PDA

View Full Version : question to Adult Swim viewers:

farplaner
06-10-2006, 10:34 AM
What is the name of that show with the kid who always has something growing out of his head ?

And why does adult swim not include it in their line-up instead of crap like robot chicken and the oblongs??

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Watch yourself, mister. Robot Chicken is fantastic.

Shoeberto
06-10-2006, 07:14 PM
That'd be FLCL.

And according to a bump from the other night, they're going to be airing all the episodes again in September. Or August? I forget. One of those months.

edit: Also, agreed on the Oblongs part, though not Robot Chicken. But Oblongs is retarded and makes me want to kill my TV.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Watch yourself, mister. Robot Chicken is fantastic.

QFMFT. Robot Chicken is spectacular.

Lychon
06-10-2006, 11:58 PM
...instead of crap like robot chicken and the oblongs??

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My ears!!!! How can you say that? That's like those people who say that Nintendo sucks, and then I destroy them by listing the incredible tenacity of the company through continued reinvention and despite lacking major third party support. Boom MILF!! And yes, there are dozens of Nintendo-platform only games that are downright prodigious.

Robot Chicken is a hilarious show!!

-LYCHON

Zeromus_X
06-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Fooly Cooly is very spectacular.

That doesn't mean Robot Chicken isn't hilarious as well.

Don't really care for the Oblongs.

farplaner
06-11-2006, 02:37 AM
D Right! Fooly Cooly! Glad to hear they'll be airing them all again.
Well, sounds like pretty much everyone agrees about the oblongs...

And you're all wrong about robot chicken! :cool: :D :tongue:

udsuna
06-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Robot Chicken rocks. I liked their FF7 mockery best. Or the "darkest sketch" one.

And FLCL (pronounced Fooly Cooly) was great.... once.... not something I could watch a second time through. They had it going in a loop for six months, it was time to let it go.

As for Oblongs.... they just need some more episodes.... but it's gotta be hard to come up with workable material.

XxSephirothxX
06-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Fooly Cooly is far better after being viewed two or three times. I'd say more than that, but at least twice. I don't even watch Cartoon Network (or TV in general, really) anymore, but I've seen some of the first season of Robot Chicken and it was hilarious.

farplaner
06-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I have only seen a couple of epsisodes of FLCL so it's mostly new to me.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-11-2006, 06:20 PM
How dare you insult the awesomeness that is Robot Chicken! I've never watched FLCL, and never heard of The Oblongs.

escobert
06-11-2006, 06:56 PM
ATHF > all the end!

Avarice-ness
06-11-2006, 09:14 PM
ATHF > all the end!
So correct.
But yeah, Furi Kuri has one of those issues of if you miss it you've got a problem because there's only 6 episodes or something around that. So it's not like the other one's were they can play it repeditively because it will actually keep going.

I Took the Red Pill
06-11-2006, 09:39 PM
I think Robot Chicken is decent, but it's not my kind of humor. I like the subtler humor of Sealab. Shows like Sealab and ATHF are more or less an acquired taste, but now I'm hooked.

farplaner
06-12-2006, 08:29 AM
I think Robot Chicken is decent, but it's not my kind of humor. I like the subtler humor of Sealab. Shows like Sealab and ATHF are more or less an acquired taste, but now I'm hooked.

I much like Sealab and ATHF, though I don't know as I would call Sealab's humor "subtle." Both shows are definitely "out there."

Hesch wants Grizzlebee's!!

Perducci
06-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I enjoy Robot Chicken more than anything that has a guy with crap growing out of his head. :D

escobert
06-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Venture brothers also rocks, as does tome goes to the mayor. Pretty much anything they play I like.

Tasura
06-14-2006, 08:43 AM
FLCL <3 and the manga is different from the show :O its weird, but damn good =)

kidney / theif
06-14-2006, 11:35 PM
FLCL is awesome.