PDA

View Full Version : Mupen64 Help.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-08-2006, 05:57 PM
As you see, I have been using Mupen64 as an emulator to play Majora's Mask. The thing is when I press "start" to open the menu, it goes all freaky where as I cannot select anything, just change menu screens. I have tried various video plug-ins without any success. Though some of them turned the jumpy menu screen stable, I still was unable to select anything. I then thought it was my ROM, so I had the European version, so I downloaded the USA version. This time when I tried it, the menu screen was still messed up, but when I randomly pressed buttons, I eventually got it to select something. With the USA version, the menu is not jumpy, but the selection icon thinger, only stays on "Z" and "R", nothing inbetween. It is annoying me since I did not have this problem with Ocarina of Time. Anyways, I am not too sure if these types of threads, but if anyone has any suggestions, I will welcome them.

o_O
06-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Are you running Mupen64 on some non-Windows OS?
Because it seems that it has a few problems with some Linux packages.

Majora's mask works fine for me on Project64. I'd recommend getting that, I've never had a problem with it on any game. :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Nope, I am running it on Windows.

I have Project64, I guess I should try it out with the game and see. Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: I tried it and I am having no problems so far. I do not mind redoing the beginning since I was not that far anyways. Thanks again, I really appreciate it o_O!

o_O
06-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Not a problem. :p

Mupen64 was developed as an easily portable emulator, so as a result, it has become mostly supported on other OSs (mainly Linux). What's more, the Windows release of it is a port from Linux.
Even with that support, it still isn't up to the standard of most Windows emulators. Better to go with the tried and true, I say. :p