PDA

View Full Version : Hi Rye, hi PG, hi ~!@~$'']['4|2~F1R3$~@!~

Peegee
06-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Do you call your friends online by their real names, or by their screen names?

I call virtually everybody by their screen names. There are probably exceptions (like if I know them in real life it doesn't make sense to call them by their screen names). You? Me? Pika pika?

Rye
06-05-2006, 10:39 PM
You call me so many online names. xD Like ry ry. And I try to use their real name, but I use screen names sometimes.

Peegee
06-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Do you even know my real name?

Brian The Pink Shark
06-05-2006, 10:41 PM
i call anyone in real life by their real name, but online i'll normally call 'em by their screen name :choc:

Rye
06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Do you even know my real name?

Azn Mike!

Luara
06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
sometimes I do...sometimes I dont...

Strider
06-05-2006, 10:45 PM
I go back and forth, sometimes in the middle of a conversation!

Venom
06-05-2006, 10:47 PM
I dont remember peoples names that well.

So I normally call em by there screen name.

rubah
06-05-2006, 10:48 PM
it depends on who it is.

I call hsu stu for what are hopefully obvious reasons, I call foa and rsl by their screennames because I like those.

I use real names with my MH friends more often, aust, rick, meg. I call Mike Deri because his screenname was Andrei->drei->deri!

it depends really on if their screen name or real name would make a better nick name.

Psychotic
06-05-2006, 10:52 PM
You have to earn the right to have me call you by your real name.

Jack and Shauna are two who have earned this right. Jess hasn't earned it yet though.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-05-2006, 10:53 PM
The in past I've called everybody Betty. In turn, they have called me Al.

Faris
06-05-2006, 10:57 PM
When I speak to the person, but in a group conversation I usually use online names.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-05-2006, 11:03 PM
When I speak to the person, but in a group conversation I usually use online names.
Same, but I will call them by their first name in group convo if everyone knows it or if everyone knows each other by first name.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I usually pick either. Which one I like better I call them by. Like with Rye, I call her either. And I use variations of both sometimes too :D

~SapphireStar~
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Ive been called by my real name afew times, but its mainly been my screen name. I use peoples screen names also.

Cz
06-05-2006, 11:20 PM
It depends which is funnier. :D

Twisted Tinkerbell
06-05-2006, 11:49 PM
It depends, normally cause I'm so used to using screen names I use them.

Jess
06-05-2006, 11:54 PM
You have to earn the right to have me call you by your real name.

Jack and Shauna are two who have earned this right. Jess hasn't earned it yet though.
You tell lies! :(

I call people I don't know very well by their screen names but once I know them better I call them by their real name, unless their screen name sticks. It's kinda strange calling people by their screen name when everybody calls me by my real name...for obvious reasons. :jess:

Mo-Nercy
06-06-2006, 12:05 AM
For some people like sk and DarkFirah, I can use both, but usually I tend to refer to people by abbreviated versions of their screen name.

Roto13
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I definitely prefer to use people's real names when talking to them privately. If I'm referring to someone here or on any other forum, I use their screen name. Like, I don't call Rye "Jess" here, but I do in Live Journal.

KentaRawr!
06-06-2006, 12:08 AM
I use their screen-names, but they use my real name. :shifty: I like Screen-Names more.

kikimm
06-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Depends! If I am talking to them, I'll call them by their real name. If I'm talking ABOUT them, sometimes I will use their screen name, and sometimes I'll use their real name, depending on my mood or who the person is. Like I would never refer to Dan as Kyono or Paul as Psychotic ever, but I would refer to Curtis as themagicroundabout.

:hourglas:

Giga Guess
06-06-2006, 02:39 AM
I definitely prefer to use people's real names when talking to them privately. If I'm referring to someone here or on any other forum, I use their screen name. Like, I don't call Rye "Jess" here, but I do in Live Journal.

Except for the fact that Rye will always be Rye to me.

DeathKnight
06-06-2006, 03:01 AM
name, too lazy to be typing xxRPGl4834348$$xx

Madonna
06-06-2006, 03:10 AM
You're all regulated to screennames and variances thereof. I don't feel that it creates any impersonality; I know the names of the people I like, but it's what they go by online and until we start an offline relationship (non-romantic, people; they exist), it's what shall stick.

I know I am bothered when I am addressed via my real name online. So I refuse to use it with other people unless I know that I've reached a certain level of familiarity with them or they ask me to in lieu of their online alias.

Jojee
06-06-2006, 03:31 AM
If their name is too long/bothersome to say online, I'll learn their real names XD Like theundeadhero = Matt >:</>D

Psychotic
06-06-2006, 03:35 AM
If their name is too long/bothersome to say online, I'll learn their real names XD Like theundeadhero = Matt >:</>DWhat happens if both their EoFF name and their real name are long and stupid? Like, for example, oh, I don't know, YOU!

Jojee
06-06-2006, 03:38 AM
If their name is too long/bothersome to say online, I'll learn their real names XD Like theundeadhero = Matt >:</>DWhat happens if both their EoFF name and their real name are long and stupid? Like, for example, oh, I don't know, YOU! Oh honey bunny poo (especially the poo part ^_^), don't be jealous :</>D You can change your name to Starlight Raccoon to match mine, I wouldn't mind! ^-^

Raistlin
06-06-2006, 03:54 AM
It depends. Yams is Yams and always will be Yams. eestlinc will always been eestlinc/eesty. RSL will always be RSL or Red Sexy. But Rye I call Jess, Emerald Aeris I call Elyse, Unne I call Brian, etc.

Psychotic
06-06-2006, 03:55 AM
What happens if both their EoFF name and their real name are long and stupid? Like, for example, oh, I don't know, YOU! Oh honey bunny poo (especially the poo part ^_^), don't be jealous :</>D You can change your name to Starlight Raccoon to match mine, I wouldn't mind! ^-^I would, but I've just spotted some rusty barbed wire, and I think scratching my back with it might prove to be more fun. :)

fire_of_avalon
06-06-2006, 04:09 AM
I go both ways.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-06-2006, 04:12 AM
I bet you do.

Yamaneko
06-06-2006, 04:45 AM
;)

I call Raistlin "Rudy Toppeldauer McLarentwitz" whenever I feel lonely.

-N-
06-06-2006, 08:07 AM
I try to use real names as much as possible so I don't feel like a freak.

escobert
06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Mainly their sn unless I knwo them well enought ot call them by their names.

Reine
06-06-2006, 09:04 AM
I usually call em by their real names, or abbreviated names.

Like Mo, Dark, ToD, HA, Fu, etc etc.

But some people will ALWAYS be their screenames to me, like this guy "Sieg". He will always be known as Sieg to me.

Some people abbreviate my name to Rei :(

Sefie1999AD
06-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I call online people by their screen names and nicks, or shortened versions of them. For example, I call Kawaii Ryűkishi "Kishi", Loony BoB "BoB", Psychotic "Psy" etc, and many call me Seph (or Sephy). As for IRL, I usually go by real names or nicknames that people have, unless that person's screen name is somehow related to his or her real name. As another example, if someone's name is Bobby Corwen and his nick is Boba or Corwie, I'll probably call him by his nick. There's a girl who calls me Sephy even IRL, though she's the only one who does so, so I'm not used to being called that except online. :D

Rusty
06-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Only if I know them well enough. I'd use peoples first names a lot more if I was sure they were comfortable with it. I always called Resha by her first name because I know her really well. If you don't mind me using your real name, tell me!

Loony BoB
06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Let's take the staff list, for examples.

Cid = Cid
cl_out = clout
Kawaii Ryűkishi = Kishi
Roogle = Roog
RSL = RSL
Samuraid = Samuraid
Yamaneko = Yams
Behold the Void = BtV
Del Murder = Murd
eestlinc = eest
fire_of_avalon = foa
Hsu = hsuhu
kikimm = kikimm
Leeza = Leeza
Miriel = Hannah
Necronopticous = Necro
Psychotic = Psy
rubah = rubah
Azar = Azar
eternalshiva = eternal
Flying Mullet = Mulley
Kyono = Dan
Spatvark = Spatty
Strider = Stri
theundeadhero = hero

So, two (Miriel/Hannah and Kyono/Dan) out of 25 were called by their actual name. I guess I use usernames more often than not. Of course, if I look at some of my closest friends...

Kyono = Dan
smittenkitten = Danielle
Rye = Rye
fire_of_avalon = foa
Manny = Manny
Ashi = Kathy
Calliope = Nicky / Nikkei

So, it becomes a bit more common to call someone by their actual name (or variation of one) when I know someone on a more personal level, I guess. But it's still possible that I'll call them by their username. So there you go!

I've also noticed that (of my online friends) girls are more likely to call me Daniel, while guys are more likely to call me BoB.

Markus. D
06-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Mitto (mat) and Tohru (Elle) are the only people Id ever call by screename.

ovcourse this is kasmashed if there screename is something like Shauna while there real name is Shauna.

Reine
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
yeah, it SUCKS when people's screenames are their real names, doesnt it? ;)

Jess
06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
If their name is too long/bothersome to say online, I'll learn their real names XD Like theundeadhero = Matt >:</>D
Circumflex Accent Circumflex Accent Tilde Asterisk Moonlight Tilde Racoon Asterisk Tilde Less-Than sign three! :jess:

Reine
06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Circumflex Accent Circumflex Accent Tilde Asterisk Moonlight Tilde Racoon Asterisk Tilde Less-Than sign three! :jess:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Andreil/Silly%20Pics/woninternets7gv.jpg

Jojee
06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Rofl <3

I'm working on it ;)

Sometimes I use descriptive names instead of real names :3 Like Psy = StinkyButtFace and Wezly = Twirp :</>D And RSL = arsel because he has a nice arse ;) Ha... kidding... maybe :3

Jess
06-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Rofl <3

I'm working on it ;)
Your name isn't that long at all, Circumflex Accent Circumflex Accent Tilde Asterisk Moonlight Tilde Racoon Asterisk Tilde Less-Than sign three!

In real life I don't really call a lot of my friends by their real names, but that's because most of them have nicknames and when I call people by nicknames for a while they end up sticking forever.

Resha
06-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Reading through this thread has thrown me off track and now I don't remember my own name.

Zeldy
06-06-2006, 04:54 PM
It depends how well I know and like ther person ^_~ Like Spiffing Cheese = Emmar and Faris = Ashley and Resha = Pooojaa, Shauna = Shauannauan

Chris
06-06-2006, 04:56 PM
It depends on the person. I call foa, Megan, but I call Rye, Rye...Jessica takes way too long to type down. <<

Shauna
06-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Depends. I mean, I'll call people who I'm more familiar with - or I've actually met, 'cept Squinn ;) - by their real names unless they're Resha. xD I don't know why, but I've always called her Resha, never Pooja. ;) Or Rye, I occasionally call her Jess, but she's Rye mostly!

Of course, with some of the people I call by their real names, I've went through a series of odd nicknames, before settling on their real name. Like, when I was just a newb I called Spiffing Cheese, Cheesy. xD

Captain Maxx Power
06-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Usually once I know a person's real name, I'll refer to them by that name from now on. So both Daniel and Jeremy are Daniel and Jeremy :cool:

Lost Number
06-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Whichever people want me to call them.

Spiffing Cheese
06-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I call people by their real name if I know them... most of the time. :confused: I dunno, actually. With some people it just feels WEIRD calling them by their first name, although with others it feels weird calling them by their screen name. I don't know why it feels weird, but it does! xD

This reminds me of when I used to call Shauna YEE_Shauna in chat for no apparent reason, and it used to bug the hell out of her. :love:

EDIT: Oh. I didn't see this. xD

Of course, with some of the people I call by their real names, I've went through a series of odd nicknames, before settling on their real name. Like, when I was just a newb I called Spiffing Cheese, Cheesy. xD

Wait... it wasn't YEE_Shauna, was it? It was something like Yee... y_e... oh god, what was it? *so retarded*

Shauna
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I dunno. Maybe it was! I can't remember. So, we'll just assume it was that and I can do this!

:mad2: STOP CALLING ME THAT! :mad2::mad2:

Spiffing Cheese
06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay, Yee Shauna.

SammieBabe
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
It depends on the person and how close we are. Sometimes I just make up my own nicknames for them too....
Right Emmza and Shauna-face? :D

Awrini
06-06-2006, 06:21 PM
For me it depends on the person, and well my mood usually.

Spiffing Cheese
06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
It depends on the person and how close we are. Sometimes I just make up my own nicknames for them too....

Right, Smelly Tramp.

McLovin'
06-06-2006, 06:34 PM
If they have a cool username then yes. If they have a cool name then yes.

Shauna
06-06-2006, 06:36 PM

Right, Sammie! :D

Twilight Edge
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I shorten their names if their names contains more than words.

Black Angel=Bella
Cassiopiea=Cassie/Casper(OK,maybe not.)
Heero Yuy NWZC=Heero
vivi_ultima=vivi

etc.

Tasura
06-07-2006, 03:33 AM
I use peoples real names if they use mine, 'cept for Resha, she will always be Resha, and if I even know their real name >.> which with the number of people who call me mine I do =D

Mitch
06-07-2006, 08:53 AM
If I am currently using them a a slave, I refer to them by their barcode number.

For instance, Kristina is #478912687 or snuggles.