PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker XP

Darth Cid
06-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Zidane: I recently found out that ASCII and Enterbrain released an English addition of RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker XP(that's gonna put Don Miguel out of a job) a legal download of RPG Maker XP is now available at the Enterbrain site, I downloaded earlier today and when I opened it, I found out...it's not really freeware, the RPG Maker XP verison, is a 30 day trial, now I used the illegal verison of RPG Maker 2000 for a while until it started weighing on my conscience that it was pirated so I eventually took it off my computer, but I found 2k's interface alot more user friendly and simple than my first RPG Maker, RPG Maker 2 for Playstation 2. For anyone who may already have RPG Maker XP, would you say it's worth the 60 dollars to get the program? I plan to use a few of the days up on the 30 day trial and see what I think, if it's made worthy updates from 2k, if it has I will probably buy the real deal.

oddler
06-05-2006, 12:27 AM
It is absolutely worth it in my opinion. I don't even use the scripting feature for now and it blows me away. It takes a while to get the hang of everything because you don't get a manual or a test game or anything to start with. If you can hang in there and practice/experiment with it, I'm sure you'll think it was worth the money if you're serious about these types of things.

Darth Cid
06-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Zidane: I hope I can find a way to create a Reflect status, I'm making a Final Fantasy based game, it's on the FFIV planet, 1,000 years after Cecil's quest, and you're Swik, a young cocky mercenary and you later find out you're part of Cecil's bloodline. All the kingdoms from FFIV eventually destroyed themselves in one way or another but all your teammates(with the exception of some secret characters) are of the bloodlines of original FFIV characters. The only town that remains since the 1,000 years have passed is Mysidia, the plot is there are three kingdoms that created themselves after the old ones fell. For some reason, every 30 years two of the three kingdoms or all three kingdoms to war with each other over something. Swik is a mercenary for one of the kingdoms, but the leaders of the other two kingdoms are wanting Swik to spy on his king, they tell him things like eventually this king will kill you, or that king will betray you, turns out this is a plot to confuse and eventually destroy Swik, Swik's new guide becomes Red Wing, a ship that eventually becomes an airship when you find and install a LeviaStone, this ship actually talks to Swik and tells him to go to Mysidia, the landscape has changed so much that Mysidia is covered with mountains so going by sea out of the question, getting the LeviaStone to convert Red Wing into an airship is the only way to get there. From there, Red Wing tells Swik to take the Serpant Road in Mysidia, which use to move you automatically, but it's damaged and you have to walk to the destination the underground tunnel takes you, you enter what we call the mysterious ruins, which is not accessible by air or sea, it's actually a ruined verison of the town and castle of Baron, you guessed it, you're going back in time to Baron Castle in its prime to meet King Cecil Harvey. He tells if you recognize his voice, it's because he led you here...he's Red Wing. He informs you of Zeromus that he has returned in Swik's period of time, and that all three leaders are Zeromus! Zeromus as the kings has been confusing Swik the whole time and trying to keep him from seeing the truth and truth is if war continues to happen between the three kingdoms as a result of Zeromus' 1,000 years of trickery, he will be completely unstoppable, the three kingdoms are the three evils by which Zeromus grows power from because war in itself can be a great evil so tricking people into going to war enpowers Zeromus, the final dungeon is called the Zero Realm, with the landscaping eventually crumbling the Tower of Bab-il to connect the planet to the Lunarian moon, no Giant of Bab-il, Zeromus creates his own retreat where his true form functions the three forms that make up the kings. A lot of Zeromus is seen in this world, in random encounters you will see Phantom Zemus, but there are three kinds of Phantom Zemus each one is only damaged by one element, one is damaged by thunder, one by fire, one by ice, other random encounters include King Behemoths, Red Dragons in 3 packs(I think everyone remember that.), and (if I can create Reflect effect)Evil Masks, half way through Zero Realm, you face the original Zeromus at this point, he shouldn't be too tough. near the end you fight FFIV:A's Zeromus EG, your final boss will be Zeromus XGP, he has several phantom images in front of him before you attack the actual XGP making for a loooong battle.

Yew-Yevon
06-05-2006, 01:30 AM
uh...can you give me a link to the site?

Darth Cid
06-05-2006, 01:33 AM
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/download.html

Meat Puppet
06-05-2006, 01:37 AM
How does this affect Don Miguel's job?

Darth Cid
06-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Zidane: If Enterbrain keeps releasing English verisons of their stuff, Don Miguel's pirating days are over.

Rostum
06-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Zidane: If Enterbrain keeps releasing English verisons of their stuff, Don Miguel's pirating days are over.

As far as I know, RPGAdvocate was the one that translated RMXP. Even he gave out the message to actually buy the offical product, and to use his patch to translate it into english.

I haven't heard Don Miguel's name since he translated RM2k, around 5-6 years ago. >.>;

Darth Cid
06-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Zidane: You understand what I mean though, Enterbrain being pirated is over.

Rostum
06-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Zidane: You understand what I mean though, Enterbrain being pirated is over.

I highly doubt that. Just because they released an english version, doesn't mean no one will pirate their software. Everything else that's english, is pirated, just look up the word 'torrent' on google.

Markus. D
06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
the trialer for it told me that the download is available at www.downloads.com

thats the trial version.

spiffy maker.

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't see any reason to pay money for something I could easily get free at the RPG Maker site.

At any rate, I do have RPG Maker '03, though I don't know if that's the latest one. I haven't made a real game, only played around with it. It's pretty awesome really. If someone had the patience to build a decent, polished game, it could be great. (See: Line's End series)

Darth Cid
06-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Zidane: New thing, I'm working on my game right now, the first castle is still a work in progress, and I'm putting together my magic and item planning, now I need resources, ya know, audio, battle animations and the like, I'm having trouble finding a good resource site, anyone know a good site?

Zeromus_X
06-08-2006, 03:46 AM
You can try this site, which is where I got my download. I don't know how helpful it'll be however. (http://files.rpginfinity.com/get/nb/maker/rpg_maker_2003/rm2k3_106.rar)

Darth Cid
06-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Zidane: *sigh* Didn't have the kind of things I was looking for, but thanks anyway.

~*~Celes~*~
06-08-2006, 10:48 PM
I have what's called RPG maker XP- Postality Knights Edition ENHANCED. I got it as a free download, no trial or anything. Next I'm gonna download RPGM2K because I want the music files and sprites off of there lol