PDA

View Full Version : I've done a few drawings

ffrinoa8
06-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Any critiqueing is much appreciated and accepted.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/AshTag/mywork1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/AshTag/ashley_s_work_23.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/AshTag/ashley_s_work_31.jpg

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 06:00 AM
The first one is wonderful, I can't think of anything for it.

The cross for the second one is a bit bent...like, it bends to the right a bit more than it should. (The bottom part of the cross.)

The third one is fine, although it's a bit empty.

ffrinoa8
06-06-2006, 06:09 AM
hmmm... Thanks I didn't notice the cross was bent I kind of drew it with no contacts in so that just why but thanks for saying that, and as for the third one I didn't know how to fill it in more to not make it empty... so it was kind of stuck that way >.< But thanks on the compliment for the first one!

Lunareescence
06-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Oh cooly I like them, I cant think of anything wrong with them, cause I make a horrible critique person

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Emptiness isn't really a bad thing, it's just that alot of people seem to gripe over that. If you intended for it to be that way than that's fine.

Prancing Mad
06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
If you want to fill it out, don't worry about having something that makes sense, just some sort of shape in the bg, with maybe some light shading. I would suggest a curved line kind like this "(" that follows the same curve as the leftside of the mirror, drawn so that it's midsection is a little to the left of the rose. This is the tough part, where to position that "(" you want to make sure that is doesn't detract from the rose and is clearly in the bg but not too close to the mirror or else you'll still feel that negative space on the left.

Another option if you want to get the feeling of emptiness is to shade the left side very dark and move lighter as it approaches the mirror. Balance is key! lol I wish I could show you what I'm thinking :( I hope this helps though.

Roto13
06-07-2006, 12:24 AM
I really love the first one. :)

Rocket Edge
06-07-2006, 01:56 PM
your shading techniques are nice, and the drawings are cool

VoodooChild
06-07-2006, 03:48 PM
First one is my favourite too :D Great use of shading, ffrinoa.

ffrinoa8
06-10-2006, 10:31 PM
If you want to fill it out, don't worry about having something that makes sense, just some sort of shape in the bg, with maybe some light shading. I would suggest a curved line kind like this "(" that follows the same curve as the leftside of the mirror, drawn so that it's midsection is a little to the left of the rose. This is the tough part, where to position that "(" you want to make sure that is doesn't detract from the rose and is clearly in the bg but not too close to the mirror or else you'll still feel that negative space on the left.

Another option if you want to get the feeling of emptiness is to shade the left side very dark and move lighter as it approaches the mirror. Balance is key! lol I wish I could show you what I'm thinking :( I hope this helps though.
I get what you're saying... hm thanks for the pointers on that.

And thanks everyone for your compliments!

black orb
06-11-2006, 02:24 AM
>>> Try to use a softer pencil for shading, like a 8B pencil..

lovehurts
06-11-2006, 03:01 AM
In my opinion they are perfect. It's the most artistic thing Ive seen all day. You have a definiter style.

ffrinoa8
06-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Well i only have one pencil for drawing and there isn't an art or crafts stor near me so I can't get any so I make do.

And are they really that good LoveHurts? *blink blink* I do my best for person requests from people!:kaoplain: Thank you! ^.^

Avarice-ness
06-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I like them, They're simple but they have a really soft touch to them. Keep it up, I wanna see more. =D
<3.

DarkLord
06-15-2006, 04:03 PM
They are really good!