PDA

View Full Version : Burnin some episodes problems

Tama2
06-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Well let me start by stabbin myself, out of pure rage.

I can't seem to figure out what is goin on with the shows I downloaded. They say there .divx5 but won't play in DivX. They only play in MPC. I want to burn these to DVD but they need to be in DivX format. But alas, They aren't 'cos every single program I;ve used to burn or convert these files say they don't know wtf it is. So Can someone help me to burn these files.

zx.tenchi-universe.01.divx5

is what it says. I don't care how simple this is just help me please. : D?

starseeker
06-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I thought DivX only went up to 4. It could be a new file type which wouldn't be recognised.

crono_logical
06-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Divx is up to 6 now.

Usually all a .divx etc file is though is a normal .avi file but some lamer decided to change the extension to misguide people. Renaming them back to .avi should be ok. MPC (and most media players) are clever enough to see through that and detect the correct file type. :p

When you're burning them to a DVD though, I think you're trying to burn them in such a way that a normal DVD player can read them (probably called Video disc or similar), hence why it's being fussy. Unless you really do want to be making a disc for normal DVD players, you really want to be making a normal data DVD for computers if all you want to do is back the files up.