PDA

View Full Version : Ebay can make you a bag of nerves!

~SapphireStar~
06-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Im currently watching an item that ends in 8 minutes on Ebay and my stomach has butterflies! I hate bidding, I'd rather buy items now! Its a horrid feeling cause you build your hopes up on winning an item and when you dont its a nasty feeling, but when you do! YES!!! Sure relief and happiness!

Does anyone else get like this with Ebay?

Roto13
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I make it a policy to only Buy Now on eBay.

~SapphireStar~
06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
JUST WON MY ITEMS!!!!
Sweet, my heart is going like a drum!

Loony BoB
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Haha, been there, done that. The PAL versions of Suikoden & Suikoden II were like golddust - there were certainly no buy-it-nows the month I went looking for them. But I eventually went into a massive bidding wore, and those suckers cost me about £60-70 each. That's some expensive gamin', right there. I'll sell them for a profit, though, someday.

Buy It Now is pretty much all I go for on eBay these days. I don't use it extremely often, though - I think I've only bought around 20 or so items in the four years I've been using it.

Winning Bleys' wood was certainly a highlight of my eBaying times.

SammieBabe
06-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah. I got tired of getting distracted and losing things at the last minute, so Buy It Now is the way to go for me....:)

Croyles
06-05-2006, 05:25 PM
im bidding for a set of all the Patrick O'Brian (author of Master and Commander) books of the Aubrey series which you can mostly only buy in hardback at about 400 EUR. Im (currently) getting them second (still good condition) hand for 5.24 EUR + P&P if my bid in the final 5 seconds works out. Ive done it like that loads of times, and mostly been succesful! Only 2 more hours to go, and no one really knows these books that well, so...
Its too good to be true! I dont know what the hell the guy is thinking.
And to actually answer your question, yeah i do get the nerves! Only when its something I really want though or if its something rare im getting for a friend/relative

Leeza
06-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Doesn't make me a bag of nerves, but it does irk me when someone sneaks in quicker than I do in the last few seconds with a higher bid. :cat:

Old Manus
06-05-2006, 05:53 PM
I always bid in the last 7 seconds. That way no-one has time to out-bid me.
qft

Zeldy
06-05-2006, 06:16 PM
At around Christmas, my parent's were bidding on a Rasmus hoodie. It got to around £30 as people get bidding, and I was winning until the LAST SECOND. It said "You are the winner - One second left" and then I refreshed the page, and it said "You lost the item". How do they sleep at night :(

Im glad I lost it, as my parents did win another Rasmus hoodie that the price didn't go as high.

Dreddz
06-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I always bid in the last 7 seconds. That way no-one has time to out-bid me.

Tasura
06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Buy now > Bidding

I bid on something, and forgot about it due to BG2, and lost it =(

~SapphireStar~
06-05-2006, 06:56 PM
What annoys me is people start placing bids on the day the items put on auction. So frustrating cause by the time its close to ending the price is huge. But sometimes people who put a bid in days ago tend to forget about the item, thats how I managed to get my lot!

rubah
06-05-2006, 07:15 PM
I have never used ebay in my life, but I used to almost get that way when I did like neopets auctions!

starseeker
06-05-2006, 08:17 PM
I have never used ebay in my life, but I used to almost get that way when I did like neopets auctions!

Ditto

Shlup
06-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I was pretty antsy when bidding on my wedding shoes. I couldn't find them for sale anywhere else and I wanted THOSE ones! I had to be at work when the auction ended, so I had to rely on my boyfriend to win the auction for me. And he did. :love:

KentaRawr!
06-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Ebay bidding? I used to do that. My brother and I got tons of stuff on ebay. Megaman X4 for the Sega Saturn and Playstation, Saga Frontier (He spent MY money on it. :mad: ), Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension, lots of Anime (lol bootlegz), a rom disc (>_> We gots duped.), Dreamcast games, etc.

We used to get everything from ebay. Then half.com was introduced to us. :)

Zeromus_X
06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
I've only bought one thing on Ebay, and it was cool to win a bid for the first time. Of course, other than that, I never won again. ><; I prefer Amazon for 'buy it now'.

Dignified Pauper
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
without reading this thread, i hardly think that ebay can make me a bag made out of nerves. I already have a book bag.

Fire_Emblem776
06-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Doesn't make me a bag of nerves, but it does irk me when someone sneaks in quicker than I do in the last few seconds with a higher bid. :cat:

Ive been their several times -_-

Goodbye FF VIII:cry:

~SapphireStar~
06-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Does half.com ship to the UK?

Tasura
06-06-2006, 02:32 AM
I've only bought one thing on Ebay, and it was cool to win a bid for the first time. Of course, other than that, I never won again. ><; I prefer Amazon for 'buy it now'.

eBay has a buy it now nutton on some stuff too, after I lsot the bid, I bought what i lost from someone else with the buy it now button.

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Yeah, but it's a bit expensive. (Then again, I do bid on things that are blown out of proportion later in the time limit.)

Strider
06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
A couple years ago, I tried buying tickets to a Sharks game in the Western Conference finals. I had it all lined up and then some homeboy put in a higher bid with about two seconds left. I was so mad.

Chaos
06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I get so nervous bidding and I only do Buy it Now!!
No, I was bidding on some Reading Festival tickets the other year....I always wait till the last 30 seconds or so befoer i start bidding...pip people to the post. Hehe.

Hambone
06-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Im currently watching an item that ends in 8 minutes on Ebay and my stomach has butterflies! I hate bidding, I'd rather buy items now! Its a horrid feeling cause you build your hopes up on winning an item and when you dont its a nasty feeling, but when you do! YES!!! Sure relief and happiness!

Does anyone else get like this with Ebay?
I do. And I always lose! I use my mom's account and she always makes me bid. I'm like, "Mom, I don't have a chance of losing if I just but it now!" And she says "But it's cheaper to Bid." Grrrr!

~SapphireStar~
06-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Ive just bought another load of books. There was one bid of $3.01 (£1.25) from 3 days ago and an 1 hour and 53 minutes to go, I decided to place a bid of $15 (£7). I thought the guy would forget, but about 4 seconds to go, he placed a bid on of $5.01 and cause I had entered a high bid an hour before, my bid went up to $5.51, so I beat him by 50p! And including p&p its £8 in total which isnt bad for books that havent come to the UK!