PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-09-2006, 12:03 AM
1. Sometimes when I'm logging into my e-mail account and I'm typing my password in the cursor somehow automatically clicks itself back onto the username and then if I don't realise it fast enough everyone will be able to see my password. Can anyone explain what is going on here?
2. This used to happen on my PC at home until I changed mouses/mice. It recently has been happening on a few public computers too. The mouse sometimes adopts a life of it's own and all I see is the cursor zooming off to and fro and often clicks on random things. Explanation?

Thank you in advance

Dr Unne
06-09-2006, 12:53 AM
1. Some Javascript is probably moving the keyboard focus to a certain text box on the page, and if you click a text box really fast before it gets a chance, it will possibly move the focus somewhere unexpected. Gmail does this for example. Wait for the page to load entirely in your browser before you start typing.

2. Could be a crappy optical mouse. Could be an intruder taking over your machine remotely. Or anything in between.

Samuraid
06-09-2006, 07:00 AM
1. Some Javascript is probably moving the keyboard focus to a certain text box on the page, and if you click a text box really fast before it gets a chance, it will possibly move the focus somewhere unexpected. Gmail does this for example. Wait for the page to load entirely in your browser before you start typing.
Confirmed.

function setFocus() {
if (document.login_form.login.value == '') {
document.login_form.login.focus();
}
}
That's the exact code Yahoo.com uses.