PDA

View Full Version : Chopsticks, or Silverware?

Sylvie
06-12-2006, 04:37 AM
Which do you prefer? I use chopsticks. I find them fun to use and more effecient.

mooglebunni608
06-12-2006, 04:38 AM
I love how chopsticks look when someone eats with them, but I have too much trouble so I just use a spork XD

Miriel
06-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Pssh. You should use whatever is appropriate for what you're eating.

Sushi = chopsticks
Spaghetti = fork
Soup = spoon (unless it's miso soup in which case, you just drink from the bowl)
Steak = fork 'n knife
etc.

rubah
06-12-2006, 04:44 AM
I find hands to appropriate all the time!

and really, forks are like a condensed form of chopsticks.

Arrianna
06-12-2006, 04:46 AM
psst... Sushi is supposed to be eaten with your fingers. ;)

It definately depends on what you're eating. I like eating salad with chopsticks personally. It's so much easier. Forks are just lousy at spearing those slippery, dressing coated, leaves.

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2006, 04:48 AM
Miriel is correct. How am I supposed to eat my cheerios with a friggin set of chopsticks? I'm not, that's how.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-12-2006, 04:49 AM
i dont know how to use chopsticks so i use a fork n spoon for most stuff...sometimes i just use my hands (its a filo thing)

Faris
06-12-2006, 04:54 AM
I use chopsticks when I eat noodles.

Hawkeye
06-12-2006, 05:10 AM
I like to use chopsticks personally. It prevents me from shoveling my food if I were to use a fork. I eat slower and digest slower if I were to use a chopstick.

eestlinc
06-12-2006, 05:12 AM
that's what I was going to post, Hawkeye.

Hawkeye
06-12-2006, 05:13 AM
great minds think alike, eest.

eestlinc
06-12-2006, 05:15 AM
yesterday I tried eating noodles with the chopsticks in my left hand. it was fun.

this thread reminds me of that part in Kill Bill vol 2.

escobert
06-12-2006, 05:19 AM
fork plz thx

Madonna
06-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Yes, using a chopstick probably slows down the eating process dramatically.

I like to use chopsticks on occassion, like when I'm busting out noodles and stirfry.

Sylvie
06-12-2006, 05:31 AM
I use chopsticks for almost everything. I can eat fast with them, and I shovel down rice. :D

Shlup
06-12-2006, 05:53 AM
I use whatever works best for what I'm eating. I prefer to use chopsticks when I can because it forces me to take smaller bites so I don't get faaaat.

Mo-Nercy
06-12-2006, 06:02 AM
I can't imagine not using chopsticks to eat when I'm at home. It feels a lot more refined than using a fork. Chopsticks are used to grab and lift your food as opposed to brutally stabbing it. Although it is possible to literally shovel/flick food into your mouth with chopsticks, it kind of defeats the purpose of using them in the first place if you do that. I only ever do that when I get towards the bottom of the bowl of rice. As a child I used to get scolded if I shoveled :(

Besides, my chopsticks are very very very pretty. They're polished wood and half purple, half uncoloured. And AND there are cute little kitty silhouettes going all around the purple bits.

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Plastic-ware

Necronopticous
06-12-2006, 06:15 AM
The argument that chopsticks make you eat slower or take smaller bites I always find funny because once you are skilled with chopsticks you can easily shovel food into your face just as fast or possibly faster than you can with a fork.

The primary reason I prefer eating with chopsticks is that I prefer cuisine prepared for chopsticks. There is nothing better than a delicious teriyaki steak cut into bitesized strips during preparation so I don't have to bother with it.

Also I like using chopsticks because I just flat out think that they are fun to use.

Sylvie
06-12-2006, 06:55 AM
The argument that chopsticks make you eat slower or take smaller bites I always find funny because once you are skilled with chopsticks you can easily shovel food into your face just as fast or possibly faster than you can with a fork.

The primary reason I prefer eating with chopsticks is that I prefer cuisine prepared for chopsticks. There is nothing better than a delicious teriyaki steak cut into bitesized strips during preparation so I don't have to bother with it.

Also I like using chopsticks because I just flat out think that they are fun to use.

:D

Rase
06-12-2006, 07:00 AM
I can't use chopsticks at all, so I'll take a fork, thanks.

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2006, 07:18 AM
I like chopsticks because i can twirl them while i wait for my food and theyre cheap

But a metal knife and fork helps when mastication becomes too difficult

Shlup
06-12-2006, 07:33 AM
I knew someone would say that. I've been using chopsticks since I was six; I'm plenty skilled. You just can't pick up as much with chopsticks as you can with a fork sometimes.

Miriel
06-12-2006, 07:49 AM
It depends what you're picking up, but yeah, I've been using chopsticks since I could feed myself and you can't get as much stuff as you can with forks.

With rice, I can usually scoop up more than I can with forks. With noodles, I can do more with forks.

And wooden chopsticks are sooo much better than metal ones.

Also, if you eat sushi with your fingers, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Shlup
06-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Metal chopsticks? I've never seen metal ones. o.O I have wood, bamboo, and plastic. My plastic ones are shaped like penises though. xD

I eat sushi with my fingers at school 'cause they usually don't have chopsticks. :aimmad: One time I asked for chopsticks and the girl said "What are chopsticks?" So she asked her supervisor if they had chopsticks and her supervisor said "What are chopsticks?" I wanted to cry.

Eating sushi with your fingers is at least better than eating it with a fork. xD

Awrini
06-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Sporks are better then all. Other then that, chopsticks.

Neron
06-12-2006, 08:17 AM
hehe...i Can't Belive This Silly Question Became A Big Thread..Well..I Mise Well Answer.. :P I Like Chopsticks...There Fun And cool To Use...Its Even better To Watch a kid Or Someone how don't Know how to use them propely Use them for the first time...like they will just pick up one chopstick...and poke stuff with it..and eat it..I cried aloud with mirth and merriment...it awesome to wathc:D but Chopstick Ftw.

Miriel
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Metal chopsticks? I've never seen metal ones. o.O I have wood, bamboo, and plastic. My plastic ones are shaped like penises though. xD

I eat sushi with my fingers at school 'cause they usually don't have chopsticks. :aimmad: One time I asked for chopsticks and the girl said "What are chopsticks?" So she asked her supervisor if they had chopsticks and her supervisor said "What are chopsticks?" I wanted to cry.

Eating sushi with your fingers is at least better than eating it with a fork. xD
You... have never seen metal chopsticks? That's insane! Some restaurants will only use metal ones and I have to specifically ask for wooden ones. My mom told me that all the royalty in Korea used silver chopsticks to detect poisen or something.

And you must go to some weird sushi places. I bet the places you go to are owned by some couple from Ohio.

Captain Maxx Power
06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
The only reason chopsticks were invented was because there wasn't enough metal to go around as all the metal needed to be used to make weapons and armour to see off invading Mongolians. But last time I checked not only had metallurgy spread across the civilised world, but the Mongolians had all but stopped any pillaging. Ergo chopsticks are now superfluous. So get with the times people!

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I use my hands, because most of the time my food is hand-held (sandwiches, pizza, etc). I can't use chopsticks so I don't use them. Simple enough. EDIT: OKay, I *can* use them, just very poorly.

I really would love to see someone who can hold more rice with chopsticks than they can with a fork, though. I mean, really, you people must have some pretty small forks. I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying I'd like to see it, because I find it weird.

Rye
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Forks. They're easier. :) Also, my hands, since the majority of my food is food I can hold in my hands.

Jess
06-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I like to use chopsticks, but I never do. The last time I used chopsticks was on my birthday at a Chinese restaurant while eating noodles. They're so fun! :jess:

Oh, and rice is totally easier to eat with a fork. :p

Zante
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
I only use chopsticks when I am triing to show-off.

KentaRawr!
06-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Chopsticks are more versatile, but the extra versatility is not needed to eat.

Besides, I eat sushi with my hands. :tongue:

starseeker
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I cannot use chopsticks to save my life. I always use a knife and fork but I continually annoy my gran by holding my fork in my right hand. I even use a fork to eat Chinese food.

Itsunari 2000
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
I use chopsticks to catch flies in mid-flight WITHOUT CRUSHING THEM.

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Someone's been watching too much Karate Kid, bless poor Pat Morita's soul.

I use whatever you are supposed to use to eat something. This tends to be chopsticks for most.

bipper
06-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Spork > all. Sfoon is alright, but not as cool.
Chopsticks are trivial. I asee no point - nor advantage to using them. Overall, take the middle man out of it and let your face to all the work. :p

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 03:20 PM
What the hell is a sfoon? D=

Reine
06-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I use a knife and fork for every food, I also use the fork upside down and scoop up things with it, and I have an odd habit of using the knife and fork in the oppsite hands, ie, im right handed, yet I use the fork in the left. This confuses many xD

Ive had people try to make me use the fork "properly", as in not upside down, but I found it incedibly unpractical and stupid. To HELL with manners and all, I'll eat the way I know how to eat, its not messy like eatin with hands, so whats the fuss about?

Ive tried using chopsticks, but I suck at using them. Also, why go out of my way to eat something with something else, when a spoon, knife and fork can be used for anything?

EDIT: Yeah, wtf a sfoon? I kinda know what a "spork" is, but a sfoon?

Shlup
06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
You... have never seen metal chopsticks? That's insane! Some restaurants will only use metal ones and I have to specifically ask for wooden ones. My mom told me that all the royalty in Korea used silver chopsticks to detect poisen or something.

And you must go to some weird sushi places. I bet the places you go to are owned by some couple from Ohio.
I really don't recall ever seeing metal chopsticks. Seeing as Asian food is my favorite, that is kinda weird. o.O

The place I get sushi that doesn't have chopsticks is the school cafeteria. xD They actually have pretty good pre-packaged spicey shrimp rolls.

Marly
06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
I only ever use a fork when I eat, and if it's a burger/pizza or something, I'll use my hands. Chopsticks are easy to use, but require to much effort. I'd rather spend time enjoying my food that trying to get it into my mouth.

starseeker
06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I use a knife and fork for every food, I also use the fork upside down and scoop up things with it, and I have an odd habit of using the knife and fork in the oppsite hands, ie, im right handed, yet I use the fork in the left. This confuses many xD

I was brought up to use the fork in the left hand and the knife in the right. Part of being British I suppose. At my local Chinese restaurant you have to go and get chopsticks, the tables are laid with knives and forks.

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
No, that's absolutely correct - if you are right handed, you put your knife in your right hand.

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Ive had people try to make me use the fork "properly", as in not upside down, but I found it incedibly unpractical and stupid. To HELL with manners and all, I'll eat the way I know how to eat, its not messy like eatin with hands, so whats the fuss about?

EDIT: Yeah, wtf a sfoon? I kinda know what a "spork" is, but a sfoon?

It's not "proper" to scoop things up with a fork. Ettiquite. You have to actually get it on the spikes at the end and put it in your mouth. And you are supposed to hold the fork in the opposite hand of your dominant one, so that the knife is used for cutting (i.e., steak).

However, in the States, most people put down the knife, and switch the fork into their dominant hand in order to eat. And as an American, I can safely say, that putting the knife down and switching your hands, is un-lazy and the absolute LEAST AMERICAN WAY TO EAT THINGS. YOU SPEND MORE TIME PUTTING THE KNIFE DOWN THAN EATING YOU USELESS TOOLS.

I've heard however, that Eruopeans don't switch hands while eating, which would explain why we (Americans) do switch hands.

And for the people that have no idea that there are metal chopsticks, YES there are metal chopsticks. They suck and destroy the taste of the food that you attempt to eat. And much heavier, and it feels very odd to handle. Plastic/wooden > metal.

And a sfoon is is like a spork, except that it is more like a fork than a spork.
Spork: Handle, Spoon Bowl, Fork ending
Sfoon: Handle, Fork incline but closed like a spoon, Fork ending
Sffons are discouraged to be used, as they amount to very little, and somewhat impractical.

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
One might note that it's acceptable to scoop up peas or mashed potato with a fork, and that this is not poor etiquette. But to scoop up, say, meat or cauliflower... that's just silly.

Shoden
06-12-2006, 03:48 PM
I cannot use chopsticks at all so silverware for the win.

bipper
06-12-2006, 03:49 PM

A sweet weapon on Kingdom of loathing. Designed so you cannot break etiquette I am guessing - since no uptight snob has made any rules regaurding them as of yet. :p

Jebus
06-12-2006, 04:04 PM

A sweet weapon on Kingdom of loathing. Designed so you cannot break etiquette I am guessing - since no uptight snob has made any rules regaurding them as of yet. :p

I thought it was a foon?

Anyway, if what I'm hearing is right, apparently I eat like a Brit, cause I use the knife in my right hand, and I don't switch hands.

Anyway, I do like using chopsticks, but I never do, cause we don't have any/don't eat any foods that they could be used for.

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 04:06 PM
One might note that it's acceptable to scoop up peas or mashed potato with a fork, and that this is not poor etiquette. But to scoop up, say, meat or cauliflower... that's just silly.

Yeah, it is silly to scoop up a piece of steak. Generally, if you can pick it up with a spoon, you should also pick it up with a fork. Otherwise, no.

The exception to the rule is if you are younger than ten, and don't know how to use the other utensils. Generally. Since because every culture has slightly different rules, it would be impossible to say "X" is what you have to do all the time, when food "Y" clearly shouldn't be done that way, even if it falls under the category "Z," when "Z" is applied to by "X" every time.

Common sense is where it's at, unless you lack it entirely, or was taught improperly, but... seriously.

Anyway, if what I'm hearing is right, apparently I eat like a Brit, cause I use the knife in my right hand, and I don't switch hands.

It's what I've heard, yes. But I don't switch hands either.

Reine
06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
"Ettiquete"

That is overrated and for most things, useless.

I am not going to try and spear every little pea now am I? Or going to go and get a spoon, which i only use for noodles, soup and breakfast/dessert

If its spearable, i'll spear it. If its scoopable, ill use the fork. For things like peas, i'll use the knife to scoop it onto the fork if its a hassle using the fork alone.

Its more practical and useful. "ettiquete" just makes it more of a hassle to eat.

The way I eat isnt messy or sloppy, and is very practical, so I dont see why anyone would have a problem with it :/

SammieBabe
06-12-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm a fork/spoon/knife kinda girl...

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 06:18 PM
"Ettiquete"

That is overrated and for most things, useless.

I am not going to try and spear every little pea now am I? Or going to go and get a spoon, which i only use for noodles, soup and breakfast/dessert

If its spearable, i'll spear it. If its scoopable, ill use the fork. For things like peas, i'll use the knife to scoop it onto the fork if its a hassle using the fork alone.

Its more practical and useful. "ettiquete" just makes it more of a hassle to eat.

The way I eat isnt messy or sloppy, and is very practical, so I dont see why anyone would have a problem with it :/
The etiquette (one t, two t :D) is more in what hand you use. As for spearing/scooping, as said before, it's generally common sense. You're absolutely right in that you don't spear your peas. Etiquette doesn't say "you should spear everything". It says "hold your knife with your sword-hand, hold your fork with the other."

For more information on table etiquette, specifically the usage of utensils... http://www.cuisinenet.com/digest/custom/etiquette/utensil_howto.shtml

Miriel
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
All you people who eat sushi with your hands make me want to cry.

What kind of sushi places are you going to, Bill's Awesome Sushi House? *cringe*

Everyone come over to SoCal and I'll take you to Sushi Umi or Akasaka or Neko Neko and I'll show you how to eat it right, dammit.

bipper
06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
I thought it was a foon?

pwnt. Yeah, I looked it up and that is exactly what it is.

Neron
06-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Bahhh..Sushi Is Gross:mad: ..Makes me want to throw up .. i ate some b4 at HongKong Buffet..And never liked it since...it might be the reason its coming from "hong kong Buffet" but still.....GROSS

Zeldy
06-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Ive never used Chopsticks. I don't eat food that uses them as I usually stick to my british food. (British food > all)

I have little patience, so even If I tried to use chopsticks Id end up snapping them and picking up a fork.

Jess
06-12-2006, 06:25 PM
No, that's absolutely correct - if you are right handed, you put your knife in your right hand.
...I'm left handed and I put my knife in my right hand. Isn't it the same for everybody? :exdee:

Next time I eat Chinese food I'm going to use chopsticks. Sushi is yucky so I don't have to worry about eating it with hands/forks/chopsticks at all. :cool:

Miriel
06-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Ive never used Chopsticks. I don't eat food that uses them as I usually stick to my british food. (British food > all)

I thought British food was supposed to suck? :confused:

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
British food in general isn't amazing, although the chicken is good. But then, American food wasn't anything special for me, either. The best food I've had was probably the food I had in Germany and New Zealand.

Despite numerous attempts at chopsticks throughout my years, I simply find myself unable to use them effectively. To eat sushi with a knife and fork is fairly disastrous, so I use my hands - I order them in, though, I don't go to restaurants and probably couldn't afford to eat at them at the moment, either. Of course, the only sushi I have is makizushi.

Neron
06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I thought British food was supposed to suck?

I cried aloud with mirth and merriment...it dose...
Trust Me...Taste Like Eating a Sun Dried Pice Of You know What..

I cried aloud with mirth and merrimentOk...Somebody Freaked Up when i post..it always says i cried wiht mirel and someone..please fix it :mad2:

~SapphireStar~
06-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Ive tried to use chopsticks and the food usually ends up on the table or on my clothes instead of in my mouth! I prefer silverware, been using it all my life.

I cried aloud with mirth and merriment...it dose...
Trust Me...Taste Like Eating a Sun Dried Pice Of You know What..
What British food have you been eating? British fish and chips are the best, British food is great IMO.

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 06:36 PM
I assure you, British fish and chips are vastly inferior to those found overseas. I've had fish and chips in many places around the UK and it's not good. Try going to NZ and having fish and chips - then you'll know what 'good' is. The fish and the minced beef are the two worst foods in the UK when compared with that of overseas. Still, I guess if you've never had good fish and chips overseas then you wouldn't know any better, so I can't blame you for thinking it.

Reine
06-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Well, about the hands for the knife and fork...everyone else in my family uses the left hand for the knife, and right hand for the fork.

EDIT: Damn right BoB, our fish and chips are fantastic.

~SapphireStar~
06-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I assure you, British fish and chips are vastly inferior to those found overseas. I've had fish and chips in many places around the UK and it's not good. Try going to NZ and having fish and chips - then you'll know what 'good' is.
I dont go to other countires to eat food that I can get back here in the UK. IMO it just seems pointless.

Leeza
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Since I rarely use chopsticks, I find them to be rather difficult to eat with, but I do try to use them if I'm in a Chinese restaurant. At home I always use a fork. :cat:

Neron
06-12-2006, 06:46 PM
If You Guys Want to Know What "Good" Is.."Prime Rid w/ Garlic Cooked into it" Is Good...Its So Juicy And Yummy ..It Waters In ones Mouth...Not some Silly Fish And Chips.. lol . Prime Rib FTW!

Sylvie
06-12-2006, 06:46 PM
The only reason chopsticks were invented was because there wasn't enough metal to go around as all the metal needed to be used to make weapons and armour to see off invading Mongolians. But last time I checked not only had metallurgy spread across the civilised world, but the Mongolians had all but stopped any pillaging. Ergo chopsticks are now superfluous. So get with the times people!

Actually, they were invented to stir stews and stuff, and then grew into chopsticks to eat with.

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I assure you, British fish and chips are vastly inferior to those found overseas. I've had fish and chips in many places around the UK and it's not good. Try going to NZ and having fish and chips - then you'll know what 'good' is.
I dont go to other countires to eat food that I can get back here in the UK. IMO it just seems pointless.
Ah, but you can get fish and chips everywhere in the world, as with many other foods. The key is to find out what it's like in that country - trust me on this. Just because it's called the same thing and might even seem to be cooked the same, and even look the same, does not mean that it tastes the same. Something as simple as chicken tastes better in Germany than anywhere else I've tasted it, by a very, very long way. To taste that chicken I had in Germany was to taste one of the most beautiful flavours I've experienced in my life, despite the fact I've had chicken on a weekly (at a guess) basis all my life. Likewise, fish in New Zealand is incredible, and I would guess that Chinese food tastes best in China and sushi is most likely best made in Japan. But who knows? Maybe the best sushi is made in a small shop in Denmark. You never know unless you try it.

When it comes to fish, though... you really need to open your mind. The fish you buy in one country is like a completely different food to the fish you might buy in another.

Neron
06-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Ah, but you can get fish and chips everywhere in the world, as with many other foods. The key is to find out what it's like in that country - trust me on this. Just because it's called the same thing and might even seem to be cooked the same, and even look the same, does not mean that it tastes the same. Something as simple as chicken tastes better in Germany than anywhere else I've tasted it, by a very, very long way. To taste that chicken I had in Germany was to taste one of the most beautiful flavours I've experienced in my life, despite the fact I've had chicken on a weekly (at a guess) basis all my life. Likewise, fish in New Zealand is incredible, and I would guess that Chinese food tastes best in China and sushi is most likely best made in Japan. Maybe the best sushi is made in a small shop in Denmark. You never know unless you try it.

When it comes to fish, though... you really need to open your mind. The fish you buy in one country is like a completely different food to the fish you might buy in another.

Bravo..! Bravo..! :thumb:

themagicroundabout
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm a fork/spoon/knife kinda girl...

Shoden
06-12-2006, 07:17 PM
etti, etiiq, et, c, et... I cannot even say the damn thing never mind follow it.
I just use a fork for stuff, I use a knife sometimes but I cannot hold either "correctly" same with pens.

Mercen-X
06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Chopsticks are fun!!!!!!!!!

I've never heard Silverware. How does it go?

Who the hell did your sig, Shoden? It's stellar!

Shoden
06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
I cannot remember who did it, it's an old sig. How the hell do you hold chopsticks anyway?

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 08:28 PM
what's this fork talk???

Spoons are way better. Fuck the FORMAL style, it's OLD BS.

Shlup
06-12-2006, 08:35 PM

What kind of sushi places are you going to, Bill's Awesome Sushi House? *cringe*

Everyone come over to SoCal and I'll take you to Sushi Umi or Akasaka or Neko Neko and I'll show you how to eat it right, dammit.
There's a "Joe's Sushi" in Riverside. xD

Laugh at face of Danger
06-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Chopsticks are UBER FUN!

you can stab, you can grab
you can pinch, it's a cinch!
just learn the way of the bamboo
it's better than forks, you know it's true!

urm.... yeah!

Yuffie514
06-13-2006, 01:58 AM
chopsticks and a silver spoon of the type which you would find in Chinese restaurants, while being served soup, etc. but, while porcelain is beautiful - i really hate doing the dishes by hand...

kidney / theif
06-13-2006, 03:49 AM
I'll use my fingers. :D

fire_of_avalon
06-13-2006, 03:52 AM
I can use any food utensil thing you set in front of me, and the spoon is vastly superior to them all. It can hold anything! It can even stab! Kind of.

Chopsticks are fun to use in mixed company when people look at you and think you're a dumb uncultured hill billy but then you grab your chopsticks and go to town and they're like well I never.

Mr. Graves
06-13-2006, 04:00 AM
I normally eat my sushi with a fork. But if they serve it with chopsticks, thankfully I have just enough skill with them not to drop the rolls during the tranfer from plate to mouth. But I do prefer forks. I've always found it high on impossible, personally, to eat rice with chopsticks. Maybe i'll figure it out if I get more skill.

I've never seen metal chopsticks, and this thread makes me feel like a loser from Michigan who seriously needs to haul hisself back to SoCal to partake of it's greatness once more. :( There is only one Sushi place that I know of that has 30 varities of sushi, and that's about a 40 min drive.

bipper
06-13-2006, 04:04 AM
I am suprised and dissapointed that Old Manus has not made some claim about using the force.:mad2: