PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

eden knight
06-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Alright,who is gonna buy it?I surely will :hyper:

Lionx
06-12-2006, 10:14 AM
When its under 200 and has enough games i actually want. Even if it does do as well as the PS2, i honestly cannot even hope to get that for 500 much less 600 dollars with just the console....=/

KentaRawr!
06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
I'll TRY to get it. But it's definitely going to be the second system I get, just like last gen. Last gen I got a gamecube for my birthday, and my Sister, Brother and I got a PS2 for Christmas. Sacrifice next Christmas, and we should be able to get a PS3. :choc2:

Mo-Nercy
06-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Psh. It's obvious that Sony's losing the console war right now. They need to bounce back and in a BIG way or else Nintendo is going to take it all with the Wii...

There's a lot to take into consideration...

By the time PS3 comes out, 360 will have a whole heap of awesome games because it's been out for a lot longer. The Wii has the price advantage as well as the added bonus of the whole Wiimote thing.

But yeah...I'll probably still get the PS3. Somewhere down the line..

Dreddz
06-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Of course ill get one. At the end of the day, everybody will buy a PS3, whether it be years after release, or on launch, everybody will buy one.

Roto13
06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I can totally see myself saying this in the future:

$200 is just too much to pay for a dead system. Espcially since I'd have to buy new games, since you can't play used ones in it.

Carmilla
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
I will be getting it after Final Fantasy 13, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, and Silent Hill 5 are released.

Hopefully by then there will be a price drop. :cool:

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Alright,who is gonna buy it?I surely will :hyper:

Ditto! Can't to show off with it too! :kaocheer:

NeoCracker
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Psh. It's obvious that Sony's losing the console war right now. They need to bounce back and in a BIG way or else Nintendo is going to take it all with the Wii...

By the time PS3 comes out, 360 will have a whole heap of awesome games because it's been out for a lot longer. The Wii has the price advantage as well as the added bonus of the whole Wiimote thing.

How are they loosing the console war? Its the most powerful system, its already got huge titles planned for it such as FF XIII, Its only downfall is its expensive.

Rase
06-12-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm probably one of the most frugal people I know, so there's no way I could justify a $600 gaming system to myself, especially since I'll be going to college less than a year after it's released and will need all of the money I can save. I never did get a PS2, and I doubt the PS3 will be different.

Mirage
06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll get it when it's below $300. And Roto, I doubt it will die. It has a few games that a ton of people can't be without. MGS4, Tekken 6 and FFXIII to name a few. Probably SO4 too, whenever that comes.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-12-2006, 09:44 PM
The only PS3 game I'm really anticipating right now is Metal Gear Solid 4, and that won't be out until late 2007, by which time the price will hopefully have dropped some.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
I need to see some excellent games and a major price cut if Sony ever expects me to buy one.

Roto13
06-13-2006, 01:08 AM
And Roto, I doubt it will die.
Then it will be the first immortal console, won't it?

Slothy
06-13-2006, 01:14 AM

Pretty much everything you mentioned aside from Wii having the price advantage is highly debatable/matter of opinion. 360 having a heap of awesome games? Clearly your opinion and not one everyone will share. So far, there is nothing exclusive out or announced for the 360 that I have any interest in, and I know quite a few people who feel the same way. On the other hand, I can list at least four games that will be available at the PS3's launch that I'm highly interested in checking out and/or buying, and two or three others that have my attention and I'm eagerly awaiting reviews for. Not to mention numerous titles that will be available over the next year and a half or so.

I will buy a PS3, and at launch no less if I can get my hands on one. So far it's the only next gen system that has exclusive games I'm interested in. Both the 360 and the Wii have yet to wow me.

Roto13
06-13-2006, 01:21 AM
I can't help but laugh at people who piss away money on a launch Sony system. It's a realy hoot. I mean, paying the money is one thing, but paying ot for something that will most likely be defective is something else entirely.

edczxcvbnm
06-13-2006, 02:23 AM
I will buy this machine when good games actually come out for it, when it costs $200 and after 5 cycles of hardware redesigns to fix their initial /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty design and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty quick fixes.

Erdrick Holmes
06-13-2006, 02:39 AM
I probably will after Sony eventually loses the console race.

Mirage
06-13-2006, 02:42 AM
And Roto, I doubt it will die.
Then it will be the first immortal console, won't it?
Correct.

Rostum
06-13-2006, 03:13 AM
I will eventually, but the only games interesting me at the moment is FFXIII. So there's no point to buy it right away, I'll buy it maybe a year or two down the track.

Ouch!
06-13-2006, 04:56 AM
I will eventually, but the only games interesting me at the moment is FFXIII. So there's no point to buy it right away, I'll buy it maybe a year or two down the track.
Exactly my sentiments. FFXIII and FF Versus XIII look pretty awesome, but not awesome enough to justify a $600 price tag that I simply can't afford.

Lychon
06-13-2006, 05:13 AM

Pretty much everything you mentioned aside from Wii having the price advantage is highly debatable/matter of opinion. 360 having a heap of awesome games? Clearly your opinion and not one everyone will share. So far, there is nothing exclusive out or announced for the 360 that I have any interest in, and I know quite a few people who feel the same way. On the other hand, I can list at least four games that will be available at the PS3's launch that I'm highly interested in checking out and/or buying, and two or three others that have my attention and I'm eagerly awaiting reviews for. Not to mention numerous titles that will be available over the next year and a half or so.

I will buy a PS3, and at launch no less if I can get my hands on one. So far it's the only next gen system that has exclusive games I'm interested in. Both the 360 and the Wii have yet to wow me.

Yes, Sony is losing the console war to Nintendo. Not only is the buzz for the Wii much greater than that for the PS3, but the Wii actually looks like it will be bringing something new to the industry. I could care less about DVD, CD, Blue Ray, and other crap on the system I purchase. I'm looking for a smurfing gaming console that will expand the realm of interactivity, not a multi-gadgeted device intent on dominating my own living room. Nintendo has always surpassed Sony when it comes to the heart of its games, and it will continue to do so. Next time you think about saying something negative about Nintendo in defense of Sony, just remember that your precious PS wouldn't even smurfing exist if it wasn't for Nintendo prompting Sony to develop it.

-LYCHON

P.S. Nintendo to the smurfing death. True gamers recognize. Opinion? Perhaps. Should be QFTMT? Definitely.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-13-2006, 05:19 AM
Nintendo has always surpassed Sony when it comes to the heart of its games, and it will continue to do so.That's true as far as first-party titles go, but Sony has had much more A-grade third-party support than Nintendo has in recent years, and that goes a long way.
Next time you think about saying something negative about Nintendo in defense of Sony, just remember that your precious PS wouldn't even smurfing exist if it wasn't for Nintendo prompting Sony to develop it.Sony probably would have seen that there's money in video games on their own (like Microsoft did) and eventually made a console bid even without Nintendo's involvement.

KentaRawr!
06-13-2006, 05:21 AM
I may be missing something, but I didn't see much in his post that would insult Nintendo in order to defend Sony. It seems to be mostly the X-Box 360 he's talking about in a negative way, and the only non-Nintendo thing he said was that the Wii has yet to wow him. And not only that, but it's entirely a matter of opinion, which shouldn't affect you in any way. :nonono:

Dreddz
06-13-2006, 05:01 PM
The battle isnt really between Sony and Nintendo, its more Sony and Microsoft. Most people who buy Wii's are going to treat it like a secondary console. Not saying that it wont sell well.

I will admit that the PS3 is pricey, but the consoles 20GB version is only £100 more than the premium Xbox 360. When has £100 ever stopped Sony, I believe the PS2 was £100 more than the Gamecube, and it still came out top.

DeathKnight
06-13-2006, 05:26 PM
The battle isnt really between Sony and Nintendo, its more Sony and Microsoft. Most people who buy Wii's are going to treat it like a secondary console. Not saying that it wont sell well.

I will admit that the PS3 is pricey, but the consoles 20GB version is only £100 more than the premium Xbox 360. When has £100 ever stopped Sony, I believe the PS2 was £100 more than the Gamecube, and it still came out top.

secondary to you, primary to others, it can go EITHER way.

"Hey I have a Wii!(which is different that 360/PS3) and I have one of the others which happens to be the PS3"

and vice-versa.

Mirage
06-13-2006, 06:02 PM
that's true, I find. It applies to me aswell. I first bought a PS2, but got a Gamecube later because it was both better and hella cheap. Plus it had a few must-have games. The thing with Nintendo consoles lately is that they are so cheap that very many don't have second thought about buying one.

Roto13
06-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Next time you think about saying something negative about Nintendo in defense of Sony, just remember that your precious PS wouldn't even smurfing exist if it wasn't for Nintendo prompting Sony to develop it.Sony probably would have seen that there's money in video games on their own (like Microsoft did) and eventually made a console bid even without Nintendo's involvement.Or you could think of it another way. The video game industry was pretty much dead before the release of the NES/Famicom. Nintendo is responsible for there even being an industry today.

Dark Paladin
06-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Why are some people talking about the other consoles. I thought this was a thread for the PS3.
I'll be getting one anyhow.

DJZen
06-13-2006, 09:00 PM
I won't get one unless it drops down to $200, preferaably less, and has at least 5 games that I want for it. So far there's a couple titles I'm interested in, but the Wii already has more titles I'm interested in and neither console is even out yet. In addition, the "six degrees of bad control", the de-standardized configuration (Sony has announced that the PS3 will not be one console, but a line of computers with varying configurations), and this rumor of PS3 games being licensed makes me pretty disinterested in the system.

Mirage
06-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Sony has announced that the PS3 will not be one console (the Xbox 360 did the same, by the way, and both versions will run the same games), but a line of computers with varying configurations
Are you talking about the fact that it comes in two versions (the xbox 360 did the same, and both versions will run the same games anyway), or that the cell CPU will be used in more products than the PS3? If it's something else, please give me a source for that.

Ultima Shadow
06-13-2006, 09:58 PM
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3770/5050gf.jpg
Enough said. As long as it costs that much, I won't be able to afford it.

Lychon
06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Nintendo has always surpassed Sony when it comes to the heart of its games, and it will continue to do so.That's true as far as first-party titles go, but Sony has had much more A-grade third-party support than Nintendo has in recent years, and that goes a long way.
Next time you think about saying something negative about Nintendo in defense of Sony, just remember that your precious PS wouldn't even smurfing exist if it wasn't for Nintendo prompting Sony to develop it.Sony probably would have seen that there's money in video games on their own (like Microsoft did) and eventually made a console bid even without Nintendo's involvement.
If you want to talk about what may have happened, then we'll be having a very long conversation. I'm stating what DID happen. It was because of Nintendo that Playstation exists. That's what happened. If you want to go off to "if's and butt's land," then be my guest, lol .

And as far as Nintendo not having as much third-party support for its development, it only goes to show Nintendo's extreme tenacity and innovation. To be able and take as big a chunk out of the gaming market as Nintendo did with its N64, GameCube, and its handhelds is phenomenal.

-LYCHON

Slothy
06-13-2006, 11:16 PM
And as far as Nintendo not having as much third-party support for its development, it only goes to show Nintendo's extreme tenacity and innovation. To be able and take as big a chunk out of the gaming market as Nintendo did with its N64, GameCube, and its handhelds is phenomenal.

-LYCHON

Maybe I've been under a rock or something for the last ten years, but I'm fairly certain Nintendo lost huge market share during the days of the N64, and didn't really gain any more with the Cube.

Look, in no way did I rip into Nintendo at all. Honestly, I'm a Nintendo fan, and have been for the majority of my natural life, but that doesn't change the fact that in recent years I've found Nintendo's new instalments in some of my favourite franchises to be lacking in the creativity and innovation they once had. Could the Wii be the turning point for them? Possibly, and I'm certainly hoping so, but I'm not seeing it yet. And I'm honestly not convinced of the possibilities of the controller. So far I haven't seen it being used for anything that wasn't already possible with a regular controller or mouse & keyboard. When I see something truly unique and innovative for it that makes me say "this is fracking amazing, and would have been impossible without this controller", then I'll be first in line at EB to grab one. So far I just haven't seen a game that has me sold on the controller, but I'm still keeping my eye on the console to see what develops.

Try to keep in mind that that's only my opinion and how I see the Wii right now, so let's try to keep the freakouts to a minimum and just try to get along shall we? I do plan on playing one as soon as any of my friends get one so that I can try it out for myself and really see what it's all about. I'm just saying it hasn't won it's way into my heart (and my wallet) yet, though the virtual console makes it a tempting purchase.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-14-2006, 12:22 AM
If you want to talk about what may have happened, then we'll be having a very long conversation. I'm stating what DID happen. It was because of Nintendo that Playstation exists. That's what happened. If you want to go off to "if's and butt's land," then be my guest, lol .It's correct to say that Nintendo had a direct hand in the creation process of the PlayStation. It's wrong, however, to say that the PlayStation would never have been made without Nintendo's involvement. That's all I was getting at.

Lychon
06-14-2006, 12:37 AM

-LYCHON

Maybe I've been under a rock or something for the last ten years, but I'm fairly certain Nintendo lost huge market share during the days of the N64, and didn't really gain any more with the Cube.

Look, in no way did I rip into Nintendo at all. Honestly, I'm a Nintendo fan, and have been for the majority of my natural life, but that doesn't change the fact that in recent years I've found Nintendo's new instalments in some of my favourite franchises to be lacking in the creativity and innovation they once had. Could the Wii be the turning point for them? Possibly, and I'm certainly hoping so, but I'm not seeing it yet. And I'm honestly not convinced of the possibilities of the controller. So far I haven't seen it being used for anything that wasn't already possible with a regular controller or mouse & keyboard. When I see something truly unique and innovative for it that makes me say "this is fracking amazing, and would have been impossible without this controller", then I'll be first in line at EB to grab one. So far I just haven't seen a game that has me sold on the controller, but I'm still keeping my eye on the console to see what develops.

Try to keep in mind that that's only my opinion and how I see the Wii right now, so let's try to keep the freakouts to a minimum and just try to get along shall we? I do plan on playing one as soon as any of my friends get one so that I can try it out for myself and really see what it's all about. I'm just saying it hasn't won it's way into my heart (and my wallet) yet, though the virtual console makes it a tempting purchase.

Relax...no one is "freaking out." I never said anything about losing or gaining market share. I specifically stated that Nintendo has had extreme "tenacity and innovation" to be able to compete at its level even without third party support. Nintendo isn't going anywhere, and neither are its supporters. We are going to stay right here, so if want a war, then smurfing bring it.

I'll stick with Nintendo instead of some system that turns out worthless game after game, hoping to get lucky with a developer once in a while. In case you didn't know, I was referring to Sony. :D

-LYCHON

Yuffie514
06-14-2006, 01:03 AM
great trends would most likely follow their lead console, meaning that i may miss out on future Final Fantasy and Silent Hill titles if i don't buy, xD. PlayStation 3 isn't the only console i'm planning to buy...