PDA

View Full Version : .: Ribbon :.

Laugh at face of Danger
06-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Sorry for the fancy pants title... but yes, Ribbon.

I recently got two pieces of Armour with the Ribbon ability, but I was wondering, what does Ribbon actually protect against? I am certain that i was cursed while wearing my Ribbon and was slightly disgruntled to say the least!

So... total protection or no?

blue phoenix
06-07-2006, 06:57 PM
i think it basically is, but some super strong monsters can completely ignore it (ie Shinryus Eraser will still cast Stone)

Tavrobel
06-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Protects against (well, as far as the enemy is concerned, nothing like Delay, Provoke, or Threaten, because those are player usable only):

Death (Anything that causes Death without draining any HP)
Darkness
Poison
Silence
Confusion
Berserk
Petrify
Zombie

Concerning attacks: certain monsters can ignore Ribbon on an armor. Although to be honest, I don't recognize any Int. or PAL version of FFX to be an actual, playable alternative to FFX NTSC or NTSC-J, as they are not actually games, but rather, a gigantic plot by SE to drain you of your money.

Hambone
06-07-2006, 10:05 PM
This is kinda off-topic but... You know how you can't cure curse with a remedy or Esuna? Well I found out that you can cure curse with dispel! not only with holy water, but with dispel! So, yeah.

Tavrobel
06-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Curing Curse is a gigantic waste of time. All it does is prevents Overdrive gain, and stops you from being able to use an Overdrive.

But yes, Dispel cures Curse (I think, I'll have to check).

Hambone
06-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Last time I checked, Overdrives were useful. :)

Fireblade13
06-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah but unless u have some of the uber ones ur wasting a turn and mp for dispel. Plus it wears off after the fite. But in a boss battle i can see the usefulness.