PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

KentaRawr!
06-08-2006, 01:38 AM
This is a video that many have seen over the intarweb, but upon inspecting this forum, it is nowhere to be found. So, I present to you this flash made by one by the name of "Proxicide", Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter 2 (Please note: It's actually Mortal Kombat 3 vs Street Fighter 3. The 2 is there because he made one before this.)

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/276650

My thoughts:

Ryu and Sakura shouldn't be together.
Liu Kang would have won if Ryu didn't send in that Hadouken through the portal.
Scorpion is the very essence of cheapness.
And Akuma is not Ryu's bud.

What are YOUR thoughts?

Edit: Since you guys like this one so much, I guess I'll be less of a judgemental communist and show you the first one. Be warned, it's not as super amazing as the one you saw earlier in this post. Here's the link:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/239473

Hawkeye
06-08-2006, 01:53 AM
This was actually one bad ass movie. And I agree with you.

Behold the Void
06-08-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm more than moderately surprised about the quality of that movie. It was interesting, definitely, although the points you made are obviously valid.

I don't think Lui Kang should have been taken out that easily though.

Erdrick Holmes
06-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Mortal Kombat=Fisher Prices: My First Fighting Game.

DeathKnight
06-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Sakura and Ryu are so GREAT:love: :love: :love: :love:

man this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif's better than any crap Capcom could come up with.

wow, just wow! whoever did this is great.

Hahahahah, it had EMOTION, FUNNY PARTS, and it was cinematic.

haha it even had FFX-2 music....................wow thanks Kentarou.

And I voted "Akuma wins" before watching the whole thing lmao!:D

Rase
06-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Mortal Kombat=Fisher Prices: My First Fighting Game.
How does that really pretain to the Flash video?

Anyway, I thought it was a very well made video and made excellent use of the sprites. In fact, it was probably one of the best sprite Flash's I've seen. Nice find Kentarou.

DeathKnight
06-08-2006, 06:14 AM
Watching this makes me think:

-Doesn't the story and cinematic feel of that video get you interested and into the fighting???

-Why can't Capcom create meaningful story lines which actually go somewhere???

-If fighting games focused more on the story and how characters get along they'd have a GREAT game. A game which takes TOTALLY different approach is ALWAYS great. Like I've said before, I'd like to see a fighting game where what you do in the game with one character affects the way that character is seen and portrayed by other fighters.

Imagine Chun-Li somewhat angry with Ryu because of how much he protects Sakura.

Or M.Bison coming in to save Chun-Li in some fights.

It'd just be WICKED nice.........................................*dreams* I'm better than any of those Capcom losers:mad2:

Rase
06-08-2006, 06:26 AM
A game which takes TOTALLY different approach is ALWAYS great.

So if someone made a game where you stared at a blank screen for an hour then got a "Game Over" screen, it'd be great? :p

KentaRawr!
06-08-2006, 06:40 AM
Yes, Rase. You just can't see it. :p You must be a part of the darkness, and accept it as it is. Then, at that point, you can change nothing into anything, and bring it into fun. That is the art of the mind. Or it's just an advanced form of socialized corruption. :) Call it what you wish.

Anyway, since you liked that one so much, I edited the first one into my post. Be warned, though. It's not as super amazing.

Rase
06-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Ah, I remember that one. In fact, that's what I initially thought of when I saw this topic. Yeah, it's not as well made, but still pretty nice. Little too much slow-mo for my tastes.

Yuffie514
06-08-2006, 07:10 AM
i had always liked Mortal Kombat much more, even after i just quit playing fighting games. the fatalities, storyline, etc. for every Capcom game, there is always something else in the top notch...

DeathKnight
06-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Not bad Kentarou, thanks again. But the other one was WAY better.

Um hey, do you know how to make these flahs thingies??? I have flash....but...I really don't know where to get the sprites and everything and how to work the sprites in flash..............=X...help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Roto13
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I love these sprite videos. They're always cool. I saw the Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat ones months ago, but I only discovered these ones last week:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/308690

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/314226

HINT: The second one is much better than the first one.

Dreddz
06-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Cool Flash.

Lychon
06-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Excellent video. But Mortal Kombat owns Street Fighter...on most days.

-LYCHON

Lionx
06-11-2006, 01:40 AM
I saw this a while ago, it was impressive how he pulled it off with mostly original sprites.

the fatalities, storyline, etc.

Then you are looking at the wrong things about a fighting game.

Del Murder
06-12-2006, 02:23 AM
That was very cool, but I bet Sub-Zero could beat them both.

KentaRawr!
06-12-2006, 02:53 AM
That was very cool, but I bet Sub-Zero could beat them both.

But he's not a Ninja! How could someone who isn't a Ninja beat Ryu? :nonono: