PDA

View Full Version : Loud computer fan

Kappy
06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
And before you go shouting "WOO GO DELL!!!", I was in a library earlier before my exam and the computer next to me sounded like a damn 747 taking off and it kept on getting louder. I've seriously never heard a computer fan this loud before. I thought I should move across the room before it explodededed.

Kaaaaaaa-BOOM!
My computer was never this bad. Usually a rather large slap to the side of it was suffice, but this thing wouldn't shut up. Maybe there was a trapped animal inside! :monster:

a nirvana fan
06-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Ive been on some computers with really loud fans, it gets irritating when your trying to listen to music.

Levian
06-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm so disappointed. I thought this would be about computer fans (fanatics) that were loud. Like hooligans, only with computers.

Chris
06-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Ive been on some computers with really loud fans, it gets irritating when your trying to listen to music.
I totally agree. I'll be listening to some GJ, and "this" idiot disturbs my fragile piece of mind. HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT GRACE. Then all of a sudden, I become the loud one. ><

Kappy
06-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, if you so wish we can make that so, Levian.

Tasura
06-08-2006, 11:34 PM
With a normal, fan, my lpatop fan, and my 2 external hardrives, my room gets quite noisy, hence me always wearing headphones, but my laptop is generall quiet unless it starts yelling at me for doing too much at once, then it gets loud.

Yamaneko
06-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I have two intake fans, two outtake fans, a CPU heatsink fan, a GPU fan, and three other fans inside my PSU. I've gotten used to it.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-08-2006, 11:42 PM
I could've done with the other type of fan whilst I was on the computer today. I was baking and stewing in my own clothes

Dr Unne
06-08-2006, 11:42 PM
My fans are relatively quiet, but my DVD player sometimes sounds like a lawnmower engine.

VoodooChild
06-09-2006, 12:10 AM
My fans are relatively quiet, but my DVD player sometimes sounds like a lawnmower engine.

Mines the same :( When I put a DVD in, it sounds like its revving...but CONSTANTLY! Absolute nightmare when your trying to watch a DVD...hence the reason I purchased an actual DVD player this morning lol.

RSL
06-09-2006, 12:43 AM
My computer is sometimes very quite, but occasionally the fan seems to speed up and it gets really loud. I guess it might die some day.

KaakoriX
06-09-2006, 12:54 AM
my comp is reely loud...only when u trun it on tho

Shoeberto
06-09-2006, 01:34 AM
I used to have a fan that came with the case I bought that made a really horrible grinding noise until I couldn't stand it anymore and replaced it (~2 years later).

Also, the PSU that came with the case got ridiculously hot until one day it exploded on me in the middle of a LAN party.

Moral of the story is to not use anything that comes stock with a PC case.

Shlup
06-09-2006, 01:35 AM
My CPU fan is really loud. My exterior fans are not, and, in fact, both light up in pretty colors that make me dance.

Venom
06-09-2006, 01:45 AM
Mine isnt very loud, but if you turn all the sounds off you can hear the fan.

XxSephirothxX
06-09-2006, 02:31 AM
My old desktop's fan is almost dead, and when it boots up it makes an absolutely horrible "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound. Hitting the tower a few times fixes it though. :p

Yuffie514
06-09-2006, 02:56 AM
my laptop is quiet most of the time. occasionally i can hear the whirring sounds made by the fan. after several years of torture, i will take it to the Empire State Building and drop it from there. actually, dismembering it sounds like a good idea, so long as i don't have it plugged in...

rubah
06-09-2006, 04:54 AM
I would never yell 'woo go dell' unless I was screaming at someone named dell who had done something amazing.

I dont' notice my fan. But I do when I block the side and top of my case with pillows. Then there's just a ringing in my ears from the antinoise.

fantasyjunkie
06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
I have a gaming machine with several fans to keep it cool, so it can get kinda noisey :mad:

Meow
06-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I like having fans that sound like vacuum cleaners because they remind me to clean the case out every once in a while.

Samuraid
06-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Actually, Dell makes some of the quietest computers I have heard or seen, sometimes at the expense of sufficient cooling. (but thankfully they got it right with their latest BTX cases)

Two of my roommates have extremely loud computers. One has about 6 loud fans, while another has a CPU fan that screams like a mini jet engine.

My computer has about 5 fans, but they are low speed or temp controlled so it general is only a softer background noise.

Kappy
06-09-2006, 01:24 PM
my comp is reely loud...only when u trun it on tho

No WAI!

rubah
06-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I remember now. About a year ago I had my computer taken down cleaning it. It was disgusting inside. The fan had hugely thick dust on it. It was so gross. It's probably worse than that now. i bet it has pollen all over it inside.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm so disappointed. I thought this would be about computer fans (fanatics) that were loud. Like hooligans, only with computers.

Yeah, me too.

StarChild
06-09-2006, 07:14 PM
my desktop computer did that a lot, it took me taking apart the tower and cleaning the dust off the fan to stop it from being so loud...I probably should clean the fan in my laptop.

RPJesus
06-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Mine's all quiet and secretive. It means if I go and use my older one, the fan hurts my ears, I'm so unused to the sound. It's also slow and ugly and, yes, filled with hamsters.

Loud one's do put me off, but I barely ever have to use a computer with that.

bipper
06-09-2006, 07:18 PM
My processor fan is a turbine that looks like a 747. It runs quietly though. It is all the damn lights in my case that piss me off.

Bipper

nik0tine
06-09-2006, 07:41 PM
When I was little I used to throw my underwear on top of my Grandma's ceiling fan.

Zeldy
06-10-2006, 12:03 AM
This pc isnt that loud really.

And School has fancy Dell Computers and stacks of Laptops for STUDENTS use =O