fathers and why you discover something like that, it can change your view on them. I'd want the father of my children to be the best he can be, just to basically be there for them when they need him.

Rusty
06-04-2006, 04:38 PM

Fathers don't get a fair go in the courts.

What sort of experiences? No, but hopefully I'll make a good mum one day!

Hopefully!

Can't answer. I'm a girl xD

No, not in Australia in my opinion.

I think my father is awesome. I hold my Dad in great admiration. I live with my Dad, I chose to leave my mother at 13 due to personal reasons. I have a really great relationship with my Dad.

Old Manus
06-04-2006, 04:42 PM
No, Rusty, I am your father.

EDIT: I couldn't help it :(

Levian
06-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Old Manus should bury his wild BMX extreme sports before settleing down as a father.

Old Manus
06-04-2006, 04:49 PM
:love:

Moon Rabbits
06-04-2006, 05:20 PM

I hate my own. I don't care about others.

I don't plan to be one.

Above.

See above again.

Not corrupted per ce, but it's a problem.

He was physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive. My father is on the other side of my country.

Roto13
06-04-2006, 05:27 PM

There they are.

I probably would be.

I don't want any, and if I had any by accident, it would be a medical marvel indeed.

They are lucky to be born from two men.

Certain parts of it, yes.

Pretty much useless. He doesn't contribute anything to the household. No job, doesn't clean, all he does is fix stuff when it breaks. He spends the rest of his time chain smoking cigarettes that my mother buys for him and watching tv.

SammieBabe
06-04-2006, 06:29 PM
My dad is pretty cool. My stepfathers were jerks. Dad used to piss me off when I was a teenager, but he was doing what he thought was right. And he was. He also taught me how to drive, took me to concerts, made me study, and helped me become a good person.

No, but I think my husband is a great father...:)

Expecting number 2 as we speak...:)
You may not always like Daddy, but he'll always love you...

With both men and women, yes...

Yeah. He's alot like me, just taller and male. He recently went back to school to finish his degree, and is currently playing in two rock bands. He's still there when I need him and still listens to me cry, no matter how dumb the reason. I know that no matter where in life I go, my Dad will always be behind me 150%...

Cid Vicious
06-04-2006, 06:58 PM
What are your feelings about fathers
I think having a father is an important thing in your life. Not having one can screw you up.

Are you going to be a good father
I'm going to be the best i can.

Are you going to have kids at all
I hope too.

Is our society corrupted with men who don't care about their kids
No. I've seen women treat their kids much worse than men

What is your father like? Are they with you
I never knew my father. He was jailed before i was born, and died while still in when i was three. My step-father was an w*****, he died when i was eleven.

Chris
06-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Are you going to have kids at all?

No. But that's not a certain answer.

What do you want to teach your children as fathers?

To do the best they can, and then go get a soda when they're done.

Is our society corrupted with men who don't care 'bout their kids?

Most definitely. That goes for women and mothers, too.

What is your father like? are they with you?

He's okay.

McLovin'
06-04-2006, 07:24 PM
What are your feelings about fushas

Fushas are the male equilvalent to mushas.

Are you going to be a good fusha

Only if my wife does all the work.

Are you going to have kids at all

How can I be a fusha with no kids!? Trick question.

Is our society corrupted with men who don't care about their kids

Of course men care. They care up to the point where they don't have to care anymore.

What is your fusha like? Are they with you

My fusha is here with me. He is goot.

Captain Maxx Power
06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
My feelings about my own father are nothing but positive. I know that some people's fathers can be abhorent arseholes however. Thankfully mine isn't. I'm sure I would be a good father, the one thing I need to work on is my temper. I tend to fly off the handle a lot without much provoking. However I'm usually great with kids so I'm guessing I'd be good at the job. As for what I'm going to teach my kids, the primary thing is to always look out for other people and help in anyway you can. I don't want my kids to be greedy, so I'll also teach them the value of friendship and family over material (something many kids lack these days). I don't know if our society has lots of fathers who don't care about their kids, but there seems to be a generally accepted practice that men can leave the kids in the care of their mothers. Indeed, custody laws favour the mother in almost all cases, even when it's obvious that the father would be a much better parent to the child.

fire_of_avalon
06-05-2006, 02:46 AM
My dad has put me through a lot of grief, but dealing with that made me the person I am today. Even when he was immature, drinking heavily, and getting into trouble, everything he did taught me something invaluable. He doesn't understand that now, but honestly I would never, ever give up all the pain and heartache I suffered as a result of him, because I would also give up the benefit of both of our experiences. My father has always been there for me when I was desperate, and he's always had faith in me, even when he probably shouldn't have. He raised my sister and me, and as you can see, he did a damned good job ;).

I agree with Rusty about the courts thing. My father had full custody of me and Sarah, and only got 100$/month for BOTH of us (not per child). He had friends, men, whose ex-wives had full custody and received at least that much per child. Some paid much, much more.

And the sad part is my mother wouldn't even do that. My father ended up having to take her to court and have her wages garnished to make her pay.

I feel good about men who are ready to be fathers. I think there are too many people out there who just have kids and aren't ready. I believe many men and women today have kids without really being prepared for them.

I won't be a father, I'll be a mother, but I would want my kids to be close to their father, and mine as well.

So yeah. Dads = :up:

Shlup
06-05-2006, 02:59 AM
I just wrote a twelve page research paper on fathering. xP

Rusty
06-05-2006, 04:07 AM
No, Rusty, I am your father.

EDIT: I couldn't help it :(

I knew it :(

Jojee
06-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Fathers are pretty kew', depending on who they are :</>D Mine's pretty spiffy. And yes I will be a wonderful father to all! <3 And kids, eh, if I ever do have one it'll be after the age of thirty and I'll only have one... freaky lil things o__O;; *hides*

Christmas
04-28-2023, 12:55 AM
Mine was a charred bald man in some 80s black space suit whom sliced my hand off with a laser sword before revealing his identity to me. :(