PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Remake?

moneypenney
06-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Greetings, fellow FFVII freaks! I apologize if this question has been asked and answered... I did a search for it but came up with nothing... maybe I just wasn't holding my mouth right or something. *grin*

At any rate, I keep hearing these persistent rumors around the gaming community that Square is doing a remake of FFVII with the new graphics engine used to do FF: Advent Children, and I'm wondering if anyone has any information on whether this is true, or if it's like finding the white chocobo under the Midgar swamp and being able to fight the Sapphire weapon?

f it is true, great Goddess, would that be awesome! I adore FFVII and have played it many times... I have THREE copies of it in point of fact - every time I would wear out one, I'd go buy another. And in spite of that fact, would I go out and buy a NEW one - you bet your sweet bippy I would! In a New York second!

Here's hoping that the rumors are true!

KentaRawr!
06-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Square has confirmed it not to be true. :( Sorry. It was just a tech demo they showed at E3 which was the intro of FFVII re-done. :p

Madonna
06-10-2006, 12:12 AM
[Some search results] (http://forums.eyesonff.com/search.php?searchid=484595)

You hadn't, by chance, looked in the Final Fantasy VII forum? It's nothing but fans' wishful thinking. It will not happen anytime soon, if ever.

moneypenney
06-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Hmmm.. I wonder why it is, then, that the rumors are so persistent? It's like it was when they were making FF X-2, and the rumors kept flying around, despite the fact that Square was routinely denying that they woudl EVER do a sequel to one of their games... and yet, here we have both the Dirge of Cerebrus and Before Crisis ~ well, technically, that's a prequel ~ to FFVII and FF X-2 as well.

Inquiring minds want to know? They blew smoke before....

Levian
06-10-2006, 12:15 AM
No remake, just sequels.

Welcome to EoFF.

Psychotic
06-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Final Fantasy VII threads get made in the Final Fantasy VII Forum.

Although not when there is still an active topic which amounts to the same thing. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=84107)