PDA

View Full Version : Your expectations and likings.

DoaJ
06-04-2006, 11:13 PM
So, what exactly, are you expecting the characters perosnalities to be like, and what do you want them to be?
Personally, I think it'd be awesome if they had a charcter that was shapelss. He was kinda like a shadow, and when he talked, it was in parables and riddles that made you think. He coulod have some ability to chenge himself, or rather, whatever you effect him with, he changes to match it. If you use strength increasement items and make him fight, and upgrade his weapons, then he gets bulkier and tougher, and if you give him magic and stuff he looks more like a mage. Also, if you give him, more specifically, thunder magic, then he'd be yellowish or blueiush if you give him water, or more clear-blue for Ice. Although Im sure they'll have some character that shuts himself out from people like in 7 or 8. I havent played 10/11 so I dont know if they had one in those, but you know.

Moon Rabbits
06-05-2006, 02:04 AM
A character that speaks in riddles is like a cookie that doesn't taste good. USLESS. Bwhahah I wish I could riddle my answer into a riddle.

Anyways, I hope Lightning isn't your generic "waaaaaaah I'm a whiny girl who needs a man to save me" character. She needs to be strong.

Any other characters I just hope are deep. Not just a person with a one sided personality (ie. Barret).

No.78
06-08-2006, 04:36 PM
It's gotta have a moody guy who's amazing in battle... ... With a... Pole.

TurkSlayer
06-09-2006, 12:35 AM
As cliche as it is, I of course want to have yet another dark, mysterious character, like Auron or Shadow. Preferably more like Shadow.

Also, I'd like to have a character a bit like Kuja, smart and sophisticated, using others for his own gain. However, instead of this character being a central villian, I want him to be a playable character, who is helping the party reach their goal, but at the same time using them to fulfill his own goal. That would be the best.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-09-2006, 04:20 AM
I like the fact that the main protagonist will be a woman. It doesn't happen enough in video games, even to this day. I also expect that Lightning (if that is her true name) won't be the typical damsel in distress type cliché.

DoaJ
06-09-2006, 05:12 AM
We can only hope.
Well, I like people's ideas. And I like the feminist view, lol.

Gnostic Yevon
06-09-2006, 09:26 PM
So, what exactly, are you expecting the characters perosnalities to be like, and what do you want them to be?
Personally, I think it'd be awesome if they had a charcter that was shapelss. He was kinda like a shadow, and when he talked, it was in parables and riddles that made you think. He coulod have some ability to chenge himself, or rather, whatever you effect him with, he changes to match it. If you use strength increasement items and make him fight, and upgrade his weapons, then he gets bulkier and tougher, and if you give him magic and stuff he looks more like a mage. Also, if you give him, more specifically, thunder magic, then he'd be yellowish or blueiush if you give him water, or more clear-blue for Ice. Although Im sure they'll have some character that shuts himself out from people like in 7 or 8. I havent played 10/11 so I dont know if they had one in those, but you know.

ahem, you mean like FABLE?

I don't want my hero to be exactly like in Fable. Not that I have something against Fable, just that if I want something just like Fable, I'd pick up Fable. I want a guy who's savining the world just for the money or something. Not because it's right, or because of any other noble reason, but for a comepletely selfish reason.

I do like the FF2j level up system -- use a sword, your sword skill goes up, use a shield, the shield skill goes up. Use a spell enough, and the damage it does goes up. That makes the game form itself to the way YOU play. They should bring that back -- without the glitch.

As to gameplay -- you should have freedom to explore and a 3d rotatable camera. I want my dungeons to be full of puzzles and traps. I want strategic battles (ATB is confirmed for XIII proper, so it should be possible). I want to have to THINK my way past a boss, not just use uber-spells and limit breaks and summons.

DoaJ
06-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I've never played Fable. lol, sorry.

marc
06-10-2006, 03:52 AM
I hope they have Solid Snake in this one.
Oh, and Samuel L Jackson.

Moon Rabbits
06-10-2006, 06:43 AM
[I hope they have] Samuel L Jackson [in this one].

I wouldn't be surprised.

Zeromus_X
06-10-2006, 07:13 AM
I highly doubt the main character will be some stereotypical 'omg save me!' female character. Especially being a main character. Although I really don't want her to be a female version of Cloud, she pretty much will be anyway. (:cry: ) Ah well. I'm not incredibly picky, so I'll go along with it anyway.

Numb
07-13-2006, 09:48 AM
It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect:whoa: or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about, umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game. :eep:

DoaJ
07-13-2006, 11:47 PM
It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect:whoa: or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about, umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game. :eep:

Thats probably the best idea Ive ever heard.

King-Killer
08-02-2006, 06:35 PM

It's called FFVII

It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect

You got two of them.
Yuffie, Cait Sith.

or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about
Don't know about you, but I don't really take a fluffy pink toy very seriously.

umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game. :eep:

If you played FFVII, I think you can figure it out on your own who that person is....

DoaJ
08-03-2006, 10:00 AM

It's called FFVII

It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect

You got two of them.
Yuffie, Cait Sith.

umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game. :eep:

If you played FFVII, I think you can figure it out on your own who that person is....

maybe that could have to do with why so many people loved ffvii

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 03:58 PM

It's called FFVII

You got two of them.
Yuffie, Cait Sith.

maybe that could have to do with why so many people loved ffvii

That could have been why so many people think it :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:ed.
Theses are the major things that made FFVII look bad.
Don't get me wrong, not saying that FFVII is bad, just the plot twists...
(Entertaining, but bad Credit to the Character, as well as the crew)

A great leader is someone who knows their crew like the back of their hands.
Not just someone you pick up at random.

Check out the intentions of your party.
If you don't know your party, you should check what he/she/it is up to.

If the party of FFVII can have their materia stolen, may as well be killed, raped or abused by ''your so called friend''.

Dragon Mage
08-19-2006, 04:27 AM
Let's go over that shall we?

A great leader is someone who knows their crew like the back of their hands.
Not just someone you pick up at random.
Cloud doesn't even know himself. How the hell is he supposed to know other people to the umptheenth degree? And, as they're currently running from the law(shinra) it's not like you can call in for a background check on someone, now can you?

Check out the intentions of your party.
If you don't know your party, you should check what he/she/it is up to.

Saving the world is a pretty time-consuming job and requires a lot of attention.

If the party of FFVII can have their materia stolen, may as well be killed, raped or abused by ''your so called friend''.

I believe it's called a sidequest, and you don't have to do it. And Yuffie is a coniving bi*ch anyways. You never trust her. If you trusted her than you must be unbelievably gullible.

McLovin'
08-19-2006, 10:22 PM
I want a character with a cool sword that will go in FF history.

feona17
08-20-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm looking forward to that sweet gunblade featured in the trailer. I seriously hope the mystery female is not another Yuna. I'd want her to be tough, sarcastic, but at the same time real and has a heart. I hope that this game has a big party, and lots of FMV's.

McLovin'
08-20-2006, 09:33 AM
This girl seems like a Cloud like person. Fights when needed and then the rest o the time leans on walls.

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
I expect it to have more than 1 character

psychic_river
08-27-2006, 03:44 AM
I think I read somewhere that "Lightning" isn't the main character. Hard to believe since she's the only playable character in the trailer, but only time will tell. Even though we don't know much about her, I like her. She seems strong, not giddy and girly like FFX-2 Yuna and Rikku, and I can almost hear what her voice will likely sound like. For some reason, I feel like she'll be a little bit like Pain. She reminds me of female version of Cloud.

I don't know what to expect and I like that. I do expect more playable characters than Lightning, hot graphics, and a fantastic story. If three games are already planned, this better be a good mythos.

Conflagration
08-27-2006, 04:05 AM
My main hope for this game is that it's a traditional FF. I want it to be like FFVII. There should be a dark enigmatic character in your party like Vincent, a challenging final boss, and a very hard-to-beat optional boss, preferrably a Weapon. I want a traditional optional boss that waits for you, instead of a battle arena place where you have to do many things to battle the monster. A strong optional boss would have its own lair, not wait for you in a battle arena. And the storyline villain should actually be badass human, and not something like Sin.

Also I hope the game is in the future with a polluted world, like FFVII. Don't call me an FFVII fanboy, but if they're not making a remake of it, they should at least give FFXIII the qualities of FFVII.

Hyperion4444
08-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Don't worry, the game is based on the second generation of final fantasy games ''if you haven't noticed some resemblances''.

It's got the same story plot as FFVII ''thoses who resist the world.''

Stunt
08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm expecting the blue-haired Guy to be a little like Cloud, attitude-wise, and a little dark at the same time. Maybe for the girl, a little like Yuna, attitude wise, and looks wise.