PDA

View Full Version : where is vincett valentine?

Omega weapon123
06-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I can never ever vincett valentine on the game and I always start a new game and still can't seem to find him, where is he?

Znake
06-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Go to the Shinra Mansion In Nibelheim, on the top floor theres a safe. Use the combination Right to 36, Left to 10, Right to 59 and Right to 97 to unlock It. Take the staircase down to the basement and open the coffin. Talk to Vincent a couple of times, leave the room, then go back and talk to him again and he will join the group. You've got to fight a battle after you unlock the safe, so be prepared.

Twilight Edge
06-06-2006, 06:10 PM
The boss has 7000 HP and is strong depending on which side remains at the end of the battle(I forgot which,but it's either physical or magical).Advice:Just pwn him.

Laugh at face of Danger
06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
If your characters are physically strong, I advise using magical attacks for the first half, and when he transforms use your physical strength to pwn him!

If your attributes are reversed, all you need do is swipe him stupid, then just cast magic at him... it would be worth having Tifa in your team to unleash some successful limit breaks!

Dell
06-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Actually, the boss 'Lost Number' have 8000 HP and can be poisoned. Cast Bio at the beginning, defend with your party while watching him suffer. But if you want to end the battle faster, make one healer, with Cure Materia + All Materia, other party member should just attack using magic, physical and limit. Keep the healer's HP and MP high, always use Ether to him/her with other characters, the healer must focus and keep healing. If I'm not mistaken, he takes 1000 damage in Poison Status. Summon Choco/Mog, Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh and Titan to kill him fast. But I just like him to suffer, perhaps I did that to all RPG boss that are not immune to Poison.

If your party is strong, you can beat him in a few turns and don't even need a healer after all.

To EoFF member: Lost Number......Don't be mad at me because I say Lost Number must suffer. XD

EDIT: I'm sorry if my information is wrong and good luck Omega weapon123

Levian
06-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Try buying Dirge of Cerberus. You'll definitely get him there.

demon_werewolf
06-08-2006, 05:56 PM
i want that game but it's not out yet in canada but i can't wait i think i'll go you Japan to get it...Vincent rules!!!

a nirvana fan
06-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah he's in the Shinra Mansion, you goto the basement and find a door, go inside and release him from his coffin, he will join after a boss battle(i think)

demon_werewolf
06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
that sounds about right althought you fight the boss once you open the safe then you get the key go to the bassment open that locked that door...from their you should see a coffin open it and Vincent will be in side of it talk to him and if you say the right things he will tell you to bug off. leave the room and walk off down the hallway before you even get that far he will fly up to you and ask to join your team from their just add him to your line up.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Vincent is a great member to have in your team. His limit breaks are great.

Dell
06-16-2006, 04:48 PM

Vincent is the coolest character in the game, but limit break makes him out of control. :(

Twilight Edge
06-16-2006, 06:46 PM

Vincent is the coolest character in the game, but limit break makes him out of control. :(

Which is his only downside in the game.:(

DarkLord
07-13-2006, 12:56 PM

Which is his only downside in the game.:(
True

Numb
07-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Recruiting Vincent
Written by Zephir
www.cavesofnarshe.com/ ff7/secretchars.php

Getting Vincent to join your party's a pretty involved mission, and could take upwards of a half hour to an hour. Vincent fans, however, would say it's worth it.

First you will need to go to Nibelheim (the author recommends you go ahead and do his sidequest while you're already there the first time), and go to the Shinra mansion. While there's nothing of particular interest in the mansion, save for what's in the basement, the minigame of sorts does lead you to a valuable end.

First, look over to your left to find a note lying on the floor in the next room. It tells you that someone is trapped in the basement, and says something about a safe. It goes on to say you have twenty seconds to open it correctly, and then gives you hints (screenshot 1):

1: Look for the lid of the box with the most oxygen.
2: Behind the ivory's short of tea and ray.
3: The creak in the floor near the chair on the second floor. Then to the left five steps, up nine steps, left two steps, and up six steps.
4: (blank) [Ed. Note: you will not see that this line exists when you first examine the note. However, if you move the cursor down below the third line, you'll be able to select and read it.]

What does that all mean? This:
1: Get the Enemy Launcher from the upstairs atrium of the west wing, then check it again to find a note scrawled on the back of the lid (screenshot 2).
2: Check the floor behind the piano (screenshot 3).
3: Find the creaking floorboard next to the chair in the upstairs bedroom, then follow the directions. Alternatively, you can just ad-lib it and search the whole floor in the hallway by the doorway of the northeastern room (screenshot 4). Whew, that's a mouthful!
4: It looks blank, but the last line is written in invisible ink (see the note above). It tells you the number outright, "Right 97" (screenshot 5).

Now you've got your combination. It should be: Right 36, Left 10, Right 59, Right 97.

Now go to the safe in the north most room of the western wing and open it. Remember, you have twenty seconds, so make them count, and don't go past any of the numbers or you'll fail and will have to retry. Turn the dial to the right to 36, then press the OK button, then back left to 10 and press OK, then back to 59, then right on to 97. If it worked, you'll meet a monster-in-a-box (screenshot 6).

Lost Number (LVL=35, HP=7000, MP=300)is vulnerable to all types of assault at first, but when one side dies, then the other takes over and the rules change. If his purple side dies, the red side stays and attacks you with only magic, and is very resistant to magic. If the red side dies and leaves the purple side, it attacks with only physical attacks, and is very resistant to your weapons. Fight the red side with physical strikes, and the purple side with magic. He's vulnerable to Stop, too, so you can use Seal Evil and Choco/Mog to paralyze him. A wise thing to do is break Aeris' Limit before the fight, and use Seal Evil on him right away

After winning, the Odin materia pops out of the safe, and you can get the key item Basement Key from the open safe by checking it again.

Now take your spoils and go back to the basement. Unlock the door to the locked room on the way, and open the middle casket to meet Vincent. After talking with him a while he'll return to his coffin, but keep pestering him for more information. Eventually, he'll stop coming out and talking.

Go on about your business in the library, or if you've done that already, go ahead and leave. Vincent will stop you before you leave and join.

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/images/miniguides/vincent1.pnghttp://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/images/miniguides/vincent2.png
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/images/miniguides/vincent3.pnghttp://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/images/miniguides/vincent4.png
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/images/miniguides/vincent5.pnghttp://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/images/miniguides/vincent6.png

RoBoDunK
07-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Boss battle Smosch Battle, just kill the stupid boss with a lvl 65 Cloud and a lvl 60 Red XIII (note: both red and cloud must have their lvl 2 LB. Then go down stairs and there will be a door on the side right before the door that takes u to the library. You'll find Vincent there, talk to him, leave him, he'll come after u to join. Or u canjust follow what Numb said, he's has an explanation.

Xurts
07-23-2006, 06:49 AM
On the contrary, Vincent is one of the worst characters to use in battle. His Limit Breaks just plain suck. I honestly do not know why anyone would ever use him. The only character worse than him is Aeris.

Robodunk, it's highly unlikely that someone would be at such a high level so early on in the game. Getting to 60-65 on the first disk is ridiculous and a huge waste of time.