PDA

View Full Version : Indecisiveness.

Spammerman
06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Im being very indecisive so I need help choosing between
A)F.E.A.R
OR
B)RE 4

Both are very appealing to me. There a a lot of things to kill, nerve racking(to me) because I dont know when things aer gonna pop out of the wall or somethin, somewhat wide range of weapon(I think) and good graphics.

RE 4 also has

different costumes
not fps so i know if something is coming from behind before it hits me
unlockables that kick butt
and more...

F.E.A.R
multi-player online
scarier(mi a easily frightened gamer when it comes to these things(it moves i kill)
and more...

any help plz, and if you say re 4 please specify which console its on.

Dreddz
06-05-2006, 08:54 PM
FEAR is better in my opinion, RE4 is a good game, and im sure most will choose that over FEAR, but I was never amazed by RE4, I still enjoyed it though.
I have only played FEAR once, and that was at a friends house. And i'd still pick it over RE4.

Slothy
06-05-2006, 10:20 PM
I've only played the FEAR demo to be honest, but it impressed me more than all of RE4. I found RE4 to get extremely monotonous. I stopped caring about the game about half way through and only finished it (months later no less) simply to have it over and done with and in the hope it would pick up again. It didn't. I liked the gameplay overall, but only for the first few hours, but after that the game overstayed it's welcome and was easily twice as long as it should have been given the relative lack of variety and depth in the gameplay. There were other things that bothered me aside from the tedium of killing waves of extremely similar enemies for hours on end though. The inability to strafe becomes extremely annoying after awhile. It just doesn't feel right and can lead to the enemies landing some cheap shots from time to time. The aiming is also problematic since the laser sight only shows up on things you can damage by shooting. This means you'll often find yourself having a very hard time aiming at anything that isn't withing a few feet of you. I usually ended up waving my gun around wildly in the general direction of a distant enemy until the sight finally showed up on them. You've also got a boring story and terrible voice acting to deal with.

Like I said, I've only played the FEAR demo so take this with a grain of salt, but it impressed me more than RE4 ever managed to. It's definitely my pick.

DeathKnight
06-06-2006, 03:42 AM
RE4 wins this hands down.

Spammerman
06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
thnks, and Vivi, if you can hit it with a laser sight, use the bolt action rifle, a sniper gun.

Carmilla
06-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Resident Evil 4.

Its one of the best games ive played in recent years. :mog:

Roto13
06-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I haven't played FEAR, but RE 4 is supposedly one of the greatest games ever made.

Slothy
06-06-2006, 10:06 PM
thnks, and Vivi, if you can hit it with a laser sight, use the bolt action rifle, a sniper gun.

Unfortunately, I was talking about it being a pain to aim at enemies close enough that you shouldn't need a sniper rifle. In fact, there are very few points in the game where the bolt action sniper rifle should be necessary if the laser sight actually showed up on everything. Heck, I can only think of one point in the game where it was absolutely necessary which was a bit of a problem for me since I had missed picking it up earlier and hadn't bothered to buy it (like I said, it just isn't necessary for 99.99% of the game and is often just a pain to use simply because enemies are too close or too many for a scoped weapon to give you a good view of what's going on). But the main point I was trying to get at with this is that it shouldn't have been difficult to make the laser sight show up on things like walls or doors. The developers just got lazy. Heck, they could have even just given a crosshair instead. Might not be as immersive, but at least it would have worked a lot better.

Spammerman
06-07-2006, 03:59 AM
if u cant get a sight, whip out the shotgun, u get one in the beginin of the game if u look in the first village after all the viallagers atack then the church bell rings

Madame Adequate
06-07-2006, 05:32 AM
It's really not a slur on F.E.A.R. to say RE4 is better. It still leaves a hug scope for other goodness, which F.E.A.R. certainly fits into. Really, you can't go wrong with either of these games. But I do think RE4 is better, and it is one of the better games of this decade, if not necessarily the best. F.E.A.R. is merely 'very good', not a Top 10 contender.

BatChao
06-07-2006, 06:18 AM
Please... not even a contest. RE4 hands down for two very good reasons:
1) RE4 is wwwwaaaayyyy better (either version)
2) RE4 is cheaper (you might be able to get RE4 for GCN & PS2 together for the price of FEAR).

Also, depending on your PC, FEAR may not run that well... but if you can run it fine, you can disregard that. FEAR is good... but definitely not as good as RE4... not even close. For those of you that just played the demo only, let me just say the demo is REALLY good... as a whole, the experience the demo gives you leaves a much better impression on you than the entire game because is squeezes in everything cool about the game into like 15 minutes of action. I played the demo, and I was totally hooked. The full game is pretty much the same experience, but more drawn out, so it gets a bit more monotonous. RE4 is pretty much the greatest game ever... so yea.