PDA

View Full Version : ffx-2 last mission

Marluxiaswife
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/yunasassy/lastmission.jpg

Who wants Last Mission here in America?!
I do what about you? VOTE NOW!!

questions: Is Last Mission like a Final Fantasy X-3?
or is it a Final Fantasy X-2 with extra sceens in it?

VOTE NOW ^x^

Tavrobel
06-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Last Mission is more like what Eternal Calm was for FFX. Not a scene in the game itself, but it couldn't really stand on its own. It was playable, however, yet not released outside of Japan. It essentially chronicles how YRP (the characters, not the GullWing organization) fell apart after they found Tidus (assumption of the Mission was that Yuna received the Perfect Ending), and how they found out that being friends isn't just about knowing each other, it's about being together as well, whether physically or emotionally.

It's always been notated as FFX-2 + Last Mission, so this leads me to believe that Last Mission included the entirety of FFX-2, as well as an Eternal Clam-esque playable section, entitled "Last Mission," which is basically Chapter six of FFX-2.

For me, Last Mission was better than most of FFX-2 itself (which was pretty bad). It would have been nice to see it packaged with the game, but you know, Square doesn't think about things like that. It already has 10 million dollars from you; why would it need more? So it would be nice, (nice in the sense that I would have gotten my money's worth for that game, not in anyway that I support the game whatsoever) but that window of opportunity has been shut closed. If they wanted to re-release FFX-2 with it, it would be a waste of time and money, for BOTH parties involved.

http://www.warmech.net/warmechsmall.html
This essentially chronicles that which is important.

Venom
06-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Sure I'll buy it, but I might regret it later.

4evarisha
06-09-2006, 12:53 AM
I want it here I also want to be able to rename the characters

Sefie1999AD
06-09-2006, 03:01 PM
The Last Mission seems pretty good, but I've already bought the normal game and played through it, so I don't think I'd buy it again just for some extra parts. The extra scenes are pretty well done and have their emotional parts, though, and the final ending FMV and music are very sweet (it's basically showing some key scenes from FFX and FFX-2 with a vocal version of Yuna's Ballad playing in the background). ^^

No.78
06-09-2006, 03:24 PM
I was really disappointed when I found it wasn;t coming to us...

Marluxiaswife
06-09-2006, 06:26 PM
SPOILERS

Sceen In Last Mission

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;2139312;;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;2139311;;/fileinfo.html

Ending Last Mission

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;3824665;;/fileinfo.html

Fighting Sceen

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;2139306;;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;2139307;;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;2981674;;/fileinfo.html

makes you want the game even more!

a nirvana fan
06-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I want it if its related to Final Fantasy.

I want it in Europe though:D

Marluxiaswife
06-09-2006, 07:42 PM

But Last Mission is already in Europe,
Japan and Europe Only
Thats why i want us to have Last Mission,
I really want to play that game :X

DeathKnight
06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I want it! I always wanted to see what REALLY happens with Rikku and Paine after the Perfect ending:mog: I NEED TO STEAL this game.....

Flower Moon's such a great fan, proud of her.

FFX/X-2 Army! :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry:

Marluxiaswife
06-10-2006, 12:39 AM
I want it! I always wanted to see what REALLY happens with Rikku and Paine after the Perfect ending:mog: I NEED TO STEAL this game.....

Flower Moon's such a great fan, proud of her.

FFX/X-2 Army! :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry:

Thank you ^x^

Sefie1999AD
06-10-2006, 12:49 AM

Japan and Europe Only

No, I don't think it's out in Europe. Maybe you're getting FFX-2 Int + Last Mission mixed with FFX International, which was released in Japan and Europe? Only the normal version of Final Fantasy X-2 was released here as far as I know.

EDIT: Yikes, I forgot the word "mixed", so my message made no sense at all.

Tavrobel
06-10-2006, 01:05 AM
No, Europe's International comes with Last Mission. And Europe did get Int. I'm pretty sure that if this were FFX, they would put in the FFX forum. Well, the mods would...

Neither Last Mission nor International came out in the States.
The original Last Mission that was released in Japan was just FFX-2 NTSC-J with the added mission, which is on a separate disc. FFX-2 Internatonal comes with very different options available in FFX-2's main game itself, without touching Last Mission.

TheSpoonyBard
06-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Europe's International comes with Last Mission
FFX-2 International + Last Mission was only released in Japan. Ever wonder why all the screenshots for it have Japanese text?

Tavrobel
06-10-2006, 04:00 AM
Well, as we all know, the Japanese are the sires of white people in Europe. they can read minds and all have the ability to distinguish between red and green. Unfortunately, they also despite Christmas, a genuinely American holiday based on the prophet of Muhammed. Fortunately for us, Iraq is now the most popular Spring Break destination, and people can't go over there ithout getting hugged or admired.

But, it is simply clear that Europeans have figured out how to stop global warming, but the icebergs are on the attack, now ready to do battle with the new Washington-Mexican economy, which solved our immigration problems. Santa then came and struck us down with Chinese words. Pandaren means Panda-man in Swahili, and the Ninja armadillo came with the Pope to dance. Because of the FACT that this is true, then you are clearly wrong.

I looked it up on Google, after I posted (smart idea, right?) and yeah, you're right, I just forgot to cross it out.
And no, I never wondered why it's in Japanese; it's called not caring.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-10-2006, 04:23 PM
isnt it already too late? we cant really do anything abou it

Marluxiaswife
06-10-2006, 07:17 PM
isnt it already too late? we cant really do anything abou it

unless they make one for us
*background* HA HA HA HA

No.78
06-10-2006, 07:18 PM

Japan and Europe Only

It's coming to Europe tooo1?!?!?! OMG!!!! WHEN!?

Marluxiaswife
06-10-2006, 07:57 PM

Japan and Europe Only

It's coming to Europe tooo1?!?!?! OMG!!!! WHEN!?

Um from what i read it said that Last Mission was only solded in
Japan and Europe

TheSpoonyBard
06-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Um from what i read it said that Last Mission was only solded in Japan and Europe

FFX-2 International + Last Mission was only released in Japan. Ever wonder why all the screenshots for it have Japanese text?

Laugh at face of Danger
06-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Square can be so pig-headed at times

They don't think about their US and UK counterparts!

Venom
06-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Maybe America should be thankful there not getting this version.:love:

Marluxiaswife
06-11-2006, 01:23 AM

No I bought the game and now i want the japanese ps2, did you
see any of the cilps i posted?, Last Mission is different to FFX-2,
You have alot of fun and i want that game :mad2:

No.78
06-11-2006, 08:17 AM
So it's not coming to UK... *sigh* ... *eats*

Old Manus
06-11-2006, 11:53 AM
QFMFT

Marluxiaswife
06-12-2006, 04:24 AM
QFMFT

What? :confused:

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 08:36 AM
QFMFT

What? :confused:

Those are FF7 fanboys, don't worry 'bout them, they'll go away if you don't reply to their posts.

The POLL tells the truth though.

Marluxiaswife
06-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Dang alot of people want last mission :eek:

Venom
06-19-2006, 01:00 AM
QFMFT

HRTGEFGAES

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Square was probably scared that it wouldnt sell much here cause of the ratings they got from X-2. I would probably like to play it, but get sick of it like I did with X-2. I liked X way more :)

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 02:42 AM
Square was probably scared that it wouldnt sell much here cause of the ratings they got from X-2. I would probably like to play it, but get sick of it like I did with X-2. I liked X way more :)

bad ratings???:

out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.0 Presentation
The Charlie Angels-inspired motif and sphere hunter story may not be as epic as its predecessor, but it still has the top-notch production value that Square Enix is famous for.
9.6 Graphics
Hindered by just a smidgen of slowdown, FFX-2 is one of the best-looking games on any console. Facial animations have improved and the level of detail is amazing. The standard for all future RPGs.
8.6 Sound
The clarity of the music and sound effects are unrivaled among PS2 RPGs with returning voice actors better than they were the first time. The soundtrack isn't anywhere near as strong as X, though.
9.7 Gameplay
Even though the challenge level never exceeds that of an intermediate player, the job-switching system and absolute wealth of mini-games makes FFX-2 one of the most playable RPGs around.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
Five different endings, multiple story branches, an open-ended mission structure, 60-80 hours worth of gameplay, and the chance to go back and experience it again with New Game Plus makes it awesome.
Incredible OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Source: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/458/458474p6.html

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Duuude. I was just assuming. Dont kill me im only 12.

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 03:34 AM

"I was just assuming"

And I'm just giving you the facts.

killing you??? :tumble: if you think this is killing you you've seen nothing yet.

PS: That's the bad thing 'bout assuming, there's a BIG chance you're wrong. It's like saying "that black guy's got a gun" just based on his skin color(just an example).

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-19-2006, 03:40 AM

"I was just assuming"

killing you??? :tumble: if you think this is killing you you've seen nothing yet.

PS: That's the bad thing 'bout assuming, there's a BIG chance you're wrong. It's like saying "that black guy's got a gun" just based on his skin color(just an example).

Um yeah the killing is when you added all the "???" and anyways, i dont assume much. I would never that the skin color thing cause ive been judged many a times cause im hispanic ok. And yes I do know its an example ok. Please dont start cause im in a bad mood as it is.

Back to the point. I said that cause not many like x-2 in the first place. I liked it until I got sick of it. I hate it now. That might happen with others. Thats all I meant by it.

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 04:13 AM

"I was just assuming"

Um yeah the killing is when you added all the "???" and anyways, i dont assume much. I would never that the skin color thing cause ive been judged many a times cause im hispanic ok. And yes I do know its an example ok. Please dont start cause im in a bad mood as it is.

Back to the point. I said that cause not many like x-2 in the first place. I liked it until I got sick of it. I hate it now. That might happen with others. Thats all I meant by it.

Ok I get your point, but it still doesn't justify much. ALL I was correcting you 'bout was the "ratings" thing. You can dislike it or like it, doesn't make much a difference to me.

And once again, you say "many dislike it" but you have no proof of that. I mean you could say "many HERE in teh EOFF forums dislike it" or "most people I know" But to say it as if it's a GENEREAL feeling is far from the truth.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-19-2006, 04:16 AM

"I was just assuming"

Ok I get your point, but it still doesn't justify much. ALL I was correcting you 'bout was the "ratings" thing. You can dislike it or like it, doesn't make much a difference to me.

And once again, you say "many dislike it" but you have no proof of that. I mean you could say "many HERE in teh EOFF forums dislike it" or "most people I know" But to say it as if it's a GENEREAL feeling is far from the truth.
The proof lies all around the forum. It doesnt really matter that I dont have much proof cause you'll find a poll around here somewhere asking who liked it and who doesnt. Alot like it and alot dislike it. And its not far from the truth cause this many like it, this many dislike it, and this many are in between. Im sorry for acting mean if thats what started this but you didnt have to pay attention to me. Im a 12 year old. Nobody listens to me anyway.

Ace14
06-19-2006, 06:50 AM
I wish I had FFX-2+Last Mission... in english. They have new dresspheres, some other than new game called last mission, a new boss, and I heard something about creating your own fiends plus more. I really wish I had it.

Markus. D
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
my gfaveorite part of the last dungeon and the ummm... story levels.

some are quite funny.

edit: Ace14, you can catch fiends and train up there story levels. the best way to do this is through competition B) in the arena :)

kissgirls
06-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I really want Last Mission, looks cool!

Marluxiaswife
06-23-2006, 12:38 AM
You think Square Enix will really give us Last Mission?

I want it so bad :(

Jessweeee♪
06-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Maybe because we kept ranting about how much X-2 sucked we don't get last mission.
anyway, I read the translated script and they finally stooped to referring to Tidus as "That Guy"

DeathKnight
06-23-2006, 04:46 AM
Maybe because we kept ranting about how much X-2 sucked we don't get last mission.
anyway, I read the translated script and they finally stooped to referring to Tidus as "That Guy"

Man..now I REALLY want this game :crying2:

Marluxiaswife
06-23-2006, 07:14 PM

Not only FFX-2 but Final Fantasy VII AC didn't get a good rating here in America... Only Japanese People really liked Final Fantasy X-2 & AC
my friend from school told me that AC didn't get a good rating so don't ask me where it is,
But I really want Last Mission, When you think about it, it doesn't cout as us when you said x-2 sucked, there are people around the world that like that game counts here too, and Yeah Final Fantasy VII AC Didn't get a good rating too.

Anyways If we had last mission, i be so happy, i would play all day and even school night :p

DeathKnight
06-24-2006, 05:56 AM

Not only FFX-2 but Final Fantasy VII AC didn't get a good rating here in America... Only Japanese People really liked Final Fantasy X-2 & AC
my friend from school told me that AC didn't get a good rating so don't ask me where it is,
But I really want Last Mission, When you think about it, it doesn't count as us when you said x-2 sucked, there are people around the world that like that game counts here too, and Yeah Final Fantasy VII AC Didn't get a good rating too.

Anyways If we had last mission, i be so happy, i would play all day and even school night :p

Those lines REALLY need to be emphasized.

Marluxiaswife
06-24-2006, 07:04 AM

But I really want Last Mission, When you think about it, it doesn't count as us when you said x-2 sucked, there are people around the world that like that game counts here too, and Yeah Final Fantasy VII AC Didn't get a good rating too.

Those lines REALLY need to be emphasized.

Really O.o

Old Manus
06-24-2006, 10:28 AM
People who already have X-2 do not want to buy exactly the same game (save for about 2 differences)

Christmas
06-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Go learn Japanese, fly over to Japan and buy it if you are really so desperate.

Marluxiaswife
06-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Go learn Japanese, fly over to Japan and buy it if you are really so desperate.

I'm not that crazy, i would buy a japanese ps2 and play the game if i got that desperate :D

DeathKnight
06-25-2006, 04:37 AM
People who already have X-2 do not want to buy exactly the same game (save for about 2 differences)

*points to poll* you were saying?:rolleyes2

Marluxiaswife
06-25-2006, 06:39 AM

*points to poll* you were saying?:rolleyes2

:kaocheer:

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't hate X-2 so much now. I just didn't do everything, so I ruined the game for myself.

feona17
06-29-2006, 01:40 AM
Okay well I thought X-2 was good, there were some extremely hard bosses like the Bevelle dungeon, and there were some feel-good moments. I didn't like the fact that there weren't more playable characters, and that there weren't as many FMV's, but honestly X-2 is a pretty good game, compared to a lot of the crap out there. It DID get good reviews, and got a few bad ones. Isn't that the case for a lot of things?

And once again, a review is a person's opinion with some facts thrown in and should NEVER influence your own. If you're going to post in a forum about X-2, say what you think of the game yourself and don't say crap like "Oh well it got bad reviews so um yeah"

I really want Last Mission for myself, I think SE is being a little mean only releasing it in Japan when they could probably make some money here in North America. X-2 sort of just ends, and there wasn't any substance to the ending.. so maybe last mission would make up for that.

My boyfriend's going to Japan for the summer.. maybe I can guilt him into getting me one.. but I still don't know Japanese.. it's hopeless! >_<