PDA

View Full Version : Pens

Shoden
06-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Well we all have a unique way of holding the pen, there is a supposed correct way of holding the pen. So how do you hold your pens, pencils, and stuff.... Well other questions are, are you righty or lefty?

I hold my pen strangely, it's the only comfortable way with these small pens, I aint allowed to use special thick pens though. You see this is probably a result of the condition I have....

Does your handwriting suck too? Or is it neat and tidy like the teachers love? This is how I hold mine anyway....

Yes this thread has a sickly inuendo feel to it, like I said, we all have ways of holding our pens. (had to do that. Hahahaha)

Neron
06-12-2006, 07:50 PM
hehe... yes i hold my pen a simular way...and my handwriting is :love: PERFECT:love: ... But You have a "condition" -lol-? ..

Reine
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Hmm, im not sure how I hold my pen (:jokey:) but my handwriting is terrible, and it always will be...why I do all my writing on the PC these days

Rye
06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
My handwriting is awful and I supposedly hold my pen weird, but it feels normal to me! xD

Zeldy
06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
I hold mine so wierd, if I write too much in exams etc, my little fingers tip goes square.

Shoden
06-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I do actually, it sucks... Here's an example of my handwriting. This feels normal to me aswell. Well lets see what you think :jokey: When I write too much my fingers stiffen up and they ache like hell, same with my thumb and hand joints. Cracking my fingers and knuckles temporarily helps.

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I hold mine at a 35 degree angle, approximately one inch from the tip, and the pen shell itself rest snuggly on the callous of my middle finger, and is controlled by my thumb and pointer finger. While not writing I usually twirl it around or rest it on my thumb, middle finger, and held in place by my second, or on the ear, usually if I'm yelling at my friends, this is what I do.

I am a righty, and my handwriting is somewhat fine and distinguishable, but small... extremely small. It's smaller than the text that Rye uses. I prefer a medium tip pen to a fine one. Unfortunately, most of my teachers are left handed, so there's no way I could match what they do.

I don't believe that there is a correct way to hold a pen, because it varies from person to person: you just have to do what feels right. Of course, I highly doubt someone would find it very good that someone else held it at the end in a fist, and moved the head so that ink lines would appear.

Jess
06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Apparently I hold mine weird, but to me everybody else is just weird. I'm left handed with writing/drawing/painting but for most other things I use my right hand. I have two different types of handwriting, too. It's either unjoined and normal or joined and italic. I suppose it's kinda neat. :jess:

Rye
06-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Here is a sample of my handwriting! :)

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/ryewriting2.jpg</a>

Marly
06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
My handwriting changes with my mood. I can have insanely neat writing if I feel like putting in the effort, or my writing can be an illegible scrawl. Usually the latter. And I hold it the same as Shoden.

I Took the Red Pill
06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I hold my pen in the classic three-finger triangle.

Zeldy
06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/Zeldy/Picture134.jpg
Thats how I hold my pen. God I look so gormless ^__^;

Those nails are real kthx

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Well we all have a unique way of holding the pen, there is a supposed correct way of holding the pen. So how do you hold your pens, pencils, and stuff.... Well other questions are, are you righty or lefty?

I hold my pen strangely, it's the only comfortable way with these small pens, I aint allowed to use special thick pens though. You see this is probably a result of the condition I have....

Does your handwriting suck too? Or is it neat and tidy like the teachers love? This is how I hold mine anyway....

Yes this thread has a sickly inuendo feel to it, like I said, we all have ways of holding our pens. (had to do that. Hahahaha)

You're kiling the pen??? amazing........well not really amazing, weird.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/Zeldy/Picture134.jpg
Thats how I hold my pen. God I look so gormless ^__^;

Those nails are real kthx

with nails like those I don't know how you can survive school.

Zeldy
06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
xD They're quite strong really, but when they snap they hurt so bad ;__________;

Laugh at face of Danger
06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
I hold my stationery near enough upright when drawing but slanted when i write, i'm a righty (woo, i'm so boring. I hold my stationery close to the nib/lead with my thumb meeting my index finger, the middle finger close by and tightly in, the other two fingers are kept straight and together and go behind the barrel/shaft. Try holding your pencil to see how i mean.

When i'm not writing (i always use biro, so i don't get ink everywhere) i like to flick my pen quickly between my index and middle finger, that or poke one end in my mouth and cup my hand around my face, the rest of the pen resting between my index and middle finger - almost like it's a cigarette >.< . I don't know where i picked this habit up from at all! All i know is that i get some odd looks in the middle of class when i kick back in my chair and take my pen from my mouth to proceed writing.

There's always a black or blue biro on me, and a 2H pencil for sketching too and i never put it behind my ear (that was how i lost my first baby - that being a 2H pencil that was very dear to me!) or in my top pocket - where they always seem to leak and explode!

Ugh, how many more times do i need to edit before i fully answer the thread?! *sighs* my handwriting sucks, when disjointed it tends to over lap though is wuite neat, but in exam when i'm speed writing it looks like an entire colony of spiders has fallen in ink and then proceeded to die on my page, or run across it with a drunken stagger - so the teachers loathe me :(. Aside from that, my computer typing is some-what better, though this is little consolation.

I hope that description was graphic enough! :D

starseeker
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM
I hold my pen with my thumb and the first 2 fingers opposite it. The weight's on my ring finger and after 2 hours of writing it hurst so badly. (I'm having exams right now)

Alive-Cat
06-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I hold my pen exactly the same as yours, Shoden. :cool:
I can write either way. I was born left handed but when I was about 3 I got all my left fingers shut in a door, so I started to write with my right hand, and just learned to do it that way. I didn't try to write with my left hand until about 9, by 10 I perfected it. So I can write either way.
Currently I'm working on a master scheme to write super fast by holding it with BOTH, but it's failing so far...:(

Venom
06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm Ambidextrious.:cool:

rubah
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/hand.jpg

sadly this was quicker than taking a picture.

Shoden
06-12-2006, 09:20 PM
I got pretty long fingers aswell, that makes grip on small things like pens and pencils difficult.

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/hand.jpg

sadly this was quicker than taking a picture.

That's better than anything I could draw.

That's essentially what I was describing as to how I hold my pen, except the top is usually closer to the table than the picture indicates.

Oddly enough, the only thing I do with the right hand is write and draw; everything else I can do with my left, even if it requires two hands, like a Gameboy; I can reach all the way across from the D-Pad to hit the "A" button if necessary.

Faris
06-12-2006, 10:31 PM
My pen is better than yours. :cool:

Guess which hand I write most often with.

Hambone
06-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm a lefty. My handwriting sucks. Both when I write in print and cursive. My index finger sits on top of the pen about 2 centimeters away from the point and my index finger bends inward because I'm double jointed. (It looks sick) And my thumb sits right by my index finger on the right side of the finger. I hold my pen at ablout an 80 degree angle.

GooeyToast
06-12-2006, 10:38 PM
5 bucks says I have the weirdest style of anyone here.

I hold mine between the index and middle finger of my right hand, with the end resting on the tip of my thumb. How I ever came to write this way, I have no idea.

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I dont hold my pens, I prefer to use the good ole pencil

Levian
06-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I hold mine like Faris, except slightly more retarded.

Hawkeye
06-12-2006, 11:34 PM
HEY.

Levian
06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Did I say retarded? I meant something entirely different.

Shauna
06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
I hold my pen like this, somewhat~ :D Sorry it's so blurry. ^_^;

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/yuna_elena/pen.jpg

Hawkeye
06-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Did I say retarded? I meant something entirely different.
I would appriciate you would stop making fun of those less capable to correctly hold a pen and/or pencil in a intricate, prehensile hand body part that is slightly retarded to the average homo sapien in today's world, you jackass.

Levian
06-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm allowed to make fun of it if I do it myself. That's the rules. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/shoat.gif

Yuffie514
06-13-2006, 01:20 AM
my handwriting has been described as:

- neat (teachers/the future sister-in-law)
- small (those **** who have huge glass frames :tongue: )
- "bony" (soft and/or thin, as quoted by myself)