PDA

View Full Version : Important: RSL is on his lunch break.

themagicroundabout
06-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that RSL is on his lunch break at the minute, a well earned break imo.
Anyway, to give this thread a topic, what do you do in your lunch break? Do you polish up your chess skills? Do you go out shopping and eat buttered scones? Do you simply sit and wait for the lunch break to end? Do you enjoy lunch breaks? Do you detest them? What is your general opinion of lunch breaks? etc. etc.

project X
06-05-2006, 06:34 PM
At work, my lunch break is 30 minutes usually, so I have enough time to drive somewhere close by (I work in a mall) and eat extremely fast and speed back. I'm usually late a couple of minutes, though. And at school I don't have a lunch break. :)

Shauna
06-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Lunch breaks are too long. I'm usually bored to death by the end of them. :(

Roto13
06-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I have an hour long lunch break and three free periods. I still work for half the break and all three periods. This is after my four hours of class.

Jess
06-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I eat. :jess:

rubah
06-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I have a dinnertime break, not a lunch break, so I go out for fifteen minutes and am glad to sit down for the first time in hours and eat my Whatta-burger quietly. Or sometimes talk if there's other people out there too.

Zeldy
06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I love them. My stomach is usually growling in the lesson before it, and me and all my friends RUN to the dining rooms and eat Healthy Pasta. B) We only have 2 Chip days a week :(

Then depending on the weather, if its sunny; we all go on the field around the sandpit and talk and, in my case, sing and dance.

If its rainy, we all stay at the bottom of school near the gates -- Its like our own little area.

Resha
06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Ah, lunch break! A wonderful time of greasy school chips and other assortments of foul-looking, foul-tasting food! Food, glorious food is the operative. I lounge. Sometimes I play basketball. I never play football because the boys are too mean and it's an inequal world.

Mostly I just eat those greasy fries and waffle endlessly. (Sometimes I do my homework ^_^)

The Triumphant Hero
06-05-2006, 07:11 PM
On my lunch break I sleep. Or write. Or work on my work. Or just about anything else except eating lunch.

Spiffing Cheese
06-05-2006, 07:20 PM
My lunchtimes lately have consisted of maths revision. But usually I eat food and hang out around the back of the school buildings with people. Sometimes I throw the gross food I buy and then the seagulls come down and scare me and then I don't throw food anymore. :(

Lost Number
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
My lunchtimes lately have consisted of maths revision.
Ditto.

SammieBabe
I eat. I'm starving most of the time anyway....

Rye
I eat and hang out with my friends. :)

Levian
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I spew blood on infants in my lunch break.

starseeker
06-05-2006, 08:15 PM
I sit in the library, or if the weather's nice, on the field; and read a book. This is after I get a sugar high from my school's cantine food.

Rase
06-08-2006, 07:14 AM

That's pretty much me. Whenever I work lunch, people seem to come in droves, and so I have to eat quick, as usually I'm the only one there. :cry:

Psydekick
06-08-2006, 07:39 AM
At skool i just run around like a nutter!

~Sora!

Hambone
06-08-2006, 07:43 AM
At school they give us 30 minutes. We have to stay inside the cafeteria (it's middle school. I'm in 6th grade. Fixing to be in 7th.) so I finished my lunch within 10 minutes, then I talked to my friend Zach until I had to go to 4th period. (P.E) I can't believe I had P.E right after lunch. Eww. Thank Santa it's summer vacation. I hope I don't have P.E right after lunch in 7th grade. :(

~*~Celes~*~
06-08-2006, 08:33 AM
during my lunch break at school, I'm always too involved with making weird jokes with my friends to really care...Our school's food looks like cow dung sometimes though o.o

CloudDragon
06-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I don't get lunch breaks. To be honest I've never gotten breaks at my job...couldn't I sue or something like that?

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-08-2006, 09:31 AM
I want to point out that from the forum main view the topic title reads "Important: RSL is on his..." and the only word I could think of to finish that was "period".

Just thought I'd share.

Cz
06-08-2006, 09:35 AM
I just eat, because I'm old-school like that. :cool:

CloudDragon
06-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I want to point out that from the forum main view the topic title reads "Important: RSL is on his..." and the only word I could think of to finish that was "period".

Just thought I'd share.

Well it actually did say that until a few minutes again when it was changed back to lunch break...ha ha...

Levian
06-08-2006, 02:22 PM

Just thought I'd share.

I was thinking pill myself.

RSL
06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
How did I miss this thread? When you said you announced this in general chat that one day, I thought you were joking! Oh my.

Um, I'm on my lunch break again. I often come home to eat and browse the internet for a bit.

Tavrobel
06-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Lucky you guys, all I get is a twelve minute running spree to get to my locker (well, I used to) and change my books for the second half of the day. I haven't used that lunch break to eat since Freshman year.

Of course, for some reason, lunch break often involves math...

Chaos
06-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Uh, if I'm at college its an hour lunch break...it either involves sitting in a sweltering hot canteen eating my hastily packed lunch, or walking into town, eating my hastily packed lunch only to walk back when I realise I dont need to be in town.

If I'm at work its either a quick jaunt to Subway to get a sammich or just sit downstairs in the office eating me food and reading photography or science magazines. Heh. I only get 45 minutes for lunch at work though, and I always have to take it around 2 or 2.30 so Im always very very hungry.

You should be hungry at lunch time.

Reine
06-09-2006, 02:48 AM
My lunch break rocks. Since I work at a games store, I naturally get to use the consoles in the back, and test out games that im interested in.

Hawkeye
06-09-2006, 02:51 AM
I eat and watch TV, and socialize with fellow employees.

XxSephirothxX
06-09-2006, 02:59 AM
I sit in the back of the library, like I often do when I'm on the clock, but eat food while I'm talking instead of just talking. :D

kikimm
06-09-2006, 02:59 AM
I eat quickly, and do my homework for the last two classes of the day. I hate using the time to do my homework, but I'm so lazy. And when I still haven't finished work by 11 the night before, thinking "Oh, I have 45 minutes to do it at lunch tomorrow" always sounds like an awesome idea.

VorpalCyberWolf
06-09-2006, 05:58 PM

kidney / theif
06-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Sleep.
( Atleast I would if I had a job. )
:cat:

NeoCracker
06-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I'd like to take this opprotunity to say RSL deserves no break.

During my lunch breaks I avoid people, eat, then go back to work.