PDA

View Full Version : Wiimote vs Touch Screen

KentaRawr!
06-06-2006, 10:46 PM
As most of you know, the DS has a Touch Screen and the Wii has a Motion Sensitive Remote, mostly referred to as "Wiimote". Which one sounds like a better idea to you? A Motion Sensitive Remote for gaming or a Touch Screen for gaming?

Touch Screen sounds alot simpler to use, as with the Wiimote, it's free hand. You don't really get much feedback besides what you see on screen, so it might be hard to keep things in place. With the touch screen, you feel the stylus come in contact with the screen. Not that the Wiimote is a bad idea, as with a touch-screen, you can't really do many of the things the Wiimote can do. You can draw a line on the screen, but that only allows you to manipulate things on a 2D plane, whereas with the Wiimote, you can move your hand forward and backward, and it detects it. (As long as the Wiimote is in your hand, obviously.)

A Touch Screen would be much better for menu's, of course, as you just have to poke a part on this little screen. But with the Wiimote, you'd be alot farther away from the screen, so you'd have to be more careful as you aim. After-all, you can't poke it. :p

The Wiimote can do more things, really. As I said before, the stylus only allows you to manipulate things on a 2D Plane, like a mouse for a computer.

So the Wiimote is more versatile... but what's a better idea for gaming? Touch Screen or Wiimote? I can't really decide. But what do you guys think?

Zeldy
06-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Why not just have Both? :cool:

A Touchscreen is easier to use, so more people might get them as they arnt as complex, and you can get fun games for the DS.
The Wiimote is a bit more, I dunno, A bit more complicated?
You cant just poke, you have to aim. I'll have both though!

Master Quan
06-06-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm not a big fan of either. But the remote has the greatest appeal of the two.

Roto13
06-06-2006, 11:46 PM
As much as I love my DS, the Wiimote looks very promising. :)

ljkkjlcm9
06-07-2006, 03:53 AM
the Wiimote can do everything the Touch screen can do, and more.

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
06-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Im not judging yet, I havent even played with the Wiimote.....

Gnostic Yevon
06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
actually think touch screen would be better -- I don't think you could play with the wiimote for more than an hour or two without your arm getting tired. the TS is only difficult to use as a hand held if you have to use buttons, the D-pad and the TS at the same time. Too awkward in that setting. But TS would work near perfect as a replacement for buttons. You could program a different set of buttons per game -- even a separate interface for different parts or the same game. You might even end up with more customizability than even the hotkeys in PC gaming.

KentaRawr!
06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
o.o I don't think the Wiimote will be tiring. All the games I'm aware of that were playable at E3 didn't require you to swing your arm around like a maniac like most people say except WarioWare. And the only games that seemed to require you to stand were WarioWare and Wii Sports. :O Of course, there's also red steel, but that requires you to slash the air like a maniac. :D