PDA

View Full Version : Man, people piss me off

Hawkeye
06-07-2006, 04:40 AM
I'm not joking. They are all phony. I just got done watching a short clip on the Internet of some kids and adults fighting like crazy, and all I could see in each one of those clips in insecurity and cowardice. People think it takes violence to determine worth as a person, and think that they are all bad asses because they got into a fight. Look at me, I took some smurfing wild swings and when I got lucky, I actually hit something. Good going, jerk off. And to top it all off, people are impressed by this bull cookies. God that really pisses me off.

As a karate student, and seeing some pretty uneducated fighting going on there, I see myself more and more often being tempted into fighting one of these losers. Granted, I have only been in one fight (won it but still by no means think it was the right thing to do and I regret it), but I have enough experience and endurance to hold myself quite a long time in a fight. But every time I think of wanting to get into a fight, it reminds me of how much I don't want to get into a fight, because you know it's wrong, but the thrill of it wants you to fight. And then again, I want to get into a fight because of that imaginary and brief social hierarchy people tend to notice when you get into a fight. People like to dominate. It's because they are insecure with themselves. Man, I feel pretty insecure right now.

That pisses me off too.

Well, discuss about morals of fighting or whatever, and what pisses you off. If you want to see the video, let me put a big, RED, bold notice saying something like WARNING: USE BETTER JUDGEMENT WHEN WATCHING OTHER HUMAN BEINGS BEAT EACH OTHER UP, AND USE IT AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE, AND SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF NOT USING WHAT YOU SEE HERE TO BEAT OTHER PEOPLE UP. IT'S WRONG (http://www.funny-games.biz/videos/428-lotsoffights.html). Yeah something like that.

Man, that pisses me off too.

Sylvie
06-07-2006, 04:44 AM
I know what you mean. I want to hit people all the time. People suck. Period.

Prak
06-07-2006, 04:45 AM
Yea everyone as a person is just stupid...

But i gotta admit.. The second fight when the guy with the red shirt has the other guy caught in his legs, and it goes slow motion, and the guy in the red shirt starts trying to hit him.. It looks like he is trying to smack his own ass... That was pretty funny..

Shiny
06-07-2006, 04:46 AM
Ugh. Tell me about it. I especially hate the people who cheer on the people fighting as if it's some type of enjoyable past time. I mean please, I think we moved on from barbaric fighting, but I guess not. The ones who are quick to get into physical fights are always the most immature, insecure and stupid people.

BakerMan
06-07-2006, 04:51 AM
I agree only its society that influences people. If you change society you don't have to deal with the crap kids do or think... I know what u mean about the argument with yourself over the whole fighting thing too.

eestlinc
06-07-2006, 04:59 AM
fighting is a show of weakness, not strength.

KentaRawr!
06-07-2006, 04:59 AM
One of those was almost cool, how that one kid was ducking lots. :) But everything else looked stupid and random. They don't upset me, but they look extremely stupid. :p

Yamaneko
06-07-2006, 05:00 AM
Evolution selected for the "pissy" gene to counteract the "stupidity" gene. Although researchers have not yet fully come to a conclusion as to the specific nature of the gene, it is supposed that under the correct circumstances the gene becomes active. Now since obviously there weren't any Internet message boards two million or so years ago, we had to adapt it from sitting around a camp fire listening to fellow hunters and gathers tell stories of their encounters with neighboring pacts.

nik0tine
06-07-2006, 05:11 AM
There's nothing, and I mean nothing, wrong with fighting. It's fighting with malice that's wrong. Why can't you fight for thrills? Hell, I imagine you could build up a pretty good friendship with a fighting partner. No need for hate, no need for anger or insecurities or hopelessness. Just fighting to experience the explosiveness of consentual combat. If this is how you fight, I'd argue that it isn't even really 'violent'. It's more like art.

This is only sort of what you are talking about, though. Nobody has the right to fight (or do anything, for that matter) out of malice. Nobody should allow themselves to be so tortured that they would fight out of insecurity. Fighting is not the problem. The problem is unrestrained negative emotion.

Madame Adequate
06-07-2006, 05:27 AM
I'm with nik here. Fighting in and of itself is neither here nor there. If you like boxing, well, go for it. Hope you get the World Champion. But unprovoked fights, or fights for the purposes of establishing something about yourself (As in "I'm well 'ard!" not "I have better technique.") then I dislike it.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Yeah. Nik said it. Without fighting there'd be no UFC and I'd be very sad indeed.

-N-
06-07-2006, 10:41 AM
You should fight for fighting's sake, not for winning's sake. Only in that will you find what you're looking for. Fighting is but another tool to achieve peace.

Chris
06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
It's okay to fight if you find yourself threatened by someone. It pisses me off when someone decides to hit another person for no apparent reason. Self-control is a very important thing today, especially since it is a much more violent world we live in today.

Levian
06-07-2006, 01:09 PM
I wish I could fight like that. (like ostriches)

Dignified Pauper
06-07-2006, 03:53 PM
There's nothing, and I mean nothing, wrong with fighting. It's fighting with malice that's wrong. Why can't you fight for thrills? Hell, I imagine you could build up a pretty good friendship with a fighting partner. No need for hate, no need for anger or insecurities or hopelessness. Just fighting to experience the explosiveness of consentual combat. If this is how you fight, I'd argue that it isn't even really 'violent'. It's more like art.

This is only sort of what you are talking about, though. Nobody has the right to fight (or do anything, for that matter) out of malice. Nobody should allow themselves to be so tortured that they would fight out of insecurity. Fighting is not the problem. The problem is unrestrained negative emotion.

Fight Club anyone?

further, i see no wrong with fighting. War is great, especially when it's not hand to hand but one nation bombing another weaker nation from the sky. It's not being a bully, it's being righteous and putting the weak in their place.

in all seriousness, I agree with fighting against tyranny with violence.

Jebus
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm an almost complete and total pacifist. I won't hurt someone even to save my own life.

However, if someone threatens someone else, I'll step in.

All things can be settled rationally, and peacefully. Violence is a negotiation between fools.

Dignified Pauper
06-07-2006, 04:56 PM
what happens when one party is being foolish and the other attempts to resolve things? Sooner or later, there will be violence. It is unavoidable.

Roogle
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
I believe that there will always be times when one cannot rely on words alone.

Arcee
06-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm not joking. They are all phony. I just got done watching a short clip on the Internet of some kids and adults fighting like crazy, and all I could see in each one of those clips in insecurity and cowardice.

Man, that pisses me off too.

Maybe you should just watch stuff you enjoy. That way, the stuff you hate won't rack up hits and will eventually get taken down.

Itsunari 2000
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Pointless.

I hate all this empty machismo, the " I'm hard." mentality of some ignorant people who will start fights with anyone, regardless of who they are, just to feed their own egos.
Fighting talk - hollow emanations that are just a catalyst to the clash of bone and sinew.

Flexing your muscles is useless if you don't have the psychological substance inside to do what has to be done when you have to do it.

In any case, the local thugs in my area are sickly weaklings who rely on numbers and their makeshift weaponry to intimidate and maim innocent people. One on one, they go down like houses of cards. I'm not scared of them - just compositions of flesh and blood in my eyes, asking to be destroyed so soon as they cross my path.

Shiny
06-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I believe that there will always be times when one cannot rely on words alone.
Oh in self-defense against someone that's attacking you physically, yes. But not just because someone is pissing you off should it give you the right to fight them. That's just stepping down to their immature level.

I Took the Red Pill
06-08-2006, 09:58 PM
If you fight to pick on others, it's obviously to make yourself feel better and have others see you as stronger. I see them as weaker. If you can't solve your problems without violence, and "solve" them at the expense of others, you are weak both in the soul, for not having the strength to deal with your problems, and in the heart for not having any compassion for the one you're hurting. Those are my thoughts, they don't relate exactly to what you're talking about, per se, but it's still relavent.