PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wii or the GC?

KentaRawr!
06-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Which version of Twilight Princess are you going to get? Wii or GC?

As far as controls go, we only know that the Wii version will be using the Wiimote and Nunchaku. We don't know if it will be compatible with GC controllers or not. So, as of right now, this is basically a "Which controller fit for Zelda? Wii or GC?" topic.

I know that I'm going to get the GC version first, as I'm probably not going to get a Wii at launch. So if what Nintendo says is true, how Zelda: TP comes out on the day the Wii comes out, then that means that I will be getting the GC version. Plus, I haven't used the Wii controller myself, so to be safe, I'd get the GC version.

How about you?

Darth Cid
06-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Zidane: I think I'll get the Gamecube edition because 1) I think it be a a while before I can get used to the Wii controllers, and 2) Zelda is the only reason I still buy from Nintendo, Twilight Princess is the only reason I got a Gamecube.

XxSephirothxX
06-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I'll probably get it for a GameCube for a couple reasons. One, I don't think I'll be getting a Wii at launch. Two, as awesome as the Wii controller will probably be, using something other than a traditional pad for Zelda makes me feel...well, it just doesn't seem right. :(

Darth Cid
06-04-2006, 11:15 PM
I'll probably get it for a GameCube for a couple reasons. One, I don't think I'll be getting a Wii at launch. Two, as awesome as the Wii controller will probably be, using something other than a traditional pad for Zelda makes me feel...well, it just doesn't seem right. :(

Zidane: I concur, I saw a preview of what the Wii controller is going to be like, one side of the controller in one hand, and one side in the other, that may be a bad move for Nintendo, for over two decades, the controller has always been one piece you have to have both hands on.

Roto13
06-04-2006, 11:28 PM

Zidane: I concur, I saw a preview of what the Wii controller is going to be like, one side of the controller in one hand, and one side in the other, that may be a bad move for Nintendo, for over two decades, the controller has always been one piece you have to have both hands on.
It's the entire point of the Wii, though.

Anyway, I'll be getting it for Wii, because I plan to get a Wii at launch anyway. Also, the Wii version has more content than the Game Cube version.

KentaRawr!
06-04-2006, 11:31 PM

I don't really see the trouble with two pieces. If it were one piece, then either the Wiimote would be severely hindered, or you'd be limited to to 2 buttons, a D-Pad, and motion sensing technology all in one hand without changing your hand position drastically. That would be more tiring than swinging my arm around to play Mario. :p

Rostum
06-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Wii. =D Because I don't have a gamecube. ;D

XxSephirothxX
06-05-2006, 12:30 AM

I don't have a problem with the controller itself. I love the idea of new games that you can control with the wave of the hand, and it'll really expand just how we interact with what we play. But I'd still like to play Zelda the way I've always played it, at least at first. I'm sure I'll experience it both ways eventually.

Ouch!
06-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Wii. I'll be getting one at launch anyway, so why the heck not? Plus firing the bow with the Wiimote just looks awesome. xD

PontiusPilate
06-05-2006, 12:39 AM
I already have the GC, why would i spend more money to get a Wii when i can just get it for the system i already have

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-05-2006, 12:41 AM
The game wasn't built for Wii control; it was just shoehorned in mid-development--and, by all accounts from E3, to pretty ill results. So, I'll be getting the GameCube version.
Wii. =D Because I don't have a gamecube. ;DThe Wii can play GameCube games.

Rostum
06-05-2006, 12:45 AM
The Wii can play GameCube games.

Yeah, so I can buy Wind Waker. =D I just thought I may as well get Twilight Princess for Wii, as it's a launch title.

Roto13
06-05-2006, 12:46 AM
The game wasn't built for Wii control; it was just shoehorned in mid-development--and, by all accounts from E3, to pretty ill results.
I'd bet a lot of money that the finished product will be much more comfortable and natural-feeling.

Shlup
06-05-2006, 01:10 AM
My fiance and I will get it for GameCube 'cause that's what we have. And we'll fight over it and get a divorce and fight for custody.

FallenAngel411
06-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Wii for me. I'm sure Nintendo will figure things out by then.

ljkkjlcm9
06-05-2006, 04:01 AM
One thing I read from someone who played the Wii version, the Wiimote is only used for special weapons like the bow and boomerang, so your hand tends to fall and when you click to use the bow, all of a sudden you're pointed at the ground. Not only that, but apparently it's a stretch as of right now to reach up to the control pad to activate the special items, so I've been leaning towards the GC version actually

THE JACKEL

Yuffie514
06-05-2006, 06:16 AM
i voted both, even though i could use a new GameCube game, otherwise i'll have to consider selling it. i only have a few games on it, but The Legend of Zelda series never fails to make lasting impressions for Nintendo.

BatChao
06-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Wii for me. I'll be getting one at launch... and the Wii version supports 16:9 aspect ration, which the GCN version doesn't. Plus, the Wii controller is just HOT.

Zeromus_X
06-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Am I the only person not thinking of that remote controller? There is a normal controller y'know. :cat: (Unless it's been scrapped or something.)

I'd rather get the Wii version. (Although I'm not getting it for awhile.)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-05-2006, 07:45 AM
You can't play the Wii version with normal controls. That's the entire reason why there are two versions.

Zeromus_X
06-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Oh, I see.

Lionx
06-05-2006, 09:18 AM
I hope they fix that, you can plug GC controllers at the back of the Wii, so unless they dont let you choose with the Wii version i dont see why i wouldnt want the Wii version.

KentaRawr!
06-05-2006, 06:46 PM
You can't play the Wii version with normal controls. That's the entire reason why there are two versions.

That's been confirmed? o.o Not to sound rude, but it's just that I never heard any word of that from Nintendo. :O I do acknowledge that it wouldn't really make sense if it could use regular controls, though.

Dreddz
06-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Im sure the Wii version will have an option to turn off the motion sensoring, if case people dont like it.

Roto13
06-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Im sure the Wii version will have an option to turn off the motion sensoring, if case people dont like it.
If they don't like the motion sensor, they'd better avoid the Wii alltogether.

Reine
06-06-2006, 07:10 AM
I thought there was only one version, with the Wii features only enabled when played on the Wii?

Damn, I am NOT getting two copies of the same game, at least not this way.

KentaRawr!
06-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I thought there was only one version, with the Wii features only enabled when played on the Wii?

Damn, I am NOT getting two copies of the same game, at least not this way.

Sadly, there are indeed two different versions. :cry: