PDA

View Full Version : 100% Completion Help

Dell
06-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi, guys. I'm trying to complete FFX-2 by getting FFX-2 perfect ending. I need a lot of help from you guys, here are some questions:

1. Did I lose percentage if I didn't get 650 points in Gunner Gauntlet? (the highest I get is 624)
2. Do I have to get all the GG and dressphere for 100%?
3. Is Via Infinito needed for 100%?
4. Where is the best place to catch chocobos?

This one is just for game completion:

1. Can I still calliberate the towers in Thunder Plains in Chapter 5?
2. Where is the best place to train, preferably the best place to receive AP and EXP other than Via Infinito?
3. I forgeot to oversoul all the monster in Kilika back in Chapter 1, how do I oversoul them? (I really need The End GG)

Hope to get help soon.
I stick to this thread and ask question from time to time

EDIT: To Mod, Close this if need.

DeathKnight
06-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi, guys. I'm trying to complete FFX-2 by getting FFX-2 perfect ending. I need a lot of help from you guys, here are some questions:

1. Did I lose percentage if I didn't get 650 points in Gunner Gauntlet? (the highest I get is 624)

2. Where is the best place to train, preferably the best place to receive AP and EXP other than Via Infinito?
3. I forgeot to oversoul all the monster in Kilika back in Chapter 1, how do I oversoul them? (I really need The End GG)

Hope to get help soon.

1-Yup, if you don't get MISSION COMPLETE then you don't get the percentage.
2-No, you don't need to get all dresspheres' 100%.
3-Via Infinito IS needed for 100%
4-You can catch chocobos EVERYWHERE, except caves.

1-Not sure if you can callibrate in Chapter 5, probably so.
2-YOu can train anywhere, I train everywhere lol.
3-don't remember what you're talking 'bout...

Dell
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Reply (too lazy to use quote command)

100% completion:
4. I mean the best place for the chocobo to appear (rate of appearing)?

Game completion:
3. I mean there are monster in Kilika Chapter 1, you can't go back in Chapter 2. In Chapter 3, new monster appear. how do I get to battle them back?

Tavrobel
06-06-2006, 07:03 PM

3. I forgeot to oversoul all the monster in Kilika back in Chapter 1, how do I oversoul them? (I really need The End GG) <-- Umm, no you don't

1 - You don't lose %, but you don't get any %.
2 - No.
3 - You don't need Via Infinito, but it also means that you would have to do EVERYTHING ELSE TO THE VERY LAST DETAIL, plus Via Infinito to level 40 is a free 1.4%, the rest of it is another 1.2%. Also would require that you play the game through twice, which is already a big enough insult as it is.
4 - Anywhere with a Save Sphere, which means... anywhere. Except caves; try Kilika's woods, since the rate of getting Bold Chocobos is better (and therefore, better to send them out).

1 - Nope.
2 - Thunder Plains Cave, the machina are easy, just like the rest of the game.
3 - Kill a certain amount of the species type, and hope the next one that you see is oversouled. Save and Reset is a good option here. Otherwise, you'll have to New Game+ and start over, if the monster is CH. 1 only, OR try the Via Infinito. Another insult as the game is not worth playing in the first place, but be that as it may...

And the Mods will close if they wish. You don't have to ask them to do so "if necessary."

100% completion:
4. I mean the best place for the chocobo to appear (rate of appearing)?

Game completion:
3. I mean there are monster in Kilika Chapter 1, you can't go back in Chapter 2. In Chapter 3, new monster appear. how do I get to battle them back?

4 - Not a cave, not Zanarkand, not Bevelle, not Gagazet, not Macalania, not Mi'ihen. Anywhere else, the rate is the same (15%).
3 - Via Infinito, levels 1 - 15.

Renmiri
06-06-2006, 07:15 PM
I love training at Bikanel digs. The sunny area, the easy fiends, Chocobos (timid but they worked for me) and plus Sphere break coins, gil, double stars....
The only detail to watch for is to not dig any yellow X until you are ready to start on the Djose experiment quest. Then you dig a couple if you didn't dig any so far, kick the experiment's butt, repair it, dig all the parts and kick it's butt at level 5, completing Djose's mission. You must battle it both at a level lower than 5 and at 5 to complete it, hence the "do not dig yellow X" caution at Bikanel...

Oversouling, getting all GG, completing Blue Bullet and other things like it are not needed for 100%. People do it for the fun of a challenging game.

Arrianna
06-06-2006, 07:46 PM
...and don't forget to rest in every chapter. That's the one that got me. SO CLOSE!

Dell
06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok, guys. I'm in Via Infinito~Cloister 61

1. I hear a lot of people saying that Chac and Trema is hard
This is my stat:
Yuna: Level 72, Dark Knight, Mythril Bangle, Champion Belt, Valiant Lustre
Rikku: Level 74, Dark Knight, Crystal Bangle, Champion Belt, Highroad Wind
Paine: Level 76, Gunner, Cat Nip, Speed Bracer, Highroad Wind

Is this ok? Or should I train more?

2. Where can I get Super Nova Blue Bullet?

3. All my chocobos can't reach level 5! Anyone can help? (I mean the place where good chocobo live)

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 03:55 PM
You should be fine, but if you want to, level to 99.

Ultima Weapon, Paragon. You missed the floors where Ultima Weapons can be found, but you can also try the Ruin depths (Chocobo Dungeon, Clasko's ranch).

There's no way to determine by area where level 5s can be found more frequently, as the numbers are mostly random. You just have to keep looking and hunting for the good chocobos, so, capture as many as you can. Also, you can review which chocobos can reach level 5, so you know which ones to release and not to waste Greens. I would say keep trying at Kilika, but if that does not work, move somewhere else.

Although you get what, 5 per every 6 battles for the common ones, and 5 per 12 battles for the higher three? Shouldn't be a problem, but apparently, it can be. You can also change the ratio of which greens are made, as well.

Laugh at face of Danger
06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
NEVER SKIP SCENES

i caught the brunt end of that and suffered a crushing 99% overall completion and really can't be bothered to beat the Sphere Break tournament - it makes me want to bash my head in.

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Ok, guys. I'm in Via Infinito~Cloister 61

1. I hear a lot of people saying that Chac and Trema is hard
This is my stat:
Yuna: Level 72, Dark Knight, Mythril Bangle, Champion Belt, Valiant Lustre
Rikku: Level 74, Dark Knight, Crystal Bangle, Champion Belt, Highroad Wind
Paine: Level 76, Gunner, Cat Nip, Speed Bracer, Highroad Wind

Is this ok? Or should I train more?

2. Where can I get Super Nova Blue Bullet?

3. All my chocobos can't reach level 5! Anyone can help? (I mean the place where good chocobo live)

Level up some more, at least up to 90. Chac! Chac! that fucking fiend pisses me off. And TREMA! damn him.

It just goes to show you how much Yuna would do to see Tidus again, I think that NEEDS to be emphasized!

kain_ex
06-13-2006, 12:52 AM

Hope to get help soon.

Let's go:

1. You just need to do 500 points to get an "Episode Complete!" in Besaid.

2. No, you don't.

3. Yes

4. Can't say really, but I usually catch them at the Calm Lands.

the other 3 ahead:

1. Never tried, can't say

2. Farplane. But in Via Infinito, I always get my chars lvl 99 by doing this: make sure to kill King VERMIN! at the fiend colony and go to via infinito. During cloisters 66-69 you can meet King VERMIN! and using the lady luck dressphere, with double EXP learned, you get 10000 EXP by King VERMIN! killed. If it oversouls, with the Lady Luck you get 14400 EXP. quite good ^^

3. Via Infinito in the first 20 cloisters, or go back there at the New Game +

No.78
06-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Get an official guide, then you can get 100% easy. OR you could defeat Trema at the bottom of via infinito, either way leads to the secret ending.

Dell
06-13-2006, 05:25 PM
After 6 tries, I manage to beat Chac (Damn, those Heaven's Cataract)
At first, I don't really care about Mega Tonberries but they kill my party once and I'm in Shock + Scare status.

1. WOW!! A lot of new monsters appear in Via Infinito: Ultima and Omega can give me +3000 EXP, if I use Double EXP with Lady Luck, I should get +9000 EXP, but the question is, when I'm in Lady Luck DS, my HP should be low, can I survive floor 81 - 99?

2. I want to know about Missable Blue Bullet, some of them cannot be learn anymore if you don't learn it before, I only know Drill Shot, Mortar, Annihilator...is there other missable Blue Bullet?

3. Since I beat Chac, Angra Mainyu should be a/n ............ (I'm not really sure because I have very low confidence)

4. Who is Trema? (Put it in Spoiler Tag) Aranea: Maester Kinoc, Black Elemental: Maester Jyscal, Concherer: Maester Mika, Chac: Yunalesca, who's Trema and Paragon?

5. What is the best defensive GG (Add the most defense stat), for now, I only have Valiant Lustre, other better GG? (Also, can anyone tell me what GG allow you to break HP, MP and Damage Limit without using SDS?)

6. My Current Stat

Yuna: Level 81, Dark Knight, Mythril Bangle, Champion Belt, Valiant Lustre
Rikku: Level 83, Dark Knight, Crystal Bangle, Champion Belt, Highroad Wind
Paine: Level 86, Gunner, Cat Nip, Speed Bracer, Highroad Wind

Is this enough to take on Trema? Or should I train more?

EDIT: Yo, DK, I will.

Tavrobel
06-13-2006, 06:13 PM
1. WOW!! A lot of new monsters appear in Via Infinito: Ultima and Omega can give me +3000 EXP, if I use Double EXP with Lady Luck, I should get +9000 EXP, but the question is, when I'm in Lady Luck DS, my HP should be low, can I survive floor 81 - 99?

2. I want to know about Missable Blue Bullet, some of them cannot be learn anymore if you don't learn it before, I only know Drill Shot, Mortar, Annihilator...is there other missable Blue Bullet?

3. Since I beat Chac, Angra Mainyu should be a/n ............ (I'm not really sure because I have very low confidence)

4. Who is Trema? (Put it in Spoiler Tag) Aranea: Maester Kinoc, Black Elemental: Maester Jyscal, Concherer: Maester Mika, Chac: Yunalesca, who's Trema and Paragon?

5. What is the best defensive GG (Add the most defense stat), for now, I only have Valiant Lustre, other better GG? (Also, can anyone tell me what GG allow you to break HP, MP and Damage Limit without using SDS?)

6. My Current Stat

Yuna: Level 81, Dark Knight, Mythril Bangle, Champion Belt, Valiant Lustre
Rikku: Level 83, Dark Knight, Crystal Bangle, Champion Belt, Highroad Wind
Paine: Level 86, Gunner, Cat Nip, Speed Bracer, Highroad Wind

Is this enough to take on Trema? Or should I train more?

EDIT: Yo, DK, I will.

Not as Lady Luck you won't.

Depends on the definition of "massable," but those should be the only ones where you only have one encounter to learn them from.

Angra Mainyu will be a long fight. But overall, he's not hard. Proper preparation.

Trema is Trema, and I don't remember Paragon, but I'm pretty sure that he is just Paragon.

The End or Higher Power for BHPL on equip. There is none for BMPL.
Valiant Lustre is the highest Defense/MDef bonus that you can get, regardless of whether or not you use Spherechanges to complete the gates.

If you are cheap, you should be fine. Otherwise, if you know what you are doing, it shouldn't matter. If you are unconfident, then level up. Can't hurt to be level 99.

EDIT: The Via Infinito has nothing to do with Yuna and Tidus, but it can't hurt to expose an ancient religion for what they really are... a bunch of Pope-run liars good people with good intentions.

Dell
06-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks, Tav!