PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Setup

Aerio
06-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Hello, I have a question...or two perhaps on the graphic setup menu. The main one I have is, do any of you know what settings I should chose for the BEST looking graphics? My computer isn't top end, but it has 1 gig mem, 6600 nVidia 256 MB, and decent processor. But I am a complete computer n00b. So I don't know which settings are better or worse on the setup, and I tried reading the FAQ that the game provides and looking on the internet for a good guide but couldn't find it. So, perhaps if any of you run the game on good settings you could tell me how to make it the best as possible? Thanks a ton ahead of time :).

Yeargdribble
06-05-2006, 01:52 AM
If you really really want it to look awesome then you'll need to mess around with the registry and tweak the controls beyond where FFXI Config will let you go. I'll look for the details later and try to post them.

Aerio
06-05-2006, 04:03 AM
Thanks much. Any help would be great help. :choc:

dodhungry
06-05-2006, 05:18 AM
you also got to rembember what kind of internet connection you have. The better awsome graphics on a 56k telephone connection is not going to cut it.

I have played Rome Total War on the best graphic settings with a decent computer on LAN and still lagged out. So just keep that in mind too.

Aerio
06-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Oh yeah, heh. Sorry, I have a cable modem, 100 Mbps I believe.

Edit: Also, I just ran the benchmark from SE and got a score of 3870 on High Resolution if that helps. Hate to see how bad I'd lag in-game with that many taru's on my screen.

Yeargdribble
06-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Well I don't currently have access to all of the details but from the sounds of it your system is running the the ballpark mine is. I'll try to give better details later but for now I'll suggest this.

Go to Start -> Run
Type: regedit
Go to: My Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/PlayOnlineUS/SquareEnix/FinalFantasyXI

Each of the Values here applies to something specific in game. For instance I believe 0000 is the MIP mapping one. Now from FFXI Config you can't do much with this but here you can kinda crank it up. You'll probably have to play around to see where you like it and where your computer can handle it but 0 is off... when you are around 6 things will look quite blurred but nice. Basically it's giving you pseudo-antialiasing. I like running mine around 4 personally.

This affect your resolution. I personally like 1280x1024. To get this set 0001 to 500 and 0002 to 400

This is where you can really crank things up and make it look really nice. 1024x1024 would have both values set at 400. Raising them incrementally (and at the same value) will make things look increasingly sharp. I'm not sure if going over 800 would be a good idea. That will set you and 2048x2048 and will look really really nice.

I've forgotten several of the others off the top of my head like Bump Mapping and stuff but as soon as I find the details I'll try to post them.

Aerio
06-05-2006, 06:28 PM
wow, thanks a ton. That looks MUCH clearer than before.