PDA

View Full Version : Any extras you wish to see in the GBA version?

Crossblades
06-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Is there any extras you would like to see in the upcoming GBA release for FF VI? If so, what are they?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-05-2006, 02:11 AM
For one, Cid should actually do something if you save him in the World of Ruin.

NeoCracker
06-05-2006, 02:25 AM
Also more diffucutly, possibly some bonus dungeons. The Czar Dragon might be nice. Finally being able to outbid that loser in the auction house. I hate rich people.

Roto13
06-05-2006, 02:47 AM
The way the game is, it's not unfeasable to think of a new party member or two.

ljkkjlcm9
06-05-2006, 04:03 AM
be able to buy the imp robot from auction, with it's own special skill! Maybe, revive general leo haha, and/or find Banon in the WoR.

Some more really optional dungeons with kickarse stuff, maybe a dungeon that unlocks when you get all the Espers, meaning you have to choose the Ragnarok Esper, which I never do cause that's the wrong choise, so I'd finally have a reason to.

THE JACKEL

Dignified Pauper
06-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Czar dragon, definitely. bonus dungeons. One for WoB and one for WoR preferably.

Zechs
06-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Added back story for Terra and Clyde. Maybe using extra dungeons to trigger such events. Maybe add Squall from FFAnthology, like Cloud in FFT. Definatly a decent length event about the MagiWar. Maybe use that to uncover other dungeons. And especially 1 or 2 extra islands. Similare to Hideon but hard to find.

Its just a great game, anything they add should be good enough.

KoShiatar
06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
For one, Cid should actually do something if you save him in the World of Ruin.

Exactly the same thing that I instantly thought.
Then, I would like to fight Czar Dragon or whatever it's called and some backstory added.

Tavrobel
06-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Gogo's identity revealed.
More indepth backstory of Shadow, Kefka, and Celes.
More about the War of the Magi.

The legendary Shadow
06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
An added character would be cool.An Imp character would be very cool.

Lynx
06-06-2006, 02:24 AM
just make it more challangeing the game is perfect as it is but come on its possible to beat this game with your character lv's in the 30s

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 02:51 AM
All of what DP and Kawaii said, plus proper spell/esper names, etc., and make it more challenging, although they'll do the opposite somehow.

Especially for Kitten Sith.

Flying Mullet
06-06-2006, 02:26 PM
No, I like Gogo being a mystery. :cry:

I want to be able to buy the 1/20 airships at the auction house. After you buy 20 of them you can build the Blackjack and take it to a bonus dungeon. :chef:

Crossblades
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Personally, I would like to see some backstory for Gogo. Plus, I want to see more sidequests

Angi-Kaiser
06-06-2006, 03:57 PM
The ability to get Magi-tech armour as a wearable armour late in the game.

Necronopticous
06-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm assuming they'll fix the MBLOCK glitch and make all the evade and block attributes actually work the way they were supposed to. In a way I want that, but part of me enjoys the awesome stuff you can accomplish by exploiting those things a little too much to be completely happy about it.

Yeah, having Cid actually do something for all your effort would be nice. I always thought it was funny that he just hangs out on the solitary island even after you're all pimped out in your airship and stuff. I mean come on...really?

Um...I guess a bonus endgame dungeon a la FFIV Advance would be nice, but nothing story altering, please. If anything has to be altered, it should be the ability to do things aside from save Celes in the South Figaro basement.

ljkkjlcm9
06-06-2006, 06:17 PM
I want to be able to buy the 1/20 airships at the auction house. After you buy 20 of them you can build the Blackjack and take it to a bonus dungeon. :chef:

you realize the 1/20 means 1/20th the size of the original, like the soldiers in FFVII that are 1/12 soldier or whatever

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
06-06-2006, 06:52 PM

you realize the 1/20 means 1/20th the size of the original, like the soldiers in FFVII that are 1/12 soldier or whatever

THE JACKAL
Yes, it was meant as a joke. :p

Besides, the Blackjack looks so much better than the Falcon and any way to fly the Blackjack instead of the Falcon in the WoR would be great. :chef:

Evastio
06-06-2006, 10:31 PM

THE JACKAL
It's 1/35th Solder and there were 12 in a set if I remember correctly.

Laguna
06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I dont mind if we dont get any extras. I <3 ffvi. Although we'll probably get another bonus dungeon. Woot, hope they make it challenging this time :p

Captain Maxx Power
06-07-2006, 12:03 AM
I'd personally like to see some kind of extra character customisation. Compared to some of the other FF's, I always found FF6's system to be very shallow by comparison. Also make those Desperation Attacks appear more often. Like once a game would be nice.

TurkSlayer
06-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Much more back story on Clyde, maybe some on Terra, perhaps the revealing of who Gogo is. Honestly, I would like more characters too, but then I've always been the "The more characters, the better!" kind of guy. Personally, I want to play as Seigfried. And really, just a lot more back story in general.

Zeromus_X
06-07-2006, 02:51 AM
It's 1/35th Solder and there were 12 in a set if I remember correctly.

You can get as many 1/35 Soldiers as you want.

I'd also love to have the bugs fixed too. (Like, y'know, have the Evasion stat do something.) Still, I wonder if that means Force Equipment/Illumina won't be as powerful then?

playaGAW
07-18-2006, 01:09 AM
I wanna see a sequel in all truth. This game deserves one more than 10 did.

Avarice-ness
07-18-2006, 02:43 AM
More indepth backstory of Shadow, Kefka, and Celes.
More about the War of the Magi.

Sure why not.

Maybe add Squall from FFAnthology, like Cloud in FFT.
Ow.. OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW.
Oh I swear to god if that happens, I will cry. I will cry so hard I will prolly drown in my tears. My sad, broken Emo tears. Omg, I can't even fathom that idea... *rocks back and forth*

Roto13
07-18-2006, 03:27 AM
Well, there's already a Squall sprite in the Anthology version.

nik0tine
07-18-2006, 03:45 AM
Chocobo sidequest!!

Roto13
07-18-2006, 03:51 AM
Actually, Squall in FF VI would be combining my two favourite FFs. I would be pleased.

Zeromus_X
07-18-2006, 03:51 AM
Ooh! I just got an idea.

There'll be a optional dungeon inside of Zozo. You'll have to climb up a 100 story tower and at the top you'll have to fight Avarice-ness. Avarice-ness has 1,000,000 HP and all the spells and lores in the game. Once you beat her, she auto-revives and busts out an Ultima. Offering/Genji Glove users will be retaliated with 8 Tack Stars. Avarice-ness also has Haste, Shell, Protect, Reflect, and Float statuses. Do you have what it takes to defeat the mayor of Zozo?*

Anyway, seriously, FFIV Advance couldn't satisfy my random surreal dungeon craving. We need to have that in the game, with either Avarice-ness or that Kaiser Dragon as an optional superboss. Maybe some personal trial thing like in FFIVA. But in all honesty, can they really add in any more uber-equipment? If they fix the evasion bug, I can understand how it would be harder to become invincible, but with even more equipment in from bonus dungeons, it'd get pretty insane.

I also hope for properly named spells, etc., although that should be expected. And I know they can fit Ultima Weapon in the text box. Names won't really matter, as you can already rename the characters to your liking.

Maybe more Espers...eh, that's all I got. But I can't really wait for this thing to come out. It seems like forever...

*This is undeniable proof I need more rest.

Edit: And yes, Chocobos should have some sort of sidequest like nik said so they'd actually serve some purpose other than zipping through the WoR.

ff_sweden
07-18-2006, 09:00 AM
MORE SECRETS!!!!!!:p

Strider
07-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Oh, dude, I've got it.

GAMBLE ON THE BLACKJACK. :D

Flying Mullet
07-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Might as well. You have all this extra money and nowhere to spend it at the end of the game.

bipper
07-18-2006, 02:49 PM
I hope the completely change key parts in the story. Allow you revie rachel, move kefka's tower into zozo, and Revive General leo, and bring back the WoB after you beat the epolouge battle (no magic!!) at the end of the game. That way, if it sucks, I wont have to buy it.

Sereoulsy, I would think having Cid imporve the falchon or just ... do somthing is a great idea. It would also be nice if you could pick your WoR starting character as you pick characters after the river senario.

bipper

Mirage
07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Having several WoR scenarios would have been a cool feature, really. However, the scenarios would have to be about what happened prior to Celes finding them.
Bonus dungeons and more optional bosses would have been cool. Filling up the two last character slots would have been nice alswell. What about getting Cid if you save him? Letting you gamble on the airships would be cool, but just winning money would be boring, I'd rather like to get some rare and awesome items.

Anyway, what's wrong with the evade and mblock stats? I evade stuff perfectly fine in my game.

-edit-
oh yeah, improved colliseum battles. one-on-one and team battles, and much harder enemies than in the original. And ofcourse, better prizes aswell.

Daryl
07-19-2006, 12:27 AM
More about Daryl!

And yes, I would like it if something happened after you saved Cid's life. Otherwise, I'll just keep killing him, I imagine, since at least then you get a little drama-ridden scene.

Reine
07-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Better spell animations, and definetly better Esper animations. Ramuh appearing for a second and going bzzt isnt very impressive

Banon as a permanent character

Umaro has a bit more equipment (limited, but just to fill up the rest of the slots) plus, Gogo and Umaro being able to equip Espers for the stat gains

Classic quotes left the same (Son of a submariner!)

And many others..

Avarice-ness
07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Ooh! I just got an idea.

There'll be a optional dungeon inside of Zozo. You'll have to climb up a 100 story tower and at the top you'll have to fight Avarice-ness. Avarice-ness has 1,000,000 HP and all the spells and lores in the game. Once you beat her, she auto-revives and busts out an Ultima. Offering/Genji Glove users will be retaliated with 8 Tack Stars. Avarice-ness also has Haste, Shell, Protect, Reflect, and Float statuses. Do you have what it takes to defeat the mayor of Zozo?*

Ohhh! So that's what you were talking about! xD No one has what it takes to beat me in my own domain!!! And! I want -THREEEEE~- Million HP Not a measyly one million. =D And... I think if you could beat me, you'd just a magic cookie of some sort. Kind of "Here! Have an ego for fighting me for 3 hours!" prize. :p But.. I'd be so cute why would you want to kill me? ^^ :love:

Christmas
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
You can play as Kefka.

Varius41
07-21-2006, 01:19 AM
Why change the game at all (apart from the mblock bug)? Also, fixing the sketching bugs, and the vanish+doom bugs etc etc would be nice... But I've wanted just a barebone port of this game for as long as I can remember. This is the single greatest game to happen to me, and I actually like how everything is. There are plenty of rumors for your imagination to have fun with on the things that aren't explained (Gogo = Daryl?! ROMG!), and if you change too many things, it quickly changes things. Characters lose motivation, and thus personality.

Although, improved colliseum would be nice, I'd have to admit.

Oh, and for he whom asked, the evade% doesn't actually work. instead, the game figures your mblock% as your evade%, making in for some god-like behavior.

Terra is UNSTOPPABLE! *kefka laugh*

Kefka_Almighty
07-21-2006, 03:25 AM
In all honesty, I have to say that I wouldn't be bothered if they didn't change a single thing about the game. But, if they do change anything, I'd like to see some optional dungeons or, at the very least, more explanation on Kefka and possibly Leo. I liked Leo, and yes, he really was more of this character that was used to show what a harsh jerk Kefka was as a general as a comparison between the two, I would like to actually here at least maybe a little more about him.

TidusMaster
07-21-2006, 06:03 PM
.......................................................There making a GBA FF6!?

scrumpleberry
07-21-2006, 07:36 PM

Yep.

More backstory for everyone would be nice and, yes, Cid being useful would be nice too.The scenarios idea would be niiiiiiice.

Decessus
07-21-2006, 09:22 PM
No. This whole conversation was about Pizza Pies.

I would like to see the Czar Dragon, and perhaps more story on Kefka.

Zeromus
07-25-2006, 07:43 AM
I would like to see Celes with no more chance than learning float killing dying beasts at the island on the WoR, and then using float to reach the continent... but MP its not enough and then she dies on the sea...
I would like to see Shadow naked...
I would like we have the chance to kill the NPCs and characters we dont like... have u ever wanted to kill that stupid sprite who doesnt let u pass to the place u wanna go, just because he is programmed to walk like a stupid doing nothing???... i would like to kill a lot of NPCs... like the ones that run and scream like chikens when Sabin is with a house on his hands and u are with celes trying to save that child on Albrook. :P ...then kill the child too... (but i supose if celes dies u wont have to play that part again...) :tongue:
Another thing: Terra have to die at the end...

:P... nah, it would be nice... ...but seriously... i only hope they put a harder Kefka final battle, cause the final battle on the snes version is too easy... and maybe, more Shadow and Relm dreams would be nice too...

playaGAW
07-26-2006, 05:18 AM
I would like to see more towns and storyline. Sidequests that aren't just dungeons too.

Fireblade13
08-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Choose your dificulty lvl so that newbies can play and hard cores can get their challenge.

New dungeons which come after the game and have decent Random encounters (hated the FF1 dungeons).

Full storyline with censory.

Mirage
08-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Why change the game at all (apart from the mblock bug)? Also, fixing the sketching bugs, and the vanish+doom bugs etc etc would be nice... But I've wanted just a barebone port of this game for as long as I can remember. This is the single greatest game to happen to me, and I actually like how everything is. There are plenty of rumors for your imagination to have fun with on the things that aren't explained (Gogo = Daryl?! ROMG!), and if you change too many things, it quickly changes things. Characters lose motivation, and thus personality.

Although, improved colliseum would be nice, I'd have to admit.

Oh, and for he whom asked, the evade% doesn't actually work. instead, the game figures your mblock% as your evade%, making in for some god-like behavior.

Terra is UNSTOPPABLE! *kefka laugh*
...I never noticed. But then again, when I make a build that relies on %evade and %mblock, I boost them both to more than 100%. I'll have to test this out.

Avarice-ness
08-03-2006, 06:44 PM
I would like to choose if I want to save Relm from burning.

Skarr
08-07-2006, 08:15 PM
I think some good points have been made. All I'll ask for is an alternate ending (honestly, I didn't like the ending all that much).

LordKefka
08-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm so anxiously awaiting this game that I had to register just to chime in.

Story was incredibly central to this game, so more more more!
-Explain what the deal was with Seigfried and Ziegfried.
-Side quest of finding out what happened to the Returners after the World is thrown in Ruin
-More hints as to the identity of Gogo.
-Make Shadows dreams worth something. I'd like to see a more definite ending. I know the original idea was he dies at the end. But the text made it seem like he wanted to live (in order not to depress kids). I'd like to see a "suicidal shadow" ending in it's entirety. BUT! If you gather all the dreams they could keep the original text and see Clyde walking through the countryside after the end credits.
-More on how Kefka got so deranged. It's supposed to start with him being the first experiment case for magic-infusing.

I'd like to see them touch up the text ala FFIV. Keep the classic lines "Son of a submariner!" while giving the spells back their proper names.

Music player of course.

I loved the extra dungeon from FFIV with the new weapons and baddies. Toss in some of that and see if it can't be worked into an Epilogue story. Maybe cross over villains from other FF's.

Don't make the game easier. The other FFGBA's have seemed too easy and disappointed. If you want to make the game tougher, eliminate the "Vanish/X-Zone" combo. Too easy.

Dignified Pauper
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm so anxiously awaiting this game that I had to register just to chime in.

Story was incredibly central to this game, so more more more!
-Explain what the deal was with Seigfried and Ziegfried.
-Side quest of finding out what happened to the Returners after the World is thrown in Ruin
-More hints as to the identity of Gogo.
-Make Shadows dreams worth something. I'd like to see a more definite ending. I know the original idea was he dies at the end. But the text made it seem like he wanted to live (in order not to depress kids). I'd like to see a "suicidal shadow" ending in it's entirety. BUT! If you gather all the dreams they could keep the original text and see Clyde walking through the countryside after the end credits.
-More on how Kefka got so deranged. It's supposed to start with him being the first experiment case for magic-infusing.

I'd like to see them touch up the text ala FFIV. Keep the classic lines "Son of a submariner!" while giving the spells back their proper names.

Music player of course.

I loved the extra dungeon from FFIV with the new weapons and baddies. Toss in some of that and see if it can't be worked into an Epilogue story. Maybe cross over villains from other FF's.

Don't make the game easier. The other FFGBA's have seemed too easy and disappointed. If you want to make the game tougher, eliminate the "Vanish/X-Zone" combo. Too easy.

Siegfried and zeigfried, agreed
side quest for returners, agreed.
Gogo is Adlai Stevenson
Shadow can live, just wait for him at the end of floating island where it gives you that option he appears just in the nick of time.
that's not a supposed, that is how he got deranged. A soldier in Vector's cafe tells you so.

i don't think the vanish/x-zone made the game easy, rather it was a nice cheat, but i didn't exploit it. I would make some monsters tougher, and add in some extra sweet items.

Roto13
09-11-2006, 08:55 PM
I-Make Shadows dreams worth something. I'd like to see a more definite ending. I know the original idea was he dies at the end. But the text made it seem like he wanted to live (in order not to depress kids). I'd like to see a "suicidal shadow" ending in it's entirety. BUT! If you gather all the dreams they could keep the original text and see Clyde walking through the countryside after the end credits.

Shadow can live, just wait for him at the end of floating island where it gives you that option he appears just in the nick of time.

Yeah, but he kills himself at the end of the game, anyway.

Jowy
09-11-2006, 11:39 PM
no relm burning plz <3

Extra dungeons and possibly some more story given to Strago and Relm. Or new accessories for Umaro that make him do more crazy stuff.

LunarWeaver
09-12-2006, 12:31 AM
A new line of dialogue from Terra that says, "But you're the main character, Locke," just to make everybody mad.

Sylvie
09-12-2006, 12:48 AM
A new line of dialogue from Terra that says, "But you're the main character, Locke," just to make everybody mad.
<3

Dignified Pauper
09-12-2006, 01:09 AM
no relm burning plz <3

Extra dungeons and possibly some more story given to Strago and Relm. Or new accessories for Umaro that make him do more crazy stuff.

agreed.

i also think that if there is an extra dungeon then it should be insanely difficult.

Xaven
09-12-2006, 04:26 AM
In the WoR, you should be left with Relm, not Celes. ...And you should'nt have to rescue anyone. >:D

LordKefka
09-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Well, I wasn't clear enough. I do know that waiting around keeps him alive for the 2nd half of the game. Also, he was supposed to stay on Kefka's sinking ship of an island to atone for his past. But it's very muddled in the American version. He comes forward at the end (when you confront Kefka) and sounds off about finding love and friendship again....making it seem like he's reconnected to that previously dead part of himself that allowed human connection. Then he tells Interceptot (if I recall correctly) that he wants to "start again". I'd like to see them clarify this. If he's gonna off himself, don't make it seem like he's re-connected to people, especially Relm. I'd like to see it be context sensitive. Like if keep the Figaro brothers apart during certain cut scenes how they get moody. But if you explore all his dreams and do something like equip Shadow and Relm with the Memento Ring then you see a little epilogue of him alive at the end. But that's just me.

Oh, and I did read all that stuff about Gogo being Adlai Stevenson a long time ago. Good memory on that, I almost forgot :D Thumbs up.

I can't wait to have the music player feature in that game. I love this games soundtrack.

Roto13
09-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I just... torrented the soundtrack. I'm not going to use my GBA as a music player. :P

Clord
09-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Card game, better final battle (boss gonna do more damage and survive more than few hits in each part). Few new "secret" characters from 3D Final Fantasy games.

Thane
09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Card game, better final battle (boss gonna do more damage and survive more than few hits in each part). Few new "secret" characters from 3D Final Fantasy games.

The final battle would most likely be easier, so don't count on it being harder :( And they should make Squall and the onion knight playable characters :D That would be awesome! And they should make a mini story that let's you play as General Leo.