PDA

View Full Version : Wes Anderson

GooeyToast
06-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Who here likes Wes Anderson movies?

Ever since I saw The Royal Tenenbaums, I've been a huge fan of his work. I think his films are almost all equally brilliant (although Bottle Rocket probably ranks as his worst IMO). Although I kinda miss the old Wilson/Anderson duo, Baumbach seems like a good enough replacement for the time being (hopefully Owen will write stuff with West again in the near future).

For the record, he's directed Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic, and has a new animated movie this year coming out called The Fantastic Mr. Fox (yes, based on the Ronald Dahl book).

eestlinc
06-11-2006, 01:29 AM
I liked Royal Tenenbaums. it was really sad though. I haven't seen any of the others.

Aurey
06-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Yesss. Life Aquatic was the movie that got me interested in his work. I just saw Rushmore a few weeks ago, really good. I saw a cut version of Royal Tenenbaums, which kind of made me angry, but I liked it no less. I haven't seen all of Bottle Rocket, I got bored.

Ahh, I'm excited for the Fantastic Mr. Fox. What an awesome book.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-11-2006, 02:05 AM
All his work is golden, of course. My favorite film amongst it is definitely The Life Aquatic.

GooeyToast
06-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Yesss. Life Aquatic was the movie that got me interested in his work. I just saw Rushmore a few weeks ago, really good. I saw a cut version of Royal Tenenbaums, which kind of made me angry, but I liked it no less. I haven't seen all of Bottle Rocket, I got bored.

Ahh, I'm excited for the Fantastic Mr. Fox. What an awesome book.

Yeah, truthfully Bottle Rocket just didn't draw me in nearly as much as his other work. But considering it was his first feature film, I can understand as he was still developing his style.

As for Mr. Fox, I too am excited to see how it turns out. The fact that he's using the stop-motion animation style he used for the underwater sequences in Life Aquatic on this movie should make it very interesting to say the least.

Alixsar
06-11-2006, 04:53 AM
If you're not against me, don't cross this line. If yes, do.

CloudDragon
06-11-2006, 04:54 AM
The Life Aquatic rocks.

SammieBabe
06-11-2006, 05:04 AM
I liked Royal Tenenbaums. it was really sad though. I haven't seen any of the others.

:)

escobert
06-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Life Aquatic is one of my favorite movies. Royal Tenenbaums was good too,

TheAbominatrix
06-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I adore Wes Anderson and everything he's done. I also have a massive crush on him (well, kinda xD).

It's really a toss up between Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic when it comes to favorites. I just cant decide. Royal Tenenbaums was definitely sad, and the love story was one of my favorites in cinema history.

All his films have such a beautiful style of... well, everything. The plot, dialogue, music, cinemtography, sets, colors, and so on all serve to make them amazing. His use of the same actors really works well. Bill Murray and Owen Wilson are just amazing. A shame he couldnt get more of the Tenenbaums crew on Life Aquatic, but I think Cate Blanchette was prefect for her role regardless.

I have a gigantic Life Aquatic poster above my computer. It makes my room glow.

escobert
06-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Btw Willem Dafoe ftw.

TheAbominatrix
06-11-2006, 08:01 AM
OMG srsly. Klaus is my favorite character in LA. I wanna love him up good.