PDA

View Full Version : Is my MGS3 game glitched?

Erdrick Holmes
06-04-2006, 09:35 PM
I bought MGS3 and had the disc resurfaced to make sure it worked. I played a bunch of times but there's one slight problem.

in the Virtuous Mission I made it to Sokolov, I slipped passed all the guards since the start of the mission and only got an alert mode once or twice since making it to the abandoned factory. I managed to make it there without killing a single guard there. On the way there I either used CQC chokeholds and the tranq gun to knock out the enemy. When I made it to the factory I got spotted and I fought off the guards with the tranq gun, which kept them alive but kept them from killing me. After I rescued Sokolov Snake caled Major Zero. Zero asks how he got passed the senturies, Snake replied "I had to kill them". The thing is I didn't kill a single guard, only KO'd them. Is this supposed to happen or is my game or my console glitched?

Old Manus
06-04-2006, 10:12 PM
He doesn't want to look like a pussy, only tranq'ing guards.

Maxico
06-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Usually his reply is different if you havn't killed anybody.

It might have been because you were spotted and caught in a firefight, or you may have killed some by accident (falling from any height or explosions can kill guards pretty easily).

I don't think it would be caused by a scratched disk, usually a glitch from that would usually just result in freezing.

Sylvie
06-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Its probably just set like that? The game probably doesn't look at if you killed Object 2 and 3 and change what he says. Its probably just assumed that you killed them, thats all. Though I could be wrong, never played MGS3.

Maxico
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
It does. The Metal Gear Solid series is full of stuff like that.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Maybe some guards fell off the bridge, which counts as a kill.

DeathKnight
06-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Maybe some guards fell off the bridge, which counts as a kill.

yeah, or maybe a guard killed another guard while they were trying to kill you.

Sylvie
06-05-2006, 02:41 AM
Or maybe a guard killed a guard who killed a guard which resulted in a guard falling off a bridge while trying to kill you.

KentaRawr!
06-05-2006, 02:45 AM
Or maybe I killed them and you took the fall for me. :) Thanks, buddy!

DeathKnight
06-05-2006, 03:33 AM
Or maybe a guard killed a guard who killed a guard which resulted in a guard falling off a bridge while trying to kill you.

yeah, or maybe a guard shot a guard and that guard ended up dying by loosing blood:mog:

the world may never know!

UltimaMasamune
10-24-2006, 08:33 PM
sometimes when you choke a guard the die insted of just being stuned

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Only if you choke them too hard. It's pretty easy to control.

Also, this thread is ancient.