PDA

View Full Version : Perks of Being a Wallflower

Moon Rabbits
06-12-2006, 03:58 PM
I searched, and did not find a thread about this rather amazing book.

I finished reading it in a day, and found it very good. I wouldn't go as far as saying it changed my life (as many readers have before) but it was very comforting, depressing, uplifting, insightful, devastating etc. It made me feel many different things, and a book has never done that for me before.

If you have read the book, discuss.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I've read it. It made an impression on me. Sent a copy to Michael Gonzales as a birthday gift in January of 2002. Good times.

Moon Rabbits
06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
I liked how it ended. It was rather unexpected.

In the sense that nothing got better, Charlie just got happier.

I also liked the part when Charlie phones the 1-800 number to wish the girl a good night, and then she hangs up ;-;

-N-
06-13-2006, 08:42 AM
A fantastic book, to say the least. I devoured every page. I liked the writing style the most, and am guilty of stealing it every once in a while in my short stories. :p

GooeyToast
07-12-2006, 01:30 AM
I read this book last night. Wow, it really was an amazing book. I couldn't put it down, even when it was 4 in the morning.

I really liked Charlie the more I read. At first I thought he was a bit too clueless for his own good, but as you read more he begins to develop into a more likeable character I think. His relationship with Sam was very emotional I thought, especially at the end. The only thing I thought that was overdone a bit was his whole crying thing, and some of his thoughts on people, although I guess since he has problems of sorts I can accept it.

Wonderful book. I love it. I really do :D

Moon Rabbits
07-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Charlie never really got on my nerves, but he did cry a bit too often for my liking.

Some of the quotes from that book are stellar.