PDA

View Full Version : 1UP interview with Nomura et al.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-08-2006, 06:59 AM
When I asked Mr. Nomura to design this character, I requested someone like a female version of Cloud from FFVII (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151333).BRILLIANT

Moon Rabbits
06-08-2006, 12:32 PM
That quote ruined everything about that character for me.

Mirage
06-08-2006, 12:45 PM
You mean you haven't noticed the similiarities before now? Anyway, that would explain it. :/

Shiny
06-08-2006, 11:55 PM
EGM: Do your actions determine if your character is good or evil?
TN: That's an interesting idea, [laughs]

Suspicious. Is this going to be like Fable?

DeathKnight
06-09-2006, 12:17 AM
That quote ruined everything about that character for me.

ditto

Gnostic Yevon
06-09-2006, 01:16 AM
I do like that 13 itself will be ATB, or at least that's how it sounds. I don't like the gambit idea.

rubah
06-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Nice to see that somebody is willing to call terra a main character.

DeathKnight
06-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Nice to see that somebody is willing to call terra a main character.

So that's her name???? Nooooooooooooooooo!:( :( :(

I hope there's a better babe in this game *sigh*

rubah
06-09-2006, 10:25 PM
there were already female main characters, like in FFVI. . .

Snap Jumper
06-09-2006, 11:49 PM
So that's her name???? Nooooooooooooooooo!

What's wrong with the name Terra?

atlanteay
06-10-2006, 10:41 PM
I think rubah meant that they appreciated Terra in FF6 and referred Terra as the main character of FF6. I may be wrong..

well, i thought designing her after cloud is great because it's about time we get one tough female lead. *looks at past ff females*

tifa- ok, maybe she's tough but she still walked like a girly girl:p
aeris- don't even get me started:eep:
rinoa- squall save meee!:D
garnet- she's princess...dat explains a lot;)
yuna- i'm being kidnapped by Al Bheds!!:eep:
x-2 yuna- she's a pop singer too so not so tough:sing:
so ya, a cloud like lead could be interesting. At least she won't get kidnapped....i hope:shifty:

Dreddz
06-11-2006, 01:48 AM
There using the motion sensor features of the controller, sweet !

Mirage
06-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Yeah, we all saw how good that turned out in their Warhawk demo... It's not interesting at all if it's not like Nintendo's. Just moving the controller like you do with the PS3 won't cut it.

rubah
06-11-2006, 05:37 AM
thank you atlanteay:]

I bet they use the motion sensor for the chick's gunblade. Oh man, that would be sweet.

Mirage
06-11-2006, 12:32 PM
I think rubah meant that they appreciated Terra in FF6 and referred Terra as the main character of FF6. I may be wrong..

well, i thought designing her after cloud is great because it's about time we get one tough female lead. *looks at past ff females*

so ya, a cloud like lead could be interesting. At least she won't get kidnapped....i hope:shifty:
I hope she will be, and then breaks free on her own, dismembering every single of the kidnappers.

atlanteay
06-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I hope she will be, and then breaks free on her own, dismembering every single of the kidnappers.
that's a good idea too. No more "i need the male lead to save me!"

Fantasy Fan
06-11-2006, 05:04 PM
ermm, this sucks

Lon611
06-11-2006, 05:51 PM

what about paine?;)

Mirage
06-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Paine wasn't a lead character.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2006, 03:40 AM
Neither were most of the characters on that list, though.

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Can't wait to see what the other characters look like, finding out this babe's gonna be Cloud#2 is a huge turn-off. Well hey, she's cute, and she's got SOOOOOOOOFT HAIR! so she's still......alright ;P.

But I REALLY want to see the OTHER babes, aaaaaaaaaaah! yeah I have a feeling they're gonna be better.

Snap Jumper
06-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Those characters on that list were not THE main characters, but they were female leads. Of those, Tifa is the toughest, and I'd like to see another female that can fight with her hands. Terra and Celes were strong female leads, as well. Reina was a bit bland, and Rosa....well....don't get me started. Maria was intended to be a mage, but you could easily change that. I like what I've seen of "Lightning" (I know that is probably not her name) so far.

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Those characters on that list were not THE main characters, but they were female leads. Of those, Tifa is the toughest, and I'd like to see another female that can fight with her hands. Terra and Celes were strong female leads, as well. Reina was a bit bland, and Rosa....well....don't get me started. Maria was intended to be a mage, but you could easily change that. I like what I've seen of "Lightning" (I know that is probably not her name) so far.

Tifa wasn't THAT strong, her attacks barely do any good. Just because she CAN punch doesn't mean she's GOOD at it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
When a character uses fists for weapons, and all of that character's special attacks are also barefisted, we say that that character is physically strong.

atlanteay
06-12-2006, 10:51 PM
tifa seemed tough in kh2 tho:p she punched the wall and the whole thing trembled. I agree, tifa wasn't the toughest character in ff7.

the Lightning girl, i heard people say her name is Chara. Where did they hear that?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-13-2006, 01:31 AM
"Chara" is a chiefly Japanese abbreviation for "character." Someone unfamiliar probably spotted it in a magazine scan and assumed it was her name. Same thing happened with Kingdom Hearts II and the blonde-haired kid.

Hawkeye
06-13-2006, 03:36 AM
'Cloudette?' No wai!

+syou+
06-13-2006, 04:26 AM
^cloudette xDDD

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 07:05 PM
When a character uses fists for weapons, and all of that character's special attacks are also barefisted, we say that that character is physically strong.

Physically CAPABLE

YTDN
06-15-2006, 04:40 PM

Or maybe the male lead gets kidnapped, and the girl has to save him!

And I'm fine with her being tough, but i don't want her being emo like cloud.

feona17
06-26-2006, 06:30 AM
This female, terra, lightning.. whatever her name is, looks pretty tough to me. She had impressive moves in the trailer but who knows.

uhm, paine was pretty tough. she packed quite the punch and always leveled up faster than yuna and rikku for me, which i liked.

Dragon Mage
08-03-2006, 02:32 AM
No more "i need the male lead to save me!"
atlanteay, you are my new best friend. I get so sick and tired of this being the situation all the time...it makes you want kill something. Preferably the game creators.

As for the main character being designed after Cloud...well, hey, a classic never dies. I like the idea.

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 05:31 PM
No more "i need the male lead to save me!"
atlanteay, you are my new best friend. I get so sick and tired of this being the situation all the time...it makes you want kill something. Preferably the game creators.

As for the main character being designed after Cloud...well, hey, a classic never dies. I like the idea.

Men should always protect their girls
(Don't take it macho, ...)

As from what I saw, it's just another Trigger Happy Girl.
We had enought of that...

Like say, the last robot she's fighting could be a strong and durable boss.
But for a master swordsman, he could cut through hundreds of them, literaly slash them in half...
(like Odin)
...in one hit.

Dragon Mage
08-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Men should always protect their girls
(Don't take it macho, ...)
Excuse me? Are you implying that women are weaker than men? That is complete bullsh**. Men aren't any better than women, and women are better suited to a fighting situation than you may think. It seriously pisses me off when the female characters are always portrayed as weaklings that have to rely on men to protect them at every turn. It's sexist, degrading, and highly insulting. Trust me, you don't want to get me started.