PDA

View Full Version : French Open Final

Clouded Sky
06-10-2006, 06:40 PM
The men's bracket of the French Open concludes tomorrow with what should be one of the greatest tennis matches in ages. Number 1 Seed Roger Federer going against Number 2 seed Rafa Nadal, the defending champion with 59 consecutive clay court victories.

Anyone else planning on watching it? This should be good. I'm rooting for Nadal.

farplaner
06-11-2006, 02:41 AM
I will be watching it. Thanks for the reminder. Nadal beat him last year at the french in the final, didn't he? Well, anyway I know it's going to be a great match. Federer is forking unbelievable, though! I wouldn't be surprised if he found away to pull the carpet out from under Nadal.

Doomie
06-11-2006, 02:53 AM
Yeah, should be a good match. I liked Federer even before he was #1, so go him!

Mo-Nercy
06-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Playing on clay will definitely be the big consideration for this match. Statistically speaking, Federer doesn't have what it takes to beat Nadal on it. Some people say it's just a matter of time and that Federer will eventually come out on top just because he's world number one. That's a bit of a stretch I think, quite a few number ones never took the French Open, Pete Sampras for example.

My money's on Nadal.

farplaner
06-11-2006, 05:28 PM
:mad2: :cry: ! I really wanted to see Federer take it, but Nadal deserved it. It would've been awesome to see it go to a fifth, though.

Clouded Sky
06-11-2006, 05:28 PM
NADAL WINS! Wow that was a fun match.