PDA

View Full Version : Sense of satisfaction

Laguna
06-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I've been hunting on and off in my spare time for a Carbuncle's Ruby. Finally got one today! Im so happy! Felt so proud of my efforts, and it brought back some memories.

Anyway, I can still remember the first time I felt proud of what I did in game. Beating Bubbly Bernie, solo, against the advice of my friend who claimed I was "too low a level". What's the first thing that you did in game that you were proud of? The very first thing mind, not "The time I recieved an aquarian abjuration" or "when I synthed a hauberk+4 :P"

nzv0
06-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Getting fame for Utsusemi -_- glad was able to tough through it

Laguna
06-06-2006, 11:03 PM
oh yeah, I know that feeling. I spent so much on zinc ore I got a /tell from a new player saying "Hey... I see you like zinc ore. Want any more?" Is there a nice way to yell at someone for thinking of you as "crazy zinc ore guy"?

Yeargdribble
06-07-2006, 01:55 AM
I was really excited to get my subjob and even more excited when I unlocked BRD. I remember I felt a tremendous sense of accomplishment when I got all of my AF even though in retrospect it's nothing fantastic (and I've solo'd tons of AF for other BRD since then).

I think in general things at lower levels make for a larger sense of accomplishment. Every level was a huge accomplishment back then. I really enjoyed that sense of wonder about everything. Things are different endgame and while I still get a huge sense of accomplishment doing really cool stuff it's just not the same as when everything was new ^^

Lich3636
06-07-2006, 02:07 AM
The first time i beat a bcnm, Wings of Fury with 2 of my LS friends. Whm, Bst, and me a Pld. Not only did we go 2/2 on astrals but we also got the server record (in my name :D )

Markus. D
06-07-2006, 05:12 AM
When i was finally able to Rummage through the Dangruff Wadi without a care of being killed by anything. (long story short, I could pwn them instead of them pwning me)

made me feel powerful.

Miriel
06-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Congrats Laguna! It took me weeks and hundreds of dead leeches for me to get my ruby so I know how great it feels to finally get it.

I was extremely proud when I broke most of the record battle times on my server for the lvl 20 Avatar battles. That was cool. And I got random people sending me /tells afterward asking me how I did the battles cause they had just died and saw that I was the record holder. :D

Germ Hamee
06-07-2006, 06:00 PM
My very first large sense of accomplishment was when I finally took the Mhaura ship to Selbina. This was when the game first launched in the US and everyone from Windhurst were leveling up at Shakrami and Bubumiru, so I was already close to level 18 by that time. I was soo excited to finally be leaving the Windurst area to SEE THE WORLD.

Of course, I died almost immediately and forgot to set my home point and had to start all over again. -.-

After that would be completing the quest for the Warp scroll, which took FOREVER to get enough fame for.

And there's nothing more satisfying than your first train of Yagudo in Giddeus. Oh yeah.

dodhungry
06-08-2006, 04:43 AM
I think my largest since of accomplishment was helping some higher lvl people find there way through King R's tomb. They were around lvl 25 while I was about 11 at the time.

Other than that just reaching lvl 15 seems like a big accomplishment:tongue:

No.78
06-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Getting fame for Utsusemi -_- glad was able to tough through it

I'm currently doing that... So far I have about 62 traded in... I didn't buy any of them though, far too poor for that lol! I hope it's really as rewarding as you say...

Now, when I got mu subjob, chocobo license, ranks and dragoon and blue mage were the highlights of my online life!

I'm proud of the fact that I completed the Puppetmaster quest solo as a level 30 red mage. Died thrice but who cares lol.