PDA

View Full Version : Respect My Authoritaii!

Chris
06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
How much respect do you have for the authorities in general? Do you obay each and every single rule there is, or do you break rules now and then?

RESPECT THE GOVERNMENT'S AUTHORITAII! Or not.

How good are you?

Dignified Pauper
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
i have a lot of respect for the law, my grandfather, and those who demand respect, such as teachers and soldiers.

bipper
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Absolutly. I will respect them, but I will not blindly listen and follow orders that fall outside of athority's ... authority.

Zeldy
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Like teachers?
I don't give my parent's the respect I should, I know I should, but I just can't help being cheeky sometimes. My Dad said something like "And you wonder why you won't get a rise" and I just HAD to say "Because your tight" Parent's don't like it when you say that :(

I give some teacher's respect, others take it for advantage by making you fear them. Our year has the worst head of year possibly, he's banned almost everything.

Anaisa
06-07-2006, 09:34 PM
No, I don't respect the so called authority. An I oppose them every time I see fit.

Old Manus
06-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Vote Conservative, not Labour. Fight the power. Read the Daily Mail.

Tavrobel
06-07-2006, 10:32 PM
No! We rebel against the authority should be good people, and we enjoy giving the CKs and those in power a hard time, and spam as though there is no tomorrow post on topic. The authorities are powerless against us and must die genuinely good people if they don't go mad with power.

I'm alright, I would say. I try not to get on their bad side.

SammieBabe
06-07-2006, 10:34 PM
As someone who likes to have her authority respected, yes I try to respect authority...

Chaos
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I do respect authority as like others have said I would like mine to be respected. However there are certian rules and regulations I disagree with and therefore may not follow 100% to the letter. But I'm never rude to policemen or officials or anything, simply because there is no point and they are only doing their job.

Levian
06-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Respect my autobahn. :cool:

~SapphireStar~
06-07-2006, 11:06 PM
I just thought of Eric Cartman when I read the title!
I guess I respect most rules. But if someone doesnt respect me, well I dont respect them simply as. Yet my family expect me to respect my grandad who acts like my dad and treats me like crap! As if, as soon as I have his respect, he can have mine. Yet my fmaily think Im wrong for believing that.

Psychotic
06-07-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't respect them just because they've got authority, I respect them if they've earned it.

Hawkeye
06-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Absolutly. I will respect them, but I will not blindly listen and follow orders that fall outside of athority's ... authority.
(Too lazy to write an opinion, so what bip said.)

Zeromus_X
06-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Really, it depends on if I respect them or not.

Or 'respect their authoritaii' in this case.

Venom
06-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Who needs authority anyway?

Yuffie514
06-08-2006, 07:37 AM
i never broke a law, but that doesn't mean i'm a goody-two-shoes...

Itsunari 2000
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
People should be self-governing.

Mo-Nercy
06-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Dude, you're on a bit of a South Park trip right now aren't you? xD

Yeah, I tend to respect the authoritaii. But I still litter. All the time.

Imperfectionist
06-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I don't respect them just because they've got authority, I respect them if they've earned it.
My thoughts exactly

Christmas
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM

Roto13
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Right.

Automatically disrespecting authority is every bit as stupid an idiotic as automatically respecting anyone in power.

"I hate authority! I'm a rebel!"

>_<

Zante
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't respect authorities, my respect has to be earned.

Jess
06-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I've got your back, Psy! :jess:

bipper
06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I've got your back, Psy! :jess:

He is only saying that now cause he is a big scary Cid's Knight :mad:

Jebus
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't trust anyone with more power than I have. Also, my respect is earned, not given, and I happen to have rather high standards.

I follow laws that benefit society, but ones I disagree with strongly I have no trouble breaking.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-08-2006, 07:18 PM
My Canadian Government and Police tend to usually make good decisions, and when they don't it's acceptable, so yes, I respect those authorities. I don't necessarily repsect school authorities completely, but I don't go out of my way to misbehave at school either.

However, one thing I completely frown upon is our increasingly commercialized lifestyle and the American media. Each year we become a little more desensitized to violence and poor ethics due to TV and movies. Each year we fall more and more into a negative thought cycle due to the endless supply of bad news. Each year another disaster fills the media like the tsunami in Indonesia while millions of people die in Africa each year and it gets no coverage due to not being sensational enough. And each year the marketing machine finds more ways to fill our lives with advertising so we can waste more money. Trends and fads pass, and there is only an illusion of choice, since rich little bastards in their offices find a new way to target an age group for a new trend. We continue to kill animals and wreck the enviroment with pollution. So I don't repsect the media or how our lifestyle continues to fall into commercialization. If there was a way to rebel against the media in any other way than I already use, I would, but I also have to conform to some of the very issues that continue to degrade our lives.

Hambone
06-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Like teachers?
I don't give my parent's the respect I should, I know I should, but I just can't help being cheeky sometimes. My Dad said something like "And you wonder why you won't get a rise" and I just HAD to say "Because your tight" Parent's don't like it when you say that :(

I give some teacher's respect, others take it for advantage by making you fear them. Our year has the worst head of year possibly, he's banned almost everything.
lol you said cheeky! That's the funniest word I have ever heard! I think I'll start using it fom now on!:chuckle: :laugh: :tongue:

Anyway, I have very little respect for U.S government. They aren't very smart.

Ki Ki
06-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I have to respect it here or I will be tossed into jail or deported. ;__;
But sshhh ... you didn't hear that from me! x:

Loony BoB
06-09-2006, 11:31 AM
The police? Yes, definitely. So long as they are doing their job to their job description then they have a lot of my respect.

The government? I don't really care. I respect that they have to make some pretty awful decisions though, and managing a country is no simple thing to do.

The army? I respect that they follow the orders of their superiors and they give their lives for their country.

The authorities on websites etc? Of course, it's a private organisation and so long as I abide by their rules then I should never have a problem with any of them.

Parents? I think I respected my parents when they had authority over myself, which they no longer do.

My boss? Yes, because we get along well.

I respect people by default, and they can only lose that respect. If a policeman is corrupt, if a soldier abuses his position, if the government breaks their own laws, if a moderator abuses his power, if parents don't treat their children as they should or if a boss is unfair to you, then they'll lose respect.

But without going down to personal issues with certain individuals such as those corrupted people, on a whole, yes, I do respect authority.

ekinserge
06-09-2006, 11:49 AM
i'm not a good guy...

because i believe that rules are made to be broken...

for example, before this in malaysia, the authorities planned to impose curfew to underage citizens...

which means that youth under 18 are limited to the confines of their homes an hour before midnight...

and this is cruel...

Madame Adequate
06-09-2006, 01:20 PM

Quoted for blimptastic truth, yo.

I respect, but do not even remotely trust, anybody who has power over me and isn't personally known to me.