PDA

View Full Version : Garden Fresh!

rubah
06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Do any of you keep gardens? Do your parents?

I am eating the first cucumber of the season and it is so delicious.

Do you prefer storebought food? WHY?

Zeldy
06-09-2006, 11:53 PM
I have a garden, but the only thing we grow is weeds.

Chris
06-10-2006, 12:05 AM
My parents did use to keep a garden, but they never had the time to actually enjoy it. It was only kept alive by some of our staff, so my parents sold it.

Levian
06-10-2006, 12:21 AM
I don't like plants. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannosaurus)

Yuffie514
06-10-2006, 01:18 AM
i don't manage it, but mom harvests aloe vera, lemon grass, cherry-bomb pepper, and other Asian greens (mint). all i do is pour dirty fish water onto the roses and bushes - for some beneficial cause. my mom would've loved Harvest Moon if only she gave video-games a try...

Shoeberto
06-10-2006, 02:17 AM
My dad keeps a garden that I have to help plant and pick. I really don't eat enough vegetables to care that much about the difference between garden fresh and storebought. I am a heathen, I know :(

Meat Puppet
06-10-2006, 02:23 AM
I've done a bit of gardening here and there, but never anything outdoors.

Monster Hunt
06-10-2006, 02:27 AM
I grew a sunflower when I was five, and it's seeds tasted good! (yes, I did eat them)

Shlup
06-10-2006, 02:41 AM
My mom has a beautiful backyard full of plants. I love it. The only food she has though are grapes and the vine isn't doing very well.

I hope to have a garden when I have a house. I've only had one plant before though... a Venus fly trap. It didn't live very long. I think it got too much sun.

kikimm
06-10-2006, 02:53 AM
We have a lot of flowers and icky plants and trees that don't go together at all, but only a few fruit trees. We used to have tomatoes but not anymore. I miss them. They were awesome. We also used to have strawberries but screw strawberries.

fire_of_avalon
06-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Daddy keeps talking about growing a garden like my great grandparents used to, but that was fairly large and took up two growing patches. I think he should think smaller for now and do a couple things at first. And of course, the dallies (dahlias) I want back.

Also, I don't really care if it's from the garden, but I do prefer fresh food to non-fresh food.

StarChild
06-10-2006, 03:12 AM
My mom does. When we moved into our house the lady that lived here before kept one too, and for the longest time we kept having onions from her garden that kept popping up. Didn't have to buy onions for awhile ^__^

Rusty
06-10-2006, 03:29 AM
I don't have a vegetable garden. But I do love gardening. My house is small though and we have no room for a garden at all, so I grow and keep my favourite plants in pots.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-10-2006, 03:47 AM
When I was younger my parents had a garden for a few years. We had potatoes, cucummbers, turnips, green and yellow beens, peas, tomatoes, corn, pumpkins (once), onions and carrots. The best was after we helped weed or water them we were allowed to pull a fresh carrot out of the garden and rinse it in the brook. Man those were awesome carrots. My dad used to give my sister a quarter or something for every potato bug she picked.

Dignified Pauper
06-10-2006, 04:48 AM
home grown veggies always taste the best because they aren't processed before being shipped. Plus, the "hard" work needed to grow them is not that bad.

Avarice-ness
06-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Oh wow! When I was little and we lived at the beach there was a banana tree in the backyard with all the garden flowers and it had the best banana's the -one time- it bloomed. And then we decided to plant some corn seeds and I'm serious when I say home grown corn is so much better than corn from the grocer.
You guys should try it sometime. =D

Leeza
06-10-2006, 05:39 AM
My parents and grandparents and greatgrandparents always had vegetable and flower gardens and would never dream of buying store-bought. I was raised on home-grown food and nothing store-bought compares to the taste and I used to have a garden myself, but not anymore. It's too much work for someone whose favourite pastime for after work is to sit on the deck with a Margarita instead of weeding the garden. :cat:

Spatvark
06-10-2006, 09:13 AM
I would do, except you can't really grow much in a fifth floor flat. My dad though, has always grown his own vegetables, and I kinda miss eating that stuff. Though last year he ended up with so many runner beans, I ended up with a crapload of them too XD

Cz
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
My garden is horribly overgrown. It's been more or less abandoned for the past year and a half.

Strider
06-10-2006, 10:44 AM
I have a pool. Suckas. :auron:

Alive-Cat
06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
The phone is a ringing. A ringing. The phone is a ringing.
I grow concrete slabs in my garden. Then I sell them for a reasonable price. Do you want some of my home grown cotten concrete slabs?

KoShiatar
06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
My parents keep a big garden and we grow alla sorts of vegetables: pea, beans, spinach, potatoes, salad and so on. And we also have cherry trees and the like so we have our own fruit, but sometimes we buy what won't grow or is out of season. A big and juicy white peach from a tree is soooo delicious.

DeathKnight
06-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Do any of you keep gardens? Do your parents?

I am eating the first cucumber of the season and it is so delicious.

Do you prefer storebought food? WHY?

There are no gardens in New York City, oh wait, we do have Central Park and the all so mighty:sarcastic: subooorbs, bleh.

Dreddz
06-11-2006, 01:56 AM
My gardens pretty big, but we dont take care of it, too much hassle.

Rye
06-11-2006, 01:59 AM
We have a very large garden, it's the source for most of my photography. :)