PDA

View Full Version : Wha..?

Cyberdemon
06-07-2006, 02:19 AM
What was your hardest enemy in the game besides weapons/sephiroth?
My hardest enemy was that cargo carrying thing... <_<
You know, the thing Reno sic's on you when you try to get the submarine.
It woulda been easier but he kept killing 1 person then picking up the other two. I mean cmon, auto loss? They've gotten out of harder situations than a robot's arms (Think Sector 7 Plate Drop)

EDIT::
Oops, this way supposed to be a reply to the hardest boss thing. Anyway I turned it into a better post ;)

Dell
06-07-2006, 05:32 AM
The hardest boss other than Weapons is the two-headed dragon in Gaea Cliff (I think their name is Schizo). I was pretty weak at that time because I equip too much Summon Materia and Magic Materia, making my party's HP super low!

EDIT: Why did you found Sephiroth hard? He's a cake.

DoaJ
06-07-2006, 05:37 AM
That thing?! The Carrier? I wasted that with one Ramuh and a few deathblows. hmm.. well, the only boss to beat me so far was Lost Number, so I guess him.

Psychotic
06-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Demon's Gate. :(

But that was when I was first playing the game when I was about 11 or 12, and it was my first RPG, so I was kinda out of my depth. Replaying it these days, I can take him down without too much of a problem. Lost Number is pretty tricky if you try to fight him as soon as you get to Nibelheim.

DoaJ
06-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Which I did, I was about 7 levels lower, so yeah.

Dell
06-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Lost Number was never a challenge to me, when I first fought him, I accidentally cast Bio, I didn't knew that he can be poisoned. When he was poisoned, *Shocked*.

Lost Number also loose a lot of HP when poisoned (about 1000 HP, if I'm not mistaken).

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-07-2006, 05:20 PM
at first it was demon gate cos i was totally unaware that normal attacks are good, and was using attack after attack of magic and summons :( now he aint so hard

now i'd say carry armour, it's just such a corny fight

Laugh at face of Danger
06-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I pounded lost number with my magic (which was not doing so much damage) until he transforms and he got punished with physical blows *demonic grin*

I AGREE! that damn cargo carrier had me! It plucked Vincent up and there went my summoner, and then he grabbed Red, my healer! Leaving Cloud a bit... stranded! Took me two goes, and i got real frustrated... so i gave it some triple Thunder3 to play with...

After that annoying grappling thing, the next hardest boss (for me) was probably the duo headed dragon - mainly because i transformed Vincent into Galian Beast (sp?) which healed the fire side, and was healing faster than i was dealing... so I had to commit murder and make my other members slay him so i could revive him to normal.

Oh, the proud Clod was pretty annoying, as it got M-Barrier and Barrier cast on it, fortunately that was close to the end of the battle and didn't make things so hard

Twilight Edge
06-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Other than the weapons......(Sephy not included,he's a piece of mud)

the ones posted so far:
Carry Armour-OK,I lost twice to this bugger because the first thing he does is grab Cloud.No one but Cloud.Which makes things hard to beat.
Demon Gate-I lost twice.His rocks deal tons of damage to me!I was too low level o that time!(I said about 25 or so)
Lost Number-status attack + bio = victory.This guy's a cake.I beat him as soon as I got to Nibelhiem.
Schizo-Equip Cloud with Aurora armlet-fire ring or fire armlet-ice ring and hack the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of him.Don't care about the others.Schizo can't touch you with his normal attacks with these equips.But be sure to always have around 1500-2000 HP for his final attacks.

Nothing else pose a challenge to me.

Dell
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
You did read that I equip a lot of Magic Materia and Summon Materia which make my party HP about 800 - 1000.

I care for the other party member, I'll never let them die in battle, even once, I will reset my game back, well that's me.=)

That's pretty weird, I didn't found Lost Number and Demon's Gate to be that hard, well, I guess people have differences.

mooglebunni608
06-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Lost Number. He was bad. It took me... i think 50 tries just to beat him T_T

blue phoenix
06-07-2006, 06:48 PM
the three in a row used to cause me problems

Demonsgate
Jenova Life
Schizo

for the 2nd one i didnt realise what the water ring was for. lol

Levian
06-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Demon's Gate. :(

But that was when I was first playing the game when I was about 11 or 12, and it was my first RPG, so I was kinda out of my depth. Replaying it these days, I can take him down without too much of a problem. Lost Number is pretty tricky if you try to fight him as soon as you get to Nibelheim.

Yep, this is pretty much it. Except I'm older than Paul. :laugh:

The only boss I died for last time I played was Schizo though.

Sefie1999AD
06-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Demon's Wall was very hard for me on my first game. I lost that fight several times. Lost Number isn't that tough, but he does a lot of damage (Big Guard is a great friend there :)) and a lot of HP. Materia Keeper was a bit hard for me since I had just got Vincent and I had him use his limit break. As the Gallian Beast, he kept using a fire attack against Materia Keeper all the time, healing the boss. I can't remember much about Carry Armor boss. I think there was one dangerous situation when it grabbed one of my party members. Although Bolt 3, Ramuh and Trine did short work of him pretty quickly.

Schizo was even harder than Demon's Wall for me on my first game. I was quite underleveled, his attacks did loads of damage, he had a lot of HP and his thunder attack (when one of the heads dies) annihilated my party at least once or twice. I beat him somehow back then, though it was a struggle. Nowadays he isn't that bad since I usually have some armor that protects from an element. Finally, Jenova*Life is a breeze normally, but once again, on my first game, I kept losing to her several times. Her Aqualung attack was really painful. That's why I had to watch the scene where Aeris dies several times so that scene kind of lost its effect on me. I eventually defeated that boss by wearing a Water Ring, that's the coward's way. :D During the later games, she's been quite an easy boss for me.

Twilight Edge
06-08-2006, 02:22 PM
I fought jenova Life one-on-one(Cid on first playthrough)because I equipped water Ring on them.I accidentally equipped Cid because I had no idea that jenova life is water element.

FallenAngel411
06-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Lost Number...FF7 was the first game to teach me the hard, necessary lesson of leveling up. Also the Jenova battle right after Aeris' death...I was in such shock after seeing her die the first time that I didn't know what I was doing. I was almost positive it was just an event battle...then I had to see her die twice...:cry: