PDA

View Full Version : Black Mages III?

Zechs
06-09-2006, 04:43 AM
Ok, it may be while or never for the Black Mages to put out another album, but if/when they do, what particulare song(s) do you think would be a nice addition?

I vote for the Boss theme in FFIV, Troops March on FFVI. But thats just me.

Zeromus_X
06-09-2006, 06:12 AM
In truth, they've done pretty much all the tunes I've wanted them to do. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt. (More Black Mages=Good.)

More final battle themes. (Besides Dancing Mad/Seymour Battle/Otherworld/etc.) Definitely 'Is this the Last Battle?", and "Final Battle" from FFIX would be cool too.

If they do branch out to other games, some Tactics themes would be cool, but I'd doubt it. (It may not fit their style anyway.)

Definitely the X-Death theme. It even sounds rockin' on the SNES, imagine what it would be like in real life. (Like they did with Battle on the Big Bridge.)

If they did the final dungeons of FFIII, that'd be awesome as well. (Make 'em all in one song, or something.)

I'd like whatever they'd play anyway, so meh.

Sefie1999AD
06-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I'd certainly want more songs from FFII, FFIII and FFV since so far each of them has had only one song arranged for the Black Mages. Some FFIX songs would be nice rockified, such as the Final Battle, and especially Immoral Melody and Dark Messenger (those two would make a nice medley together). I probably wouldn't like getting more arrangements for FFVI, FFVIII and FFX, though, as all of them have already three songs in the albums.

boys from the dwarf
06-18-2006, 09:03 AM
the only two tunes ive heard by the black mages are the FF6 bos tune and FF4 final battle. id love to hear the gilgamesh tune (i they have already done that though.). dark messenger, the final boss tune for FF9 and "maybe im a lion" from FF8 would be good.

blackmage_nuke
06-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Maybe im a lion has already been done i think

I'd love to hear the extreme from FF8 and if it hasnt been done Challenge from FFX would be rockin!

And another J-E-N-O-V-A would be really awesome, I know theyve already done it but ive hear J-E-N-O-V-A in over 5 versions now, another one wouldnt hurt :D

Sefie1999AD
06-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Maybe I'm a Lion and the Battle with Gilgamesh (Clash on the Big Bridge) have already been done. I don't think Challenge from FFX will get an arrangement. The Black Mages seem to use only songs composed by Nobuo Uematsu, and Challenge was by Masashi Hamauzu. Jenova has two versions by the Black Mages: one in BM1 Album, the other one in FFVII AC OST. They sound like the same, but they're actually different versions.

boys from the dwarf
06-21-2006, 07:12 PM
BTW. on newgrounds and a few other websites there is a FF spoof/tribute called attack of the black mages. there are 5 and the third one has some music by the black mages one of which is the FF6 boss tune. heres a link.

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/193962

rubah
06-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Imagine what the melodic line of The Oath would sound like as a guitar solo. *shivers* ~~~

Sephex
06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
The only one I really want them to do is the normal boss music from FFIV. I would explode from happiness if that happened.

kingcloud
03-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Defo "The Darkness of Eternity" from IX and the Boss Battle music to XII. Maybe even a nice medley of tracks from VII, like "Lurking in the Darkness" into the Shinra Theme. "Premonition" from VIII, the track played during the sorceress fights, would be pretty good, and "Jenova ABSOLUTE" would sound amazing I tihnk... and "Grand Finale", the song played when u fight Ultros in the theatre, from VI would sound incredible.

I want it now (if they release a new one...)

Fynn
03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, there's a couple from every FF which I'd like to hear:

FF1: Chaos' Shrine, Main Theme (a happier theme, but still - imagine...)
FF2: Castle Pandaemonium
FF4: Mystic Mysidia
FF5: Harvest ("Matoya's Cave"-style!)
FF6: The Fierce Battle (the one that plays during the battle with Atma)
FF7: Judgement Day, Jenova Absolute, The Birth of God, Crazy Motorcycle
FF8: Premonition, THE EXTREME (I have no idea why they haven't aranged it earlier)
FF9: Dark Messenger, Last Battle and... Crystal World, maybe? :D
FF10: Suteki Da Ne (like, a ROCK ballad), Mi'ihen Highroad

This could make for more than one album! :cool:

crono_logical
03-12-2007, 01:10 AM
I'd like to see how unexpected tracks turn out in that style, like Matoya's Cave or some of the overworld/airship themes from FF3 for example :p

Ashley Schovitz
03-12-2007, 01:23 AM
They might make another album after XIII.

ReloadPsi
03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
FF4's boss theme
FF6, Metamorphosis
FF7, Birth Of A God (Bizarro Sephiroth)
FF8, The Extreme (Ultimecia's last form)
FF9, Main battle, Trance Kuja and the final battle
FFX's normal battle theme, though I realise it'd be hard to make it sound right... I can't play it through in my head like the others.
FFX-2, Rikku's Theme (If you can't remember her, get her to use a Sing ability)

And a metal version of Eyes On Me, preferably NOT sung by a female J-Pop idol. The song's in English, please, please pick a singer who normally sings in that language. Hearing it done by some scandinavian deathmetaller would be hilarious actually.

By the way people, Matoya's Cave has been done already. It was a very neat blues piece. I really liked it.

A Black Mages arrangement of FF3's final battle theme is on the DS soundtrack as a bonus.

Cruise Control
03-13-2007, 02:16 AM
I read on the Black Mages official site, that they are doing a 3. It's supposed to be 2 disc, one exploring Japanese music.

psyniac_123
03-22-2007, 04:05 PM
What I want in Black Mages III (not all going to happen and SO MUCH FFIX).

1. The Landing (FFVIII)
2. Dark Messenger (FFIX)
3. The Final Battle (FFIII)*
4. Normal Battle (FFX)
5. Jenova Absolute (FFVII)
6. The Extreme (FFVIII)
7. Battle 1 (FFIX)
8. Skirmish of the Silver Dragons (FFIX)
9. Battle 2 (FFIX)
10. You're Not Alone! (FFIX)
11. Boss Battle (FFXII) [probably not going to happen since Nobuo doesn't own it :( ]
12. The Legendary Beast (FFVIII)
13. Those Who Fight / Fighting (FFVII)
14. Troops March (FFVI)
15. A Bridge Between One and Peridition (FFVIII)
16. Normal Battle Theme (FFVIII) (I forget the title)

* I believe this is definite, since it's on the FFIIIDS soundtrack.

Jowy
03-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Final Fantasy V's final battle music please. Crazy Motorcycle would be awesome too. 8-)

Avarice-ness
03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Who ever said the troops song from FFVI.

Yeah Martial Law, would sound like Darth Vader on Kefka on Crack and I APPROVE!

Shoot, even the Grand Finale version of that song makes me all ".. RAHHH HGOTTA TAKE OVER SOMETHING *grabs her parakeets cage and clings* EMPOWERMENT!"

Trance_Kuja
04-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Dark Messenger (would be godly) and Your'e Not Alone.