PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite tune from FF7?

Badge
06-05-2006, 04:31 PM
For my birthday I got the ff7 soundtrack and it's so great cus each song you hear you can remember what place you were at in the game. What is your favourite tune from ff7?

Mine has to be Cosmo Cannyon (i can play it on the recorder hehe)

Twilight Edge
06-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Great Warrior,Aeris' Theme,Cid's theme and One winged Angel.

Dell
06-05-2006, 05:15 PM
MIDI: Theme~Aeris, Theme~Cloud, Theme~World Map before Meteor was launched, J-E-N-O-V-A, Battle Arena
MP3: Pure Heart performed by Rikki (Theme~Aeris)

I didn't like One-Winged Angel so I prefer OtherWorld in this.

TRANS_AM409
06-05-2006, 08:20 PM
I like the regular boss music that electric guitar is cool.

Aralith
06-06-2006, 04:26 AM
In order: One Winged Angel, Aerith's Theme, Main Theme, Still More Fighting (boss theme), Crazy Motorcycle, and Fighting (battle theme)

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Interrupted by Fireworks, Still More Fighting, J-E-N-O-V-A, Birth of a God, Cait Sith's Theme, The Nightmare Begins, Descendant of the Shinobi, Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony, Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII, Aerith's Theme, The Promised Land, and many others that I probably can't remember right now.

Crossblades
06-06-2006, 03:04 PM
I like the Cosmo Canyon theme. The Wutai theme as well

Diddy21
07-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Without a doubt the victory battle tune! When u when a battle.

Shiny
07-03-2006, 03:25 AM
One Winged Angel
Cosmo Canyon
Aeris's theme
Cid's theme
Tifa's theme

Starcrest
07-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Highwind, Tifa's theme, Still More Fighting, and Fanfare ^_^

Carl the Llama
07-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Aeris theme, Divinity I+II (AC) One Winged Angel, Great Warrior, Violator (also AC)

Sefie1999AD
07-03-2006, 10:33 AM
There's many great songs in the soundtrack, though my favorites seem to be One-Winged Angel, Aerith's Theme, Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII, Tifa's Theme, Cid's Theme, Interrupted by Fireworks and Weapon Raid.

Emerald weapon
07-03-2006, 03:16 PM
i dont know the name of it but the song which is played when your in the north crater where sephiroth is encrystaled in mako and cloud gives him the black materia,its also played in the north crater were the magic pots are,thats my first one

second is JENOVA SYNTHESIS theme

third is cids theme

fourth is vincents theme

Peter_20
07-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Tifa's Theme
Aeris' Theme
Still More Fighting
Vincent's Theme
One Winged Angel

Sefie1999AD
07-03-2006, 06:25 PM
i dont know the name of it but the song which is played when your in the north crater where sephiroth is encrystaled in mako and cloud gives him the black materia,its also played in the north crater were the magic pots are,thats my first one

I think that song is Reunion (Disc 3 Track 22). I can attach a midi file here so you can make sure.

the_lunchbox
07-08-2006, 06:09 PM
one winged angel :eek:

loinharte
07-12-2006, 12:40 AM
cosmo canyon was freaken awesome i love that tune

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-12-2006, 10:39 AM
I think that Jenova batle song is the best.

Hambone
07-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Aerith's theme.

Gullick
07-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Cids theme =)

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Interrupted by Fireworks, J-E-N-O-V-A, Cait Sith's Theme, Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony, Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII, Aerith's Theme.
To add to that Cids theme, One Winged Angel and the Turks theme.
Also what was the song where Cait Sith is going to sacrifice himself in the Temple of the Ancients? That one really moved me to tears.

Aralith
07-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Oh man! I can't believe that I forgot this song in my earlier post. Interupted by Fireworks. Can't say exactly where it fits, but definitely one of the most beautiful songs on the soundtrack (of course the most beautiful is Aerith's Theme). Love that song.

Sefie1999AD
07-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Interrupted by Fireworks, J-E-N-O-V-A, Cait Sith's Theme, Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony, Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII, Aerith's Theme.
To add to that Cids theme, One Winged Angel and the Turks theme.
Also what was the song where Cait Sith is going to sacrifice himself in the Temple of the Ancients? That one really moved me to tears.

Oh man! I can't believe that I forgot this song in my earlier post. Interupted by Fireworks. Can't say exactly where it fits, but definitely one of the most beautiful songs on the soundtrack (of course the most beautiful is Aerith's Theme). Love that song.

The song when Cait Sith sacrifices himself in the Temple of the Ancients (when he says things like "Don't forget me even if another Cait Sith comes along") is "Interrupted by Fireworks". It also plays during Cloud's date with Aeris/Tifa/Yuffie when they're riding on the gondola, and in Mideel when Tifa hears that a guy with a spiky hair, a long sword and blue Mako eyes had washed up there (before she saw how Cloud had ended up in a wheelchair).

Aralith
07-13-2006, 09:29 AM
The song when Cait Sith sacrifices himself in the Temple of the Ancients (when he says things like "Don't forget me even if another Cait Sith comes along") is "Interrupted by Fireworks". It also plays during Cloud's date with Aeris/Tifa/Yuffie when they're riding on the gondola, and in Mideel when Tifa hears that a guy with a spiky hair, a long sword and blue Mako eyes had washed up there (before she saw how Cloud had ended up in a wheelchair).
Oh, I see how this could be confused. I merely meant I don't know where it fits in my favorite pieces, as in my last post I had an order to them in which I liked them. I know where it plays. The date with Aerith (I never went out with anyone else) has always been one of the things that sticks in my mind about VII. The scene was done so beautifully, dialogue and everything, and the music just heightened the beauty all the more.

G SpOtZ
07-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Chocobo Racing.

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks for that Sephiroth1999AD. I knew it was one I liked already, but the name wasnt registering! Thankies :D

MysticD
07-16-2006, 09:35 AM
OWA.TeH RoXxOrZ.:)

Dreddz
07-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Reunion
A Secret Sleeping Deep In The Sea
Anxious Heart
Flowers Blooming In The Church
On That Day 5 Years Ago
Interrupted By Fireworks

All great songs, FFVII definately had the best music in a FF game.

Thorn
07-17-2006, 02:20 PM

I disagree, FF9 is widely considered as having the best music.

-FF9
-FF7
-FF10
-FF8

IMO.

Btw you guys gotta get over "One Winged Angel".

"omfg oen winged angel is the best coztis has sepyh in it"

I could've appreciated it before 50'000 people rammed that into my head. Now the CLASSICS would have to be.

>Bomb Theme (Very start of game)
>Rocket (Cid)
>J-E-N-O-V-A (Quite good)
and last but not least
>FF7 battle theme

~SapphireStar~
07-17-2006, 02:49 PM
No, not everyone likes One Winged Angel cause Seph is in it ... Its a great classical piece of music and is very powerful and dramatic. People didnt ram it into your head, we didnt force you to listen to it. You chose to. And 9 is widelt considered the best? Evidence please. Or is this just your opinion, you cant account for a mass.

Thorn
07-17-2006, 03:32 PM
No, not everyone likes One Winged Angel cause Seph is in it ... Its a great classical piece of music and is very powerful and dramatic. People didnt ram it into your head, we didnt force you to listen to it. You chose to. And 9 is widelt considered the best? Evidence please. Or is this just your opinion, you cant account for a mass.

I think you've missed my point. By me saying that the "song is rammed into my head" implys that people overly exagerate how great it is and feel its nessecarry to remind me wenever i mention Ff7. Trust me, I wouldnt chose to listen to that song very often.

And 9 being considered the best is from word of mouth. Surveys within friends and polls from other forums ive visited. Obviously "widely" implys that others share my opinon.

~SapphireStar~
07-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Yes but have you spoken to every last person on the planet to require this inforamtion? I dont think so, so it cant be considered the best because you have spoken to a few people and seen a few polls. At the end of the day its opinions and I see 9 nowhere near the best, IMO 7, 8 or X2.

Rokk
07-17-2006, 09:39 PM
..erm.. anyway favourite tunes...

Weapon Theme (Forgets name) - You know the one where diamond weapon attacks Midgar..

ShinRa Theme

One-Winged Angel

Hey i'm getting deja-vu here, must of done one of these posts before..:confused:

Thorn
07-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Yes but have you spoken to every last person on the planet to require this inforamtion? I dont think so, so it cant be considered the best because you have spoken to a few people and seen a few polls. At the end of the day its opinions and I see 9 nowhere near the best, IMO 7, 8 or X2.

Now your being the one narrow minded, just because you so strongly prefer other FF music over 9 (which is fine) doesnt mean that its impossible that others might prefer it.

The people and polls were legitimate, as soon as I figure out where to place a poll like "Which game has best music?" and find out what this forum thinks. I will belevive that FF9 is considered by the best, not just me, but the majority.

Anyway to be on topic...ahh...FF7 boss theme is also good, but not amazing.

~SapphireStar~
07-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Now your being the one narrow minded, just because you so strongly prefer other FF music over 9 (which is fine) doesnt mean that its impossible that others might prefer it.
How am I being narrow minded? I never said it was impossible for others to like other OSTs. I said 9 nowhere near ranks as good IMO. And that you couldnt know what the entire world thinks of 9. Ends here, take this crap to PMs if you must.

Agreedish, comes second for me.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-18-2006, 02:24 AM
i like areis theme music in the forgotten city its so full of emption and alot happens.

Goldenboko
07-18-2006, 02:58 AM
One Winged Angel... duh!

Thorn
07-18-2006, 06:40 AM
How am I being narrow minded? I never said it was impossible for others to like other OSTs. I said 9 nowhere near ranks as good IMO. And that you couldnt know what the entire world thinks of 9. Ends here, take this crap to PMs if you must.

Agreedish, comes second for me.

I based your "being narrowminded" in the same way as you implied i was.

The only chance that 9 mighten be the most popular, is because the game itself isnt considered close to 7,8 or 10. If you listen to the best 10 songs of FF9 and the best 10 songs of FF7 in a playlist. I think that people will say.

"Hmmm I like this 9 music better"

But because ff7 is a more magical and exciting game, it gets remebered for the music. If One winged angel was played at any other time besides vs. sephiroth, people would not appreciate as much.

My point being is that because ff7 is more popular and has been played through more times, players can remeber the songs moreso than the ff9 songs. If ff9 was as popular as ff7, I think people would say it's better.

BardTard
07-18-2006, 07:01 AM
One-Winged Angel, Aerith's Theme, J-E-N-O-V-A and Cid's Theme

RoBoDunK
07-23-2006, 05:33 AM
The game's theme song, u know when u first start the game.

Comet
08-02-2006, 12:22 AM
the best theme is in the forgotten city (The Planets Cry) and the battle music when you fight J-E-N-O-V-A for the last time

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 12:14 PM
To Thorn - FFIX isnt considered to have the best music, none of them are. Lots of people didnt like FFIX's music, me being part of them. Just by reading this forum for years I'd say FFVIII would be considered to have the best music, but thats just my opinion and an opinion means little if your trying to say its fact.

Duncan
08-02-2006, 04:59 PM
For me it's:

Anxious Heart
Tifa's Theme
Fighting
Flowers Blooming in the Church
Still More Fighting
Main Theme
J-E-N-O-V-A
Life Stream
Descendant of Shinobi
Cid's Theme
Aeris' Theme
One-Winged Angel

Not necessarily in that order.

smooth1
08-02-2006, 09:10 PM
My top 5 tunes from the game are

Aeris Theme

J-e-n-o-v-a

Ahead on our way

Cid's theme

birth of a god

There are more but these come to mind

Cipher
08-02-2006, 09:39 PM
mmm Let's see. My favorite songs are (ranked from Absolute Favorite to 6th favorite):

Interrupted By Fireworks (I agree with whomever said that this was a song that stood out from the crowd, especially during the date with Aeris. I'd go so far as to say definitive).

Anxious Hearts

Judgement Day

On That Day, 5 Years Ago

Aeris Theme (the orchestrated version is the best)

Tifa's Theme (Piano, not midi)

On a slightly unrelated note, have any of you ever gone over to ocremix.org? They've got this grunge remix of Judgement Day called 'Seven Degrees of Judgement'...and a very very pretty version of Interrupted by Fireworks called 'Acoustic Fireworks'. There's also a version of the Temple of the Ancients theme that made me appreciate the song.

Omnislash07
08-02-2006, 11:49 PM
my favs would be (in no specific order)

Cosmo Canyon
Aerith's Theme
Great Warrior
One Winged Angel
Sending a Dream Into the Universe

also I've read in several magazines that FF 6 was thought by many to be Nobuo Uematsu's (the dude that did the soundtrack for just about every FF) best work. Although I would have to disagree because I really liked the FF 8 soundtrack out of all.

Ozmoid
08-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I didn't like one wiged angel, although i did think it was the world map/highwind theme (C-D-E-B--A) as youo can fit the words into the tune. I did like J-E-N-O-V-A, Battle theme, Aeriths theme and the nibelhiem music.

mortallegons
08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
dudes and dudets if there are any the moterbike theem is like the ultimate tune 4 final fantasy 7 tho the 1 winged angel is also good

The Knights of the Round
08-11-2006, 04:55 AM
i like the cosmo canyon, but i cant really think of any of the other ones so there might be another i like better. and i know its off topic but man that heavy metal song (otherworld) in FFX for the battle against tidus dad jeckt. that heavy stuff makes me think of Metallica!!!! yeah

unfairmaiden
08-12-2006, 02:09 AM
Mostly the Turks' theme song but Seto's theme is waaaay up there too

Neo_Bahamut11
08-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Cosmo Canyon great music and it reminds me of reds dad poor guy :cry:
Tifa theme and Aeris theme if that is how u spell it. i just loved it a at the start of the game in the slums every thing was a mess but the song made it kinder happy.

oh and i herd a disgustion about ff9 and ff7 music well i have 2 agree that 7 has sum of the best music i think 10 has got sum good tracks 2 and 8 with eye on me that was ok bit sloopy though i think ff9 is diffrent and i think it is like marmite u either hate it or love it it was kinder medevil music i like 1 of the tracks hidden libary i think and their is also nother 1 i cant think of the name of but i think its wot ever rocks your boat 7 appels 2 me cuz of memorys.

sorry i no im saying alot anyway i just thought id ask dose any1 no were u can get the ff7 piano collection in music sheets or any of the music cuz i cant find it in shops and i want 2 learn it on piano anyway thanks

Project G
08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
One winged angel, the boss theme, the song that goes with the motorbike minigame, the last boss theme and the Turks theme

Xxxxx

Callum