PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or does Super Smash Bros. Melee suck?

PontiusPilate
06-07-2006, 07:15 PM
How did this game ever get a 9/10. It takes about an hour to beat. The controls are godawful and the computer replaces difficulty in skill with difficulty in being cheap. What a waste of money. Why do people think this is good again?

7/10

Ouch!
06-07-2006, 07:17 PM
You have no clue what you're talking about. =D

Seriously, though. The whole point of the game is playing other people. And if you think the controls are so bad, you probably don't know how to play properly.

Roto13
06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
How did this game ever get a 9/10. It takes about an hour to beat. The controls are godawful and the computer replaces difficulty in skill with difficulty in being cheap. What a waste of money. Why do people think this is good again?

7/10
It's a fighting game. If it takes you an hour to beat the one-player mode, you suck at it. If you're claiming that you unlocked everything in an hour, you're lying, because that's impossible. The computer is cheap? The computer is simple. The computer is the easiest thing in the world to beat. Never play against someone who's taken the time to learn how it works. You'll lose. You're giving it a 7/10? That's not even a terrible score. You're saying it sucks, and then giving it a half-decent rating. Your post sucks. 1/10.

ljkkjlcm9
06-07-2006, 08:55 PM
from every post I've seen by Pontius, he just tries to create controversy... Honestly dude, just stop it because it's starting to get annoying

THE JACKEL

a nirvana fan
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
What are you talking about!? Super Smash rules! I had hours and hours of fun playing this a day:D

Elite Lord Sigma
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
You are flat out lying if it takes you an hour to beat the game, unless you're doing it on Very Hard mode. If it takes you that long, you suck. And the controls are not difficult at all. It's probably more because you haven't bothered to take the time to learn them. And if you think the computers are cheap, you apparently are nowhere near skilled enough to take them down. They're easy for me, even at Level 9. Try bumping your handicap down to 1 while keeping theirs at 9. That'll be challenging. And it is impossible to get everything in an hour (unless you're a cheap little brat and cheat). It can't be done.

In short, your logic sucks, your skill sucks, and your post sucks. Therefore, you suck. Your post gets a -10/10.

KentaRawr!
06-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I like it alot. :) I find it very fun and challenging. Of course, I used to consider it easy. Then I started to play like crud. :( But that is beside the point. The point is is that... >_> <_<...

Well, if the game sucks, why did you give it a score over 50%? n_n;

Master Quan
06-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Come on, guys, The Jackal completely hit the nail on the head.

Just ignore this bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Possibly it's just you
I wanted to buy the game or something like it just by watching some guys at my old school play it

Fire_Emblem776
06-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Maybe he got a game shark and got all the stuff-_-

Master Quan
06-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Then it somewhat defeats his argument, don't you think?

Crossblades
06-08-2006, 12:20 AM

7/10

You are insane. SSBM is the best fighting game EVER. If you think the controls are awful, it's because you didn't practice enough. Plus, it's a fighting game so it's only supposed to take an hour or less to beat it

Burtuc
06-08-2006, 06:39 AM
SUper Smash bros Melee is a great game. I think you said what you said on purpose!. You must be asking to get flamed.

PontiusPilate
06-08-2006, 04:22 PM

7/10
It's a fighting game. If it takes you an hour to beat the one-player mode, you suck at it. If you're claiming that you unlocked everything in an hour, you're lying, because that's impossible. The computer is cheap? The computer is simple. The computer is the easiest thing in the world to beat. Never play against someone who's taken the time to learn how it works. You'll lose. You're giving it a 7/10? That's not even a terrible score. You're saying it sucks, and then giving it a half-decent rating. Your post sucks. 1/10.

Sorry i offended the fanboys

Well no crap it was more than the story mode i beat in an hour. I guess when i meant an hour i meant how much fun i squeezed out of the game before i got bored. No I just don't hate fighting games, ive played tons of fighting games that i could spend hours playing without getting bored once. (soul calibur II) A semi retarded child could beat this game. And i'm not trying to start controvery so shut up.
I can back up all my statements with facts.

Melee controls suck. If i take one step with someone like Captain F. he runs off the effing stage. At least make the controls more responsive. I am an only child, i have no brother or sister to play with. No, i'm not going to have my friends just to play videogames, thats what lame people do.

So maybe instead of whining that everything i say is Bull**** you should actually use facts to show me why this is good. You are starting the controversy. Example, I asked something like this about FF tactics and if u read on the people actually gave helpful advice and in the end it changed my mind about the game. http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=84808

Roto13
06-08-2006, 05:01 PM
You didn't ask for advice, you just whined and bitched. You also can't back up opinion with facts, so it's stupid to ask people to do so.

Also, don't whine that you're not having any fun playing a multiplayer game alone. That's like saying a frisbee is boring because you can't throw it at yourself.

PontiusPilate
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM

7/10

Since Roto is illiterate i will point out where i asked my question (Its underlined). My conclusion is that gamecube just sucks. Thats why it's not selling and nobody likes it. You nintendo fans are just as pathetic as the system. lol

Have some johnson and johnsons "No more tears" baby shampoo, roto http://www.harvardpilgrim.mimrx.com/harvard/SiteImages/PrdImages/200x200/0381370037248.JPG

Now if you don't want to contribute, then shut up i dont want to hear your whining

No.78
06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Ban anyone?

Craig
06-08-2006, 05:15 PM
It's you.

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Well no crap it was more than the story mode i beat in an hour. I guess when i meant an hour i meant how much fun i squeezed out of the game before i got bored. No I just don't hate fighting games, ive played tons of fighting games that i could spend hours playing without getting bored once. (soul calibur II) A semi retarded child could beat this game. And i'm not trying to start controvery so shut up.
I can back up all my statements with facts.
Beating a little more than the story mode doesn't mean beating everything. In order to unlock everything in the game, you'll have to spend far more than 1 hour. It IS 100% impossible to get everything in 1 hour unless you cheat.

Melee controls suck. If i take one step with someone like Captain F. he runs off the effing stage. At least make the controls more responsive. I am an only child, i have no brother or sister to play with.Captain Falcon is supposed to be the fastest running character in the game and if you can't use him without running off the stage, then you just suck at using him. If you don't like the controls, that means you just don't have the patience to learn them. No one else seems to have a problem with them, so they are perfectly fine.

No, i'm not going to have my friends just to play videogames, thats what lame people do.Hands down, most retarded thing I've heared/read this week.

So maybe instead of whining that everything i say is Bull**** you should actually use facts to show me why this is good. You are starting the controversy.
SSBM got a big set of characters who all works extremely different from each other (except for Mario and Dr. Mario) along with a big set of different and original stages which adds a lot of variation to the gameplay... not to mention all the different settings and special melee's. As for 1P mode, you can play Adventure, Classic and later on All-Star with every character and at 5 different difficulties. And then, there's 51 event matches to beat as well. The soundtrack is far superior to that of any other fighting game, and seriously... it takes much longer to master every character in smash than in the average fighting game, by far. When it comes to multiplayer, especially FFA with 4 players, nothing beats this game.

Edit:

Since Roto is illiterate i will point out where i asked my question (Its underlined). My conclusion is that gamecube just sucks. Thats why it's not selling and nobody likes it. You nintendo fans are just as pathetic as the system. lol

Have some johnson and johnsons "No more tears" baby shampoo, roto http://www.harvardpilgrim.mimrx.com/harvard/SiteImages/PrdImages/200x200/0381370037248.JPG

Now if you don't want to contribute, then shut up i dont want to hear your whiningOk, you're the official lame-ass of the day. Congratulations.

Lionx
06-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I dont think this forum is going to swing that way like most other forums(as good as some might be even), in which is why i come here,. @_@ You could get banned...

On that note, play people of good skill please. A friend of mine is pretty damn good...just like every fighting game, 1player mode is a joke(even though Melee probably has the BEST 1 player mode ever). Its the inside competition and hidden stuff that most but the actual competitive will see that makes the game so great. I will link a vid you can download of my friend since i dont have a recording of me...but although it seems simple on the video, alot of things are going on behind the characters and the commands on the controllers, like Short hopping, WaveDashing, and Shining(Fox only), Marth's Chaingrab on fast fallers, as well as other stuff like ledge control. You wont see this vs the cpu at all, but if you are serious...you need to find good comp, and try it out. Smashboards.com is where its at.

Other than that, if that doesnt interest you still, then maybe Smash isnt your game, or maybe you just arent into the competitive par of Fighting Games...i dont know. But anyway(B4k4 is my friend, and HDL is Lead Peurto Rican champ who is playing easy on casual):

http://files.filefront.com/Lord_HDL_Link_VS_B4k4_FoxWMV/;5128251;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Lord_HDL_Marth_VS_B4k4_FoxWMV/;5128271;;/fileinfo.html

This is actual tournie(The Dair-Tilt really killed hiim @_@):

http://files.filefront.com/Lord_HDL__Marth__VS_B4k4__Fox_/;5128297;;/fileinfo.html

Why do i like it? Because its a fighter and i am interested in playing it.

EDIT: I'd argue that Guilty Gear is really neck to neck with Smash in terms of music though.

And again its like you are judging Street Fighter sucks just because the cpus stink. >_>

KentaRawr!
06-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Your conclusion is that the gamecube sucks? u_u;; That's like looking at G4 and saying TV in general sucks. :choc2: Which it does, of course. :p

People like the game for various reasons. If you don't like it, that's good for you. You can't back up an opinion such as this with facts, because this part of our mind varries with each person.

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Crap, I get the 404 error! Damn! Hey, Linox... do you think you can re-upload the vids or something? >_<

I know that Lord HDL plays as Link, but what character does your friend use? :greenie:

Edit: Ok, nevermind. The links work now. ;)

Lionx
06-08-2006, 05:53 PM
They work for me, just if it loads the front page, press back and try again, and it should work. My friend is named Armando, and he lives like accross the US from me in Peurto Rico, and he helps me with some Smash even though he is so far...cool guy.

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Your friend got a really good Fox (would probably beat my Marth and Ganon anyday). Really nice shine combos at FD, to say the least.

There's nothing as annoying as getting shine-spiked at low %. :p

Or... actually... CJ's Sheik may be a little more annoying than any shine-happy Fox I've ever encountered so far. But that's the only exception. Man, CJ's Sheik is a P-A-I-N. >_<

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
No, i'm not going to have my friends just to play videogames, thats what lame people do.
]
isnt that the whole point of multiplayer? you know.....multiple people?

you have no taste:D

Crossblades
06-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Well he's banned now so no worries. Now let's all talk about how great SSBM is:D

Roto13
06-08-2006, 08:00 PM
So frigging great! And not hard! And with amazing controls!

Markus. D
06-08-2006, 08:10 PM
so simple and, .... wow... banned for disagreeing?, oh the irony.

Id ban someone if the judged it so thoughtlessly though.

Sephex
06-08-2006, 08:22 PM
That's like saying a frisbee is boring because you can't throw it at yourself.

That's awesome.

Shoeberto
06-08-2006, 08:47 PM
so simple and, .... wow... banned for disagreeing?, oh the irony.
Moreso banned for repeatedly flaming. He was on his final warning before this thread.

KentaRawr!
06-08-2006, 10:08 PM
I love SSBM. n_n My favorite character is Link. I'm not very good though. :O

Levian
06-08-2006, 10:17 PM
I like to be annoying and do the same trick over and over again. Preferrably one with an annoying sound that will be even more annoying repeadetly. Makes my opponent crazy ^_____^ Oh, and I like swallowing people with Kirby and jump off a cliff.

KentaRawr!
06-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Grabbing them with Donkey Kong makes them look more helpless. :)

Rase
06-08-2006, 10:55 PM
http://files.filefront.com/Lord_HDL_Link_VS_B4k4_FoxWMV/;5128251;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Lord_HDL_Marth_VS_B4k4_FoxWMV/;5128271;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Lord_HDL__Marth__VS_B4k4__Fox_/;5128297;;/fileinfo.html

:eek: Wow, dang those guys are good. I'm a little afraid of SSB online now, for fear I may run into some guys like. ;)

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2006, 11:08 PM
:eek: Wow, dang those guys are good. I'm a little afraid of SSB online now, for fear I may run into some guys like. ;)
Heh, then you should watch Ken and CJ. Lord HDL and Linox's friend are both really good... but Ken and CJ are bloody insane. :p

I've played CJ once. I managed to take 2 stocks and about 0% at best before getting pwned in a 4-stock match. It usually ended with him having 3 stocks left and around 80-100%, though. But that was a long time ago and I've improved a bit since then. I would never be able to beat him, though. >_<

Then again, CJ is like... the second best smash player in the world. :greenie:

Lionx
06-09-2006, 12:37 AM
I dont know who CJ is but i heard of the Ken and the legendary Azen who are just insane. The thing is, for most people, they dont even KNOW wtf Smash is really at a real level of play, and for me, as long as you know...its alot better than not knowing even if you cant play that good. At real play, this is no kid game, and is just as fierce as any other fighter.

http://files.filefront.com/Lord_HDL_Link_VS_Joe_Peach_3__/;5129433;;/fileinfo.html

Heres another for fun that i liked. Omg he doenst die @_@

Ultima Shadow
06-09-2006, 01:15 AM
CJ (Captain Jack) is the best player in Japan. His main is Sheik, but he can play ANY character at top level. He beat a decent Sheik with Donkey Kong without losing a singel stock in a 4-stock match at Pokemon Stadium. And while the Sheik player wasn't really a top player, it still says a lot. He was decent... and he played Sheik... and he got totally massacred by CJ's DK! :greenie:

Elite Lord Sigma
06-09-2006, 03:58 AM
My personal favorite is Roy, due to the fact that his Flare Blade attack is ungodly powerful, not to mention he's a good edge guarder if used properly, He also looks freakin' awesome in his gold armor. I found the best combo to use with Roy is to simply sidestep your opponent and attack. A combo that works well with him, I've found, is this:

Smash-Down-A (or Tilt-Down-A), Smash-Up-A, Smash-Side A

Ultima Shadow
06-09-2006, 12:35 PM
My personal favorite is Roy, due to the fact that his Flare Blade attack is ungodly powerful, not to mention he's a good edge guarder if used properly, He also looks freakin' awesome in his gold armor. I found the best combo to use with Roy is to simply sidestep your opponent and attack. A combo that works well with him, I've found, is this:

Smash-Down-A (or Tilt-Down-A), Smash-Up-A, Smash-Side AThat works on CPU's but sadly not on human players. I'm not a Roy player myself, but his Down Tilt can easily lead to aerials and at low % a guaranteed Side Smash. And you can usually get in a Down Tilt after a Forward Aerial (shffl'd). You can juggle some characters a bit with Up Aerials as well.

By the way... that video was awesome, Linox. Best bomb-jump comeback ever! :p

Laguna
06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
It really is just you... look at the rest of the world. We <3 it.

NeoCracker
06-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I can't help but think you said that to spite him.

Roto13
06-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Me? Never! ;)

But I do believe it.

Giga Guess
06-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Me? Never! ;)

But I do believe it.

Well that's white I liked about it! It's a fighter game that's easy to pick up and play.

Lionx
06-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Its easy to play yes @_@ But easy to actually compete in anything, it will take alot of work, and i mean alot, its not that easy to master real advance stuff..at least for me.

Giga Guess
06-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Its easy to play yes @_@ But easy to actually compete in anything, it will take alot of work, and i mean alot, its not that easy to master real advance stuff..at least for me.

Well that's just it. Easy to learn, tough to master.

Del Murder
06-10-2006, 06:35 PM

7/10
Banned or not, don't talk to people like that.

Sephex
06-11-2006, 09:02 AM

7/10
Banned or not, don't talk to people like that.

He was asking for it.