PDA

View Full Version : FFII Completed

Hayabusa
06-10-2006, 06:27 PM
So yesterday I beat FFII - I thought it was really fun and cool - I liked how you always felt like you were on a mission - on the go- Fun, I want to play this again someday - because my characters were so weak and I missed some swords- I also want to play it on the playstation since the difficulty is up with the item slots- I played this on the GBA - but yeah, it was a fun game! :)

Captain Maxx Power
06-10-2006, 07:52 PM
So in short, you completed FF2, and it was spiffing. Excellent :)

DarkLadyNyara
06-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Finally, FFII gets some love. :D

I Don't Need A Name
06-18-2006, 11:56 AM
YAY! i completed it on the playstation today. It was really fun, but Pandemonia was a dissapointment, as the most any of the bosses took off was 430 and the Emperor died after 2 hits from Firon

DJZen
06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, the thing about FFII is that the bosses themselves aren't a problem. It's making it to them alive that's the real challenge.

boys from the dwarf
06-21-2006, 10:22 PM
ill agree with that. when i reached the emporor i had nearly no healing items and ethers left. in fact i think i had none left. pandamonium was long and hard to find out how to get through it. i found the emporor hard but thats mainly because inever bothered with magic much and only got my spells to abot level 11 (level 16 just takes so long.) and the battle goes fine until i run out of MP. FF2 doesnt get as much credit as it deserves.

KainHighwind
06-22-2006, 07:33 AM
I finally beat this game. It was right up there with FFV in terms of difficulty, I thought. When I first faced the Final Boss, I got my ass handed to me because:

a) my primary Magic user (Maria) was doing way too much. She was the only one with any staff skill, so I had her healing people with the Healing Staff. Also, she was casting shield and blink (as she was the only person with those), and trying to be offensive with Ultima at level 11.

b) nobody else had much to do. Firion could attack and cast Haste 4. Leon could attack really well, and Gus couldn't do much of anything, plus, he'd always end up cursed for lack of a ribbon or soemthing.

c) I DID NOT HAVE BERSERK. AT ALL. I never got it, and boy, did I regret that.

So, what I did today:

1. Leveled Up Maria's Ultima to 16.
2. Leveled up Firion's Haste to 8.
3. Gave Gus Holy and leveled it to 7, so he could have a purpose.
4. Wandered around for 4 effing hours trying to find a Berserk scroll. I fought hordes of Warlocks and never got one... FINALLY, I discovered a secret place to buy one. Behind the bottom of the waterfall in the Jade passage. Did everyone know this already? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Maybe it's commonly known, and I'm just stupid, but just in case...
Guess what? You can buy Berserk scrolls behind the waterfall in the Jade Passage.

5. Got the Genji Armor, Helmet, and Gloves, which I didn't do before. Split them between Leon and Maria.

So I gave Berserk to Firion and Gus, leveled it to 5, and made my way back up to deliver a severe beating to the Emperor.

Omni-Odin
06-23-2006, 06:26 AM
I really enjoyed Final Fantasy II as well. The story was fun, enjoyable, and as a player, I constantly loathed the Emperor from the start. I wish this game got more love.

The only thing I didn't really enjoy was the leveling system and that you could kick the crap out of anyone with the amount of blood swords in the game.

I'd rate this game right up there around a 7/10.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 06:34 AM
I always found Berserk from Yoichi's Bow to be sufficient.

Yeah, the thing about FFII is that the bosses themselves aren't a problem. It's making it to them alive that's the real challenge.

Firion: Okay guys. We're out of items. Again.
Maria: So no status-healing, right? That means...
Lionheart: Oh, okay, let's just kill and revive eachother to cure ailments.
Maria: Now that you mention it, I am a toad..
Lionheart: *kills Maria*
Guy: But Maria only one who know Life.
Firion: ****.

Yeah, I don't really care if anything else about the game was bad. Even the tediousness of the dungeons. It has Pandaemonium. It began the tradition of RPGs having at least one crystalline outerspace dungeon, and therefore it must be revered.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-23-2006, 06:38 AM
But Pandemonium was located in Hell, not outer space.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I know. And apparently the last few floors are crystalline and in outer-space. xD I'm talking about the atmosphere, obviously.

Edit: Actually....it doesn't make too much sense now that I think about it. :( Good thing it's a game.

Reine
06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Pandaemonium was awesome, and it has one of the best final dungeon themes ive ever heard (For some reason, the GBA version sounded so much more evil and darker, it sounded like an actual orchestra to me)

I finally completed the Origins version, and I found the GBA version to be harder, a LOT harder.

A very good game, despite it getting tedious at times. Hearing the same dungeon music for almost every dungeon really sucked though.