PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened...

Dark Messenger
06-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Anyone see the battle against 5 Calculators at Lenalia Plateau? It sounds tough, but Orlandu got 3 turns before any of them got to act! Not 3 in a row, but still...

I knew Calculators were slow, but this is ridiculous! Orlandu, an Archer, and a Chemist with Blaze Gun were the only ones to get turns (the Archer didn't do anything), the chemist shot a Calculator (the calculator was able to use Damage Split, so I guess one did technically act..). Then Orlandu got two more turns and finished the rest of them off (he killed three at once with Lightning Stab). Then he finished the last one off with Hellcry Punch. I feel bad about the last one. He would've had a turn if Orlandu had waited... but who wants to make Orlandu wait!?

conan
06-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Which side did you enter Lenalia from?

Gilthanes
06-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Yeah really, only other place I've seen lots of calculators at was the Voyage level of Deep Dungeon

BG-57
06-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah, that's happened to me. I heavily favor Math Skills as secondary abilities; it feels unfair for the enemy to use my own tactics against me. ;)

dodhungry
06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
i have seen this battle before and it was almost pointless on how pathetic it was. Now on the other hand, the battle vs all the monks is a bit more challenging.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Dude those 15 monks were insanly Hard!!

i was lvling up crappy jobs when they jumped me..... only reason i won was i had a Chantage on one of my girls.

Tempest
06-26-2006, 10:29 PM
I've encountered all those monks before. That's a fun battle. ^^ One time in one of the forests, the name escapes me, I fought a whole bunch of Samurai's. I don't remember which side the battle was on and I haven't been able to get that battle again. :(

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-24-2006, 01:22 AM
yea the samuri battale happened in the ghost place where u fight the ghost people and gouls a big rotting tree is in the middle

BG-57
07-24-2006, 03:14 PM
You mean Yuguo Woods?

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-24-2006, 04:08 PM
yea thanks i forgot the name

Tg.cid
07-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Anyone see the battle against 5 Calculators at Lenalia Plateau? It sounds tough, but Orlandu got 3 turns before any of them got to act! Not 3 in a row, but still...

I knew Calculators were slow, but this is ridiculous! Orlandu, an Archer, and a Chemist with Blaze Gun were the only ones to get turns (the Archer didn't do anything), the chemist shot a Calculator (the calculator was able to use Damage Split, so I guess one did technically act..). Then Orlandu got two more turns and finished the rest of them off (he killed three at once with Lightning Stab). Then he finished the last one off with Hellcry Punch. I feel bad about the last one. He would've had a turn if Orlandu had waited... but who wants to make Orlandu wait!?
I agree Orlando is one of the best charecters to hit fft:strut: :beer: :evilking:

MogThief
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I've seen that battle. I kill all of them before one of them even gets a turn. :D

Mobius
08-08-2006, 06:56 AM
ive had that battle more than once actually lol my toughest battle was when i was faceing a whole bunch of hydra's