PDA

View Full Version : Are the Metroid Primes any good? (Gamecube)

PontiusPilate
06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I have two metroid games, both are the 2d versions on the GBA which are by far the best handheld games ive ever played. I then played metroid on the DS and thought it was a tad bit mediocre. Multiplayer was fun but the single player was lacking. The kinds of FPS i like are games like Half Life 1 and 2.

Do you think i'd like the metroid primes for GC (singleplayer mostly)

I Took the Red Pill
06-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I liked them both alot. There's alot of great bosses and enemies in both. Might want to pick up a guide, because, there were points in both games when I was confused as to what to do or got lost. The multiplayer in Echoes is pretty weak, considering there's no GC online, but since you're looking for single player, it's not really a problem.

Shoeberto
06-06-2006, 09:25 PM
The Metroid Prime games differ a lot from Half-life, but they're an excellent 3D translation of the other games. You won't be disappointed at all if you like the 2D incarnations of the games.

KentaRawr!
06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Yes, very. They aren't like the DS Metroid, though. They are alot more like the 2 GBA games that you played.

ljkkjlcm9
06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
The gameplay is similar to that of the DS version, but the story is vastly superior and far more fun. I mean the DS version had 2 bosses, just harder and harder as you got further, that sucked. Metroid Prime however was truly amazing single player and tons of fun.

THE JACKEL