PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to restart?

Peter_20
06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Alright, I'm trying a very hard challenge right now: a Low Level Game Challenge AND a Rage Completion Challenge at the same time!
This, of course, means that I'm sometimes forced to initiate fights with very dangerous enemy formations, and right now I'm stuck at the big battle in Narshe (the one where you protect Banon).
I'm running around, trying to find the Trooper, Bounty Man and Fidoor (with a LV3 Terra, mind you), and this forces my chars to gain Levels.
Yes, sure, I could alternate-kill them, but the problem is: I've got no Fenix Downs.
To put it short, I've got 1 of most basic and important items, but no Fenix Downs.
I've got one single Potion and no Tonics, and Terra has pathetically low MP.
This forces me to keep my chars alive, gaining as few Levels as possible, while fighting my way to Rider, who clear as day will give me big problems, before fighting Kefka, who clear as day will give me even bigger problems.
There's no way in hell I will survive all that with all my chars (Locke/Edgar/Sabin/Terra), and I consider restarting the whole game now.
What do you think about it?

Flying Mullet
06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I think you're pretty much screwed. Even if you have Locke steal from the enemies, his chances are so low at such a low level that you will use more healing potions than you will steal, so it would not be worth it. I would suggest starting over, and remember to keep a save or two at a "safe spot" in the storyline so if you do get stuck, as you are now, you only have to back track a small amount to get back on track.

Also, I would spend a lot more time in the Veldt with Cyan, Sabin and Gau earning gold before you head back to Narshe for the resulting three-way battle.

Roto13
06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Hee hee, you said "three way"

Uhrm, yes...

Flying Mullet
06-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I originally typed it out and ended my post at "... resulting three-way.", but I thought I would clarify as it sounded bad to say, "Also, I would spend a lot more time in the Veldt with Cyan, Sabin and Gau earning gold before you head back to Narshe for the resulting three-way.", especially after naming off Cyan, Sabin and Gau. :p

Dignified Pauper
06-07-2006, 09:52 PM
hehe, this thread took a turn for the worse with such comments.

and yes... start over.