PDA

View Full Version : So...how does that make you feel?

Fonzie
06-12-2006, 06:30 AM
I was skate-boarding and listening to my ipod across the highway the other day minding my own business. When a old-chap(aroud in his mid-seventies) in his car drove up next to me and told me to get a job and make something of my life. Well i'm 14 and that bloody idiot quite pissed me off. So i later found his address off of his liscense and harass him back or being a jackass. So, what do you do when you get yelled at by older people?

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 06:33 AM
I was skate-boarding and listening to my ipod across the highway the other day minding my own business. When a old-chap(aroud in his mid-seventies) in his car drove up next to me and told me to get a job and make something of my life. Well i'm 14 and that bloody idiot quite pissed me off. So i later found his address off of his liscense and harass him back or being a jackass. So, what do you do when you get yelled at by older people?

Keep walking as if he/she didn't exist at all.

or yell back at how pathetically old they are, or how pathetic their lives must be if they have to go out harrassing teenagers/young adults.

Rase
06-12-2006, 07:05 AM
I don't get yelled at by old people. :)

But if I did one day, I'd just ignore them.

Oh, and harassing someone probably isn't the best idea for retaliation. Yes, you may feel he "started it" by yelling at you, but if he files a complaint, you'll have a hard time proving that. I suggest ignoring him.

Avarice-ness
06-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Yeah.. I don't get yelled at by old people, I normally suck up enough to if I threw eggs at their house and they didn't know it was me, then someone told them it was me they would just say "Oh... No... She's asweet girl, she'd never egg our house. NOW STOP LYING AND CLEAN THE FILTH OFF BEFORE WE DECIDE TO CALL THE COPS FOR TRESSPASSING!"

Something to that extent. :p

Awrini
06-12-2006, 08:26 AM
First off, you should've just laughed in his face. Then proceed to bash the fact that he leads quite a pathetic life to harp or even care about what others are doing.

People need to learn which business they should and should NOT get involved in.

Also, the man was probably senile.

If you've never left a flaming bag of poo on someone's doorstep. Now might be a good time. And apparantly nothing is more fun then picking on the elderly.

escobert
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Old people make me sad. or happy, I can never figure it out!

Awrini
06-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Old people make me sad. or happy, I can never figure it out!

Emotional troubles are never good. Maybe you should eliminate the source.:D

No.78
06-12-2006, 08:41 AM
DESTROY ALL OLD PEO- I mean no that's just barbaric enano! >.> <.<

... (ps I love your sig)

Awrini
06-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Kill all the Old People!? Now whatever could give you such a horrendous thought.
You could'nt possibly try and tell me you inferred that from my previous post.

I think it may be smart for you to go seek therapy on your hate for the elderly. I pray for your soul.

escobert
06-12-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah he was saying I should turn myself into a robot. geeze weirdos.

Ki Ki
06-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I just ignore them because most of the time I don't understand what they are talking about! n__n
Old people make me a bit queezy. I can't stay on a bus full of old people without feeling sick!
I know this puts me in a bad position when I grow old and young people don't want to spend any time with me. )':

escobert
06-12-2006, 09:35 AM
they don't want to spend time with you anyways ;)

Loony BoB
06-12-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't have any real desire for revenge on anyone. It's that whole "lowering yourself to their level" thing. I just don't see the point in putting time and effort into someone like that.

If a guy did that, I'd laugh at him and carry on. Maybe laugh with some friends about it later on, too.

Jess
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't tend to have random old people shout at me. :jess:

KentaRawr!
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I only stay inside my house, so I don't get yelled at by old people. I figure I won't give them a chance. :holmes:

Levian
06-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Some people are just jackasses. I don't think it has anything to do with age.

Christmas
06-12-2006, 01:14 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Canyon/5077/project23/elder-hdr.gif

Only if they deserve the respect that is. But I never really get yelled at by older people for no reason in particular.

Chris
06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
What that man did to you was WRONG. But in my country there's a lot of respect for the elders. We alway call them "Ma'am" and "Sir" to honour their hard work. But...still, what he did was wrong and very inappropriate.

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
If anyone yells at me for no reason, esspecially strangers, I yell some insults involving many profanities and then I walk away. Im not discriminative to age. But it doesnt happen very often

But that old guy was pretty stupid, he naturally assumed you didnt work when its possible you do, its not like he saw you at the unemployment office or something was it?

Giga Guess
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Since you have his address, go to his place and ask for a job. If he starts sputtering, then tell him, unless he has work for you to do, mind his own business, and leave the job of parenting you to your parnts, seeing as you were skateboarding, not looting the local mall.

Moon Rabbits
06-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I get yelled at for lots of things and by lots of age groups. I had an old woman yell "****ing crackhead" at me from her car, I don't know why. Maybe it's my bright clothing, or my hair, or something.

I've also had various articles of food thrown at me by passing teenagers in cars.

I ignore them, it usually pisses them off more than retaliating.

Marly
06-12-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't get yelled at by old people. :)

But if I did one day, I'd just ignore them.

Oh, and harassing someone probably isn't the best idea for retaliation. Yes, you may feel he "started it" by yelling at you, but if he files a complaint, you'll have a hard time proving that. I suggest ignoring him.

took the words right out of my mouth.

~SapphireStar~
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I get yelled at by my grandad for something every week. He asked me once to unlock his phone for me? WFT! How am I suppose to be able to unlock a moblie phone?

xenojohn
06-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I used to sk8 alot when i was older and am still involved in the industry.
What i tell kids to do and what i used to do to respond to an old person:

John @ 16 yrs old
"Justmove along sir and mind your own business, I'll be around raising hell long after your dead and covered in 6 feet of dirt........douchbag"

Old Manus
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Just make jokes about them being retired and not having jobs either

Reine
06-12-2006, 09:08 PM
The flaming bag of crap NEVER fails to make me laugh on TV, and hearing it mentioned brings a automatic smile...

Anyway, im not the revenge kind of guy. It just seems stupid to go out of your way to get back at someone. I'll ignore it like I always do.

Alive-Cat
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I'd probably develop a liking for the old chap! I might even find out where he lived and visit him one time. Old people love that. You should give the old man a pat on the back for standing up to the youths of today for what he believes in, he could have well been killed!

Zeldy
06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Nothing like that has happened to me recently, about a few years ago I was out with friends in my area and we walked past these middle-age woman and they started muttering. i can't remember exacly - but it was something like "Kid's these days, shouldn't be out on the streets". We all just laughed, I was like.. 11 xD

Hambone
06-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I flick them off and then run. Hey, I'm 12, theres not much I can AFFORD to do.

lovehurts
06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Am I the only one that doesnt think the old man was horribly wrong? Maybe you look older than you are...14 year olds cant work at too many places dont ya know?.......?? Maybe he was just offering a wise piece of information. Maybe he was once on his board of wood on wheels skating away and getting good at it and he never got a job and never got good at a job. Maybe he was being advisive and just figured that an old man can still tip off or help society where ever it may be....??????

Fonzie
06-13-2006, 06:37 AM
He yelled at me. I think i'll turn emo now...

Jojee
06-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Lmao my last job was tele-fundraising (like telemarketing, except you don't sell a product, you just ask for money ;)) for my university and old people ALWAYS did that to me. Since my uni is rated the #1 party school in the nation, tons of old people were like, "I won't donate to you guys YOU RUINED ACADEMICS go sort your life out and then call me!!111" *falls over* :p

41-Inches-Wide
06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
So, what do you do when you get yelled at by older people?

I'd apologize because certainly I was at fault; usually old people do not yell (well except of course the hearing imparied ones since they think their voice are not really loud) and they only yell if they have a point and I would take their 'advice' in a non-offensive manner.

You can see I have a soft spot for old people.

Cinda
06-13-2006, 09:52 AM
A lady came up to me where I work, stared really hard at me and said, " You know, you'd be such a beautiful girl if you didn't have that horrible thing in your eyebrow. You've ruined your face, it looks so ugly now." (talking about my eyebrow studs). I thought that was really rude of her. I wonder if she knew how it hurt my feelings. You don't just say that to a person. If I wasn't at work and had to be nice I would have told her what a nasty, rude and inconsiderate old bitch she was, and she'd also be quite attractive if she didn't have such an awful hairstyle and ugly earrings.

Giga Guess
06-13-2006, 01:37 PM
A lady came up to me where I work, stared really hard at me and said, " You know, you'd be such a beautiful girl if you didn't have that horrible thing in your eyebrow. You've ruined your face, it looks so ugly now." (talking about my eyebrow studs). I thought that was really rude of her. I wonder if she knew how it hurt my feelings. You don't just say that to a person. If I wasn't at work and had to be nice I would have told her what a nasty, rude and inconsiderate old bitch she was, and she'd also be quite attractive if she didn't have such an awful hairstyle and ugly earrings.

LAWL!