PDA

View Full Version : Is KH2 "Disney for adults"?

SuperMillionaire
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Is KH2 "Disney for adults"?

Sefie1999AD
06-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Hmm, yeah, I guess you could say that if you wanted to. In a Tetsuya Nomura interview, he said that when he did KH, his purpose was to show that Disney games can be played and enjoyed even by young people and adults, not just children. He probably had the same in mind when making KH2. There's some deep, intelligent and emotional moments every now and then in both games, but on the other hand, the Disney part of the game also creates some comic relief.

Tavrobel
06-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I'd say its more like "Disney for late-teen teenagers," as that is where most of the gaming demographic is. Although it does seem very childish on the outside, I think it's a brilliant ploy by SE to part you from your beloved dead Presidents. Children can play it and not understand a single thing, and adults can play it and not find a single thing wrong with it.

But you can't part me from my man; I'll always believe in you, Andrew Jackson! You can't part me from my lover!

SuperMillionaire
06-08-2006, 01:20 AM
I think it's for adults. Late-teenagers are people around 18, and that is an adult.

Mirage
06-08-2006, 01:51 AM
18 is not adult. Seriously, I think even 20 just barely qualifies as adult. Talking average here, ofcourse there are individual differences.

Tavrobel
06-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Yeah, Mirage said it. You may leagally be an adult at 18, but you aren't mentally, and that's kinda what matters as far as plot comprehension goes.

SuperMillionaire
06-08-2006, 01:17 PM
18 is not adult. Seriously, I think even 20 just barely qualifies as adult. Talking average here, ofcourse there are individual differences.
I know. At 21, you're still not much of an adult.

Krag Koopa
07-05-2006, 09:25 AM
I suppose..the story is a bit larger and darker than what you would hear in the actual disney stuff (the things involving mickey mouse and donald) but the movies can be kind of edgy sometimes...quite a bit of tragedy actually.

vorpal blade
07-05-2006, 10:34 AM
While the plot of KHII seemed darker than the first one, I felt that the content in COM was more mature than the other two;there's death and even swearing in COM. Examples:
Axel- "Now, Sora! Naminé! Riku! Marluxia! Larxene! It's about time you gave me one hell of a show!"
Cloud- "Today he loses more than the competition."
Vexen- "Splendid! As expected, you don't die so easily."
Axel- "You sure love to talk. It's about time you shut up — forever."
Riku Replica- "What happens when someone who's not real dies?"
And Axel kills Vexen right in front of you.

SuperMillionaire
07-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Rated AO for Adults Only.

Chocobo King
07-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Uh... yeah audults can play kingdom hearts 2 if they want

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 06:31 AM
My auntie and my uncle plays kingdom hearts 2 lol.

Key of Destiny
07-28-2006, 07:54 PM
While the plot of KHII seemed darker than the first one, I felt that the content in COM was more mature than the other two;there's death and even swearing in COM. Examples:
Axel- "Now, Sora! Naminé! Riku! Marluxia! Larxene! It's about time you gave me one hell of a show!"
Cloud- "Today he loses more than the competition."
Vexen- "Splendid! As expected, you don't die so easily."
Axel- "You sure love to talk. It's about time you shut up — forever."
Riku Replica- "What happens when someone who's not real dies?"
And Axel kills Vexen right in front of you.

Seems like Axel is doing most of the adultish things... Figures. It was hard to belive it when Axel just kills a guy begging for his life and on his knees! Axel's bad... In a good way.

SuperMillionaire
08-27-2006, 08:56 PM
That does it. KH2 is Disney for ADULTS.

Stunt
08-28-2006, 06:30 AM
I'd agree, because I certainly don't stay up late and watch Mickey and Goofy goof around. . . .*turns on Mickey Mouse*

SuperMillionaire
08-28-2006, 08:09 AM
LOL