PDA

View Full Version : Which one next?

TheSpoonyBard
06-10-2006, 04:12 AM
I've just finished FFVII for the umpteenth time (this time I wrote a FAQ as I went along) and now have some time on my hands. Which FF should I play next? I've got VIII, IX and X-2 to choose from (VI and X are on loan) and I just can't decide.

Just vote and/or leave comments.

Zeromus_X
06-10-2006, 05:30 AM
IX and VIII are good, for the nostalgia. Although I guess it depends. Are you playing them for fun, or for a challenge, or what? Have you played them before?

Lychon
06-10-2006, 05:42 AM
Well, Final Fantasy VIII is the greatest game ever created....so I say play that one!!

-LYCHON

Tavrobel
06-10-2006, 05:56 AM
If you want your money's worth, play everything except for FFX-2.

And yes, it does matter what you are looking for in the game: A challenge? A great plot?

A great blunder that will provide you many hours of fun and hilarity and loss of calories, but because of the game's hair-brained and pathetic antics that desperately mimic Family Guy and disappointedly fail miserably?

Adverb usagely incorrected-ly-ish-ey otop isisishshshimunischiatioishinglyiendoandotuvieronishingly-donewellishley?

Beef steak? (No, just, no).

If you look for the first two, yet do not seek number three, don't play FFX-2. Don't worry about the Adverb part, all the FFs contain adverbs somewhere in them.

If you believe that number three is of greatest importance, then by all means, play FFX-2. You won't cut yourself in the thighs for playing it. I promise.

If you believe firmly in number four, then you really shouldn't be playing FF. You should be in an insane asylum. #4 shouldn't even make sense.

I'd probably start with IX, but VIII is worth a playthrough, too.

Yuffie514
06-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Final Fantasy VIII is never worth skipping. and it's great to play it, directly after you've finished Final Fantasy VII - not that there is any real sequel-related connection...

Christmas
06-10-2006, 11:14 AM
You really should play FF VIII. Just look at how they introduce each other.

http://www.ff8bysquall89.altervista.org/Immagini/Personaggi/JPG/Varie/FF8Funny2.jpg

Dignified Pauper
06-10-2006, 11:18 AM

http://www.ff8bysquall89.altervista.org/Immagini/Personaggi/JPG/Varie/FF8Funny2.jpg

This is why I love Christmas.

TheSpoonyBard
06-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I just want to play something because I'm bored. I've already played them through many times, but the stories never lose their appeal.

FFIX seems to be leading at the moment, but I'll wait until this evening to see if anything changes.

Fantasy Fan
06-10-2006, 01:10 PM
I would say 8 then 9. NEVER X-2.

Dell
06-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Since I'm playing X-2 again, I think you should start with X-2 and master those 999 AP Elixir!

Or download an emulator and Roms to play FF First Generation.

Or buy Japanese XII and play it just to know XII system. (You can know the storyline with upcoming English Version)

BustaMo
06-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Play FFIX. Watching the intro scene FMV with Garnet as a baby floating in a boat is what got me hooked on the FF series. Great graphics for a PS1 game. I'd go with that, but you definitely should play all 3 of them eventually. Great games.

Slothy
06-10-2006, 07:42 PM
IX. VIII is one of the weakest entries in the series since the 8-bit days in my opinion (good game, but not truly great), and X-2, well you really have to decide on that one yourself. I personally loved it's gameplay, and thought the main storyline was decent enough, however having to get 100% to see the best ending, and therefore being forced to do all the sidequests (many of which were boring and did nothing to further the story) just plain sucked a lot of the time.Again though, IX is my second favourite in the series, and it's really tough to go wrong with it. Great gameplay, story, and characters.

No.78
06-10-2006, 07:59 PM
IX is always fun to play again. X-2 is hard not to play again... And I dunno about VIII! But I voted IX anyway...

TheSpoonyBard
06-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Okay, I'm going to start FFIX again this evening. Thanks for helping me decide. I guess playing it through again will help me find some questions for the FFIX Millionaire game, which is currently without a player. Please stop by!

DeathKnight
06-11-2006, 02:38 AM
I've just finished FFVII for the umpteenth time (this time I wrote a FAQ as I went along) and now have some time on my hands. Which FF should I play next? I've got VIII, IX and X-2 to choose from (VI and X are on loan) and I just can't decide.

Just vote and/or leave comments.

Don't mean to be mean, but you could program your brain to make decisions and that would be better.

kikimm
06-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Was that really necessary? No. There's nothing wrong with asking fellow Final Fantasy players for a bit of advice on which game to play next. Besides, this isn't a huge, life-altering decision that he's making. I'm sure we've all been in a similar situation anyways!

I'd go with VIII. Just because that is my favourite. Although X-2 is fun, so if you'd rather play something lighthearted and fast, that would be a good choice.

Marluxiaswife
06-12-2006, 04:19 AM
Final Fantasy VIII is never worth skipping. and it's great to play it, directly after you've finished Final Fantasy VII - not that there is any real sequel-related connection...

I skiped VIII :D

NeoCracker
06-12-2006, 06:29 AM

That image is awsome beyond words. My hate for you has subsided ever so slightly.

jesteranimefreak
06-12-2006, 10:05 AM

That image is awsome beyond words. My hate for you has subsided ever so slightly.

Ahhh.... but we all love you concracker! :D

Anyway back on topic... having only played about half-way through X-2 I'd say just replay VII. but then again I haven't played VIII or IX so I'm only basing my opinon on X-2 and VII.

Dell
06-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Why......FFX-2?? *Sinister Laugh* At least, VII was never abandoned.

boys from the dwarf
06-15-2006, 04:35 PM
id vote FF9. if only just my favourite FF just before FF8. it depends though. if youve not played FF8 thoroughly and very much id replay that. FFX-2 wouldnt be a good idea. youd probly complete it in 3-4 hours. i once completed FFX-2 twice in one day. it was easy and pointless. so if you want to have some fun replay FF8 or 9. if you want to waste a few hours of your life go and replay FFX-2.

Sefie1999AD
06-15-2006, 05:28 PM

ROFL! :D

If you're looking for a great storyline, a fantasy setting and an old school style battle system with 4 characters and fixed classes, I'd go for Final Fantasy IX. If you're looking for a more realistic (and maybe cinematic) setting, a love story you can either love or hate (depends on the person, and also his/her mood) and a battle system where you draw, draw and draw spells, and tap boost (or just watch GF summon sequences that take 0.5-2 minutes), go for Final Fantasy VIII. And if you're looking for a decent plot, characters who you can either love or hate and a fun and fast FFV-style job/ability system, Final Fantasy X-2 is a great way to go.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Well, Final Fantasy VIII is the greatest game ever created....so I say play that one!!
QFT.

Shiny
06-16-2006, 12:36 AM
8 or 9. 8 I guess, since maybe you want to go in order.

*~Angel Wing~*
06-17-2006, 02:18 AM

-LYCHON
Truer words were never spoken...:up: :heart:

Dell
06-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Well, Final Fantasy VII is the greatest game ever created....so I say play that one!!

-LYCHON
True words were never spoken...:up: :heart:

Quoted for Truth.

Marluxiaswife
06-17-2006, 03:30 PM

I abandoned FFVII :D

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:12 PM

Dell
06-17-2006, 06:11 PM

I never abandoned FFVII :D

*~Angel Wing~*
06-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Heheheh...me too, for like 6 months. :D

Dell
06-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Heheheh...me too, for like 6 months. :D

You don't know me, I abandoned it for 1 years. Basically, I'm open-minded. ;)

I abandoned VII because I wanna play other FF so I can know more about FF. I like all FF. Just a little hatred to FFX, though I really like FFX-2.

I'm not the one who stand for one FF, like: "I like FFVII, it's music, story, character, graphic are the best", I know FFX and FFIX soundtrack is better, FFIX story and character is better, FFXII graphic is better.
Continue to topic, please.