PDA

View Full Version : Were you impressed with this game's graphics?

tan
06-05-2006, 09:54 PM
I was, at first, because FFX was my first Final Fantasy, and I thought to myself right when the game began, "Holy crap these people look real!" lol

Mirage
06-05-2006, 10:03 PM
The FMVs were top-notch, but I've seen better ingame graphics. For example in Metal Gear Solid 2.

rubah
06-05-2006, 10:18 PM
it was the first ps2 game I'd seen, so when we hooked it up and the opening scene started, my parents' jaws dropped.

When blitzaball started, my jaw dropped.

Zeromus_X
06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Compared to modern games, it doesn't look too hot.

Well, except for the FMV scenes of course.

Renmiri
06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
FFX was launched in 2000, probably made in 98-99. There has been many advances since then, of course current games can look better (some don't, witness Harry Potter). For the time, it was breathtaking.

It's like watching the original Star Wars. Sure the desert monsters and the ships look lame. But seeing it when there was nothing else like it around, it was awesome!

Fire_Emblem776
06-05-2006, 11:13 PM
I bought FFX before i had a ps2 just to play it.

~SapphireStar~
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
I was very impressed with the games graphics, the FMVs are pure lush.

TurkSlayer
06-05-2006, 11:54 PM
I thought the graphics were great, especially for the time. And the FMV still challenge the new games of today.

Serapy
06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
The FMVs were top-notch, but I've seen better ingame graphics. For example in Metal Gear Solid 2.

If Metal Gear Solid 2 was a type of RPG game, then the game's graphics would be almost the same as FFX or less. Plus Meta Gear Solid 2 is an action game, anyway. Well maybe you are right, because RPG games aren't only for graphics, right? Still, I was very impressed by FFX's graphics and its storylines. Big chap to that game, hehe. Personally, FFX's graphics is better than any other PS2 in games, apart from its FMV though.

~SapphireStar~
06-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Personally, FFX's graphics is better than any other PS2 in games
I personally prefered Dragon Quests and Magna Carta's in game graphics to FFXs.

DiZTewell
06-06-2006, 12:17 AM
i LOVED the graphics for FFX!!! They wer FANTASTIC!!!!!

Serapy
06-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Personally, FFX's graphics is better than any other PS2 in games
I personally prefered Dragon Quests and Magna Carta's in game graphics to FFXs.

Too bad, I haven't played Dragon Quests and Magna Carta =(. Lol, I sound like I'm biased on the matter but doesn't mean I have played all games, well I have played some other PS2 games like GT, Tekken, etc. They aren't as bad as FFX but I think FFX suits the best for me.

kikimm
06-06-2006, 12:53 AM
I think the graphics are SPLENDID. I don't think they're the best I've ever seen, but they're certainly up there. It wasn't jaw-dropping or anything for me, but it was nice to see cutscenes that actually looked pretty good, for once.

Leen-Leen
06-06-2006, 03:30 AM
i was impressed ... those FMVs ... wow ...

Medi
06-06-2006, 03:39 AM
These graphics are amazingly nice. 6 years later they still rival some newer games of today.

Hambone
06-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Wow... it's great to get back on the forums. I forgot how awesome EoFF was.

Anyway...

When I was 8, my brother got a PS2 and FFX for his 12th birthday. I watched him hook it up. He started playing FFX and I thought "OMG this is so boring!" Because we all know how boring final fantasy is when you are not the one playing it. So, I left the room and I started thinking that Final Fantasy sucked. One day, my brother forced me to start a new game. I reluctantly started. But right after the first FMV, I was hooked. The graphics were awesome! My eyes lit up. I became addicted to it. I loved seeing a new FMV. Nobody could get me to stop playing it, and they still can't. My save file on FFX is 278 hours and 53 minutes. Part of the reason why my game is that long is because of the devastating graphics.

Crossblades
06-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I didn't care for the graphics at all. All I care is about gameplay and story

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-06-2006, 04:58 PM
At the moment, I was. I think I was about 7 or 8 when I played it. The first one I played was 7 and teh graphics in that weren't so great but I loved it. And then I got 10 and was amazed. When I first played it my mouth was open the first FMV and when amazed through the rest. I was hooked. Of course a small 7 or 8 year old is amazed by just about anything, but these were my first video games. So I wasnt suprised with 7 until I got into the story :D 10 was amazin for me. It was sureal for me. So yes I was impressed with the graphics :D

Dell
06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
The graphic are amazing but when I see FFXII graphic, I kick FFX.

Anyway, graphic didn't really bother me, I just like Characters, Gameplay and Storyline.

SammieBabe
06-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I think they're great. Sure, more current games have better graphics, but for a game that came out what 4-5 years ago, they're awesome...

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-06-2006, 09:14 PM
at first i thought "awesome!" but since new game's and graphics have been released i've noticed all the flaws :(

but if we're going on first ipressions, then yeh i was impressed

SeeDRankLou
06-06-2006, 09:47 PM
They were pretty awesome. The FMVs were spectacular, and they got rid of that .... fuzzy quality that FMVs had on the PS. In game models were great too, though not perfect, even using the technology that they had at that time.

starseeker
06-06-2006, 10:15 PM
I jst remember thinking that certain places were beautiful (the bridge you can see from the Mi'ihen travel agency, Remien temple and Zanarkand). I thought the graphics were well cool, this is after playing X-2.

IceAngel
06-06-2006, 11:59 PM
At the time I fell in love with the graphics. Obviously other games have come out and maybe better quality graphics but I just love the Final Fantasy style :D. At the time they always seem to be the better graphics designs of the time (if that makes sense). I remember when FF7 came out everyone was like 'WOW' and most people I know today are still like 'WOW' at FFX. I thought the game was beautiful, it still is ~ especially the scenery, and the FMVs....

Laguna
06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
FMV= pretty
Field Screen Graphics= kind of plain ._.

tan
06-07-2006, 03:37 AM
at first i thought "awesome!" but since new game's and graphics have been released i've noticed all the flaws :(

but if we're going on first ipressions, then yeh i was impressed

Me too. After I finished the game and replayed it two years later or so, I noticed all the jerky character movements and how some of the voice acting didn't match up to some of the things that the characters were saying :o

Mirage
06-07-2006, 02:22 PM
They were pretty awesome. The FMVs were spectacular, and they got rid of that .... fuzzy quality that FMVs had on the PS. In game models were great too, though not perfect, even using the technology that they had at that time.
The fuzziness was due to heavy compression using a poor codec :p. With the PS2 they got more processing power, so they could use a more advanced codec, plus more space, so they didn't have to compress as heavily as before.